I have been going after the Ants and the Japanese beatles with the DE and lawn grub treatment Auto Blueberry on the left Happy Farming ! :thumbsup:
AFN 2024 auto photo outdoor comp.JPG

Okay, let me try a different family pic..
Wow! :amazon: Those came back swinging with both hands - :greenthumb:..they're on their way to becoming a privacy hedge- :rofl:
Some fine guerilla action you're throwing down here luv - :clapper::clapper::clapper:
The setting still amuses me with it's very post-apocalyptic looks, it's Maria's End of Civilization grow! :vibe:...never seen anything like this so more Kudos to you-😘

Next year knowing what I know I will veg these fully to size indoors then move them out same time knowing they will immediately transition into flower. I'm pretty stoked to know I'll be the first on the block to have that fresh fresh outdoor!
The experiment never ends, hey? 🤓
I love how you're work with FV's is showing us a lot about their characteristics and behavior
respect.gif

Nothing is set in stone, each cross/pheno' does their own thing... You can never be sure what you'll get!
One thing for sure, clones of FV's carry the regular clones behavior of setting bloom sooner than the same cross from seed. I think one of the trickier aspects of FV's is how hair-triggered they are in shifting into bloom gears. Note how @Prague guerilla love FV's have behaved!
More data coming from me too with 3 other FV's and your Melon Madness x StrawDawg going this year.
I have Fire99/A5Thai x C99a, Aunt of Farouk/SensiStar x CBD Haze auto, Lavender/MixedPurps x C99a, and GhostMaverick x 3BearsOG auto in my line-up.
GhostMav3BOG will be interesting in particular, with Maverick in the mix; check it out.... :thumbsup:
Mine are all outside full time after a couple weeks in the auto tent, some are ready for on-site placement and next stage transplanting!

Definitely time to give those farm animals a hairs-cut -
ed scissor.gif
:rofl:
Looking fab' Jean!
23 seedlings potted up into solo cups!
Ready to go into the 2"x2" tent to bring them on to a good size for planting out!
It feels like summer is about to start!:cools::baked:
:baby::baby::baby:-- getting that party on site is going to be rather interesting!
All you outdoor grow-masters, please give me any pointers on my last update there!
These are going to be the biggest plants I've ever grown, pretty sure of that.

Do you have any advice or pointers at this point?
Things to watch our for in particular?
What NPK ratios should I be doing now? At the start of flower proper?
One thing I've been thinking of is whether to top those Grail x ThaiFrican girls?

Thanks!
Feed demands will be getting very tricky soon... A lot of plant, not a lot of roots and all competing... My experience with the Lamby 4-pot showed they did OK in veg, but as soon as bloom hit, they started eating fans and I chased demands the whole way home... I was using mineral nutes then, all the better for right-now availability! You're going more "organic"/slow release so that up's the tricky factor.... certainly so far, so good!
The tough balance will be to not feed them too much and make they really go nuts and choke the roots out and collapse later, but then not starve them into poor budding/buds -
hmmm.gif

How soon they trigger over, stretch factors, degree of cramping, it's all going to be a tightrope walk= 😬 ...aggressive trimming/reductions may be needed, cut down bloom sites in favor of fewer larger tops and side nuggs....

Update topped and trimmed and if the beneficials are an indication it’s going to be good
The Container Jungle! :vibe:
Actualization of photoperiods I will start also with autos in competition in this week. :salute: We have alternately hot weeks and colder weeks.Very good weather!
GORILLA SHERBET FAST
:woohoo1:-- That GS is blowing me away mate, she might be done in August! That will be the fastest, earliest triggering F1FV from Sweet I have ever seen - :thumbsup:
'Blossom is going to be a handful come harvest time! She's a total beauty right now Prague', I'd start clearing out inner nodes of branches and low hanging stuff, take off some fans, open her up and start shaping her a bit at a time...

Dug 13 holes today, no pics as it got dark.
I took a head torch, thinking I was gonna get 20 holes dug no matter what!
Turns out 13 holes in 5 hours is plenty, my body was telling me "go home and eat some food", so that's what I did!
The holes are about 20 Liters in size and once I got 8" down the clay soil, turned to 100% clay.
There is some nice moisture down there but no water logging.
Next visit,there will be just another 7 holes to dig.
After that I will mix the clay soil and coco (containing additives and amendments) together and fill the bag pots and put them in the holes.
The seedlings are coming on nicely in the tent, there are 30 to choose from, so there will be 10 spare, for planting somewhere else, maybe?
Not long now and there will some outdoor pictures, thank god they are autos and won't take too long until harvest.
That's great progress mate, getting it done in one go was a might bit too ambitious! 😵‍💫
...the shallow clay layer is an interesting wrinkle... I think mostly a plus (once dug out which I assume was a bitch!) as it will hold moisture in better and provide some mineral goodies!

Day 105 short update

Went to water, knowing girls will be thirsty, 'cos it's hot here in July!
They were wilting quite a lot.
It's about 35C high each day, that's 95F for you Americans.

Long story short:
Found three large polystyrene boxes, about 30L, 40L and 60L.
Made holes in the side about 1" up, meaning it'll keep some water in the bottom, like a hempy bucket.
Put the three pots in those, and watered them again.
Then found some amazing black gold -- natural aged compost at the back of these apartments.
And filled in the extra space in the boxes.
As I use cloth pots, the roots might grow through into the whole box, almost doubling their potential root space.

Very happy outcome to a difficult situation of maintaining water levels in mid-summer.
Next few weeks will be challenging, but then the rains will kick in to help water for me.
August rainfall is double July, so is September.

These big boxes and local natural black gold compost for the win!

Tried to upload a pic but it's too big... next time... or check my journal for details.
:yay:Excellent! ..will do...
Pic size, can you get it into an editing software on your computer? Or lower the pic size on the phone? They take such amazing pics anymore, but use fat MB's to do it....

This is the first summer in 12 years where i just haven't been jazzed up growing the medicine. More excited about the garlic n taters than the medicine for some reason. It's not like i need more jars for awhile. And we made up about 8 pounds of coco butter that we froze.
So happy growing all. There are some outstanding grows going on this year, more than i've seen in the time i've been here. So me hat is off to you all :toke:

Oh an de strawberry harvest was good as well. Pic of the last harvest of em
No wonder with all those tasty treats on hand! :drool:... stoked you have your tech sit' sorted finally :headbang:
So I did a little bit of harvesting on the Cream Cheeze F1Fv clones. I'm not sure what the tree is but I have this ugly half dead tree next to the garden that shits shoots all over my plants and it's created a problem for the early flowering plants as the shoots have dropped into the flowers and started to rot. Errr I'm cutting the tree down after this season.... so anyway I'm about a week early on this harvest but I was getting a bit of bud rot on the Cream Cheeze as they are right under the tree that is dumping it's shoots all over.
She definitely put our some large chunky flowers!
That sappy shit(?- or some sort of debris?) has some sugars which the mold/fungi go apeshit over, so no wonder the Rots kicked off!
Ditto for debris bits if that's the case, ready-mulch that is...:cuss: fouls the buds up too!
Just stopping by, since i was in the neighborhood. Wow, just the last couple of pages are fantastic! Won't have time to go back much farther, cuz need to start cooking walleye, soon.
Hope to get back to some autos, one of these days.
Our veggie gardens are pretty dismal. Between sissy moving in, eldest brother's passing, another brother's cancer appts, and rain rain rain...two of our gardens only got half planted. Good thing that our freezers are still half full.
I've been on a really low carb diet. Two days into it, i was so dizzy that i felt like i was going to pass out. Checked blood pressure and it was WAY low, so discontinued the bp meds. Lost over twenty pounds, so far, a bit more to go. Had an ice cream birthday binge that set me back a little, but am back at the diet. Nearly 70 years old, and not on any pharma meds, now. YAY! So, this diet showed me that salt was not my blood pressure problem, it was sugar. I'm just not trusting pharma drugs and docs much anymore. I'm supposed to be getting two teaspoons of salt per day, which i usually cannot do, but am really eating a lot of it. Triglycerides have always been FAR over 'normal', since i started getting routine blood tests, and had gotten worse with every year that passed. Boom! with this diet, it's in the middle of 'normal' range! PURE monk fruit has kept me in 'sweets' (just a tad in cocoa powder and hot water, maybe a little cream) or i don't know if i could have done this.:yay:
:bighug:Nanny, nice to see ya! ...Cheers on the diet and med's tinkering, you're ahead of the curve big time with all this! :clapper:
...don't you have some time for maybe a couple wee porch queen auto's at least? :eyebrows:
WOOF! .....hello to all
i kept this short as i did not know how much vid could be downloaded as i've tried to share larger vids with no luck.
Dutchpro nutrients
coco/perlite mix amended and topcoat with 5-5-5 dry amendment
5.5-6.5 water
no training to autos yet
photos have been pinched/pizzed
SOOT my man! :bighug:... great to see ya about, hope you made it through that f'ing heat dome shit OK?! :fire: Holy crap- 128F in Death Valley!!
@Waira identified septoria on the leaves. I spent 5 hours stripping the lowers and infected leaves then sprayed with a copper fungicide. I dont think its working to stop it. I ordered some captain jacks neem, I'll give that a try. I've been thinking about next year and how to stop it. I think im not going to till the soil and add a cover crop. I need to do so more reading on it. Any thoughts from guys? Mulch the area with wood chips or cover the area in fabric? I dunno... I grew down in Indiana for nearly 30 years and never had this problem.
As it's an internal infection, all you can do is beat it back... shit is ubiquitous too, Jean mentioned his wars with it as well in MI... :cuss:
OD grows are no picnic on easy street!
I've been spared that war so I can't advise much... Maybe look into some sort of bio-agent like Actinovate? I'm not sure if the anti-botrytis stuff RotBlock would be effective....
In veg, maybe a Sulfur based product that sticks onto the leaf surfaces would be helpful too...

....Photo girls look fat and sassy! :spels:

break.jpg
... BBL, mostly caught up at least! ...it's been a fucking madhouse at work, killing me and my time... I have ladies to attend too as well!
Gotta go prep the site for incoming photo's, a few vigorous girls are ready for their 5gal upgrades!

Wow! :amazon: Those came back swinging with both hands - :greenthumb:..they're on their way to becoming a privacy hedge- :rofl:
Some fine guerilla action you're throwing down here luv - :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Haha, yeah, it's looking hedgy on the edgy there.

Forgot to update, but I had another issue with them getting too dry.
It's been hot and rain wasn't much.
They were only managing a few days before they would start wilting.

On site I found a couple of big polystyrene boxes, maybe 30L, 40L and 60L or so.
And then I found some natural compost / leaf compost on the back balconies.
Must be aged for like 6-10 years or something, very nice quality!

I punched some holes in the big boxes, dropped the girls in,
and filled up the rest of the space with the compost.
They're in cloth pots, so the roots will grow through.
Probably doubled their potential root space.
And the box will both insulate from heat and reduce evaporation.

It's rained a bit more since, rainy season is slowly starting.
But I think that should solve the watering problem -- bigger pots!
And help these girls put on more size before they go into flower.
PXL_20240705_015455082.jpg
(This is after they had perked up a lot after watering.)
PXL_20240705_015504578.jpg

You can see the extra volume in the seed-plant pot.
PXL_20240705_015509167.jpg
Helping the Grail girl find some more moisture and root-space!

:smokeout: Hi y'all!

....doing a drive-by posting of the photo' crew before the work beating begins....

>>> from L-->R : Collins Ave.; NYSD x HeadBanger; Lavender/MixedPrups x C99a; FireMoB/A5T x C99a; Burmese Pure
grp1.jpg
grp2.jpg

I seem to have an odd phenomena going on this year. Several first round starts are showing strong apical dominance and slow lateral development - :shrug: ...2nd plants are the opposite! Age diff's are maybe 10 days?

>>> GhostMaverick x 3BearsOG
gm3.jpg
gm3a.jpg

>>> NevLimeWhite
nw2.jpg
nw1.jpg

>>> Melon Madness x StrawDawg -- post rat attack and powering through it!
mmsd.jpg

:smokeout: Hi y'all!

....doing a drive-by posting of the photo' crew before the work beating begins....

>>> from L-->R : Collins Ave.; NYSD x HeadBanger; Lavender/MixedPrups x C99a; FireMoB/A5T x C99a; Burmese Pure
View attachment 1693522View attachment 1693523

I seem to have an odd phenomena going on this year. Several first round starts are showing strong apical dominance and slow lateral development - :shrug: ...2nd plants are the opposite! Age diff's are maybe 10 days?

>>> GhostMaverick x 3BearsOG
View attachment 1693524View attachment 1693525

>>> NevLimeWhite
View attachment 1693527View attachment 1693526

>>> Melon Madness x StrawDawg -- post rat attack and powering through it!
View attachment 1693528

Looking very healthy and happy @Waira .......:watering:.... lots looking delightfully Indica..ca...ca.....:eyebrows:

#HappyFriday update.......:bighug:

20240711202346_IMG_0629.JPG

The big girls munching sunbeams like pros.........:biggrin:....1ltr bottle for perspective......not Secret ferts..........:yeah:

20240711192114_IMG_0610.JPG

The Lucky Dragon regerm are back on track.......:biggrin:...this is a Fun grow....males will be killed on sight.............but...

There are a couple of glorious Dragon males there that I'm finding hard to resist......:crying:.. bloody compulsive......

20240711200026_IMG_0619~3.JPG

Me cucumber pot makes me Smile every morning...it is like a secret garden...

All cukes on the outside....

20240711195742_IMG_0616.JPG

All girls on the inside..........:biggrin:.... I've laid them down....not expecting bigger buds... they are seeded.. probably won't move much now.. switch to seed bearing.

But we got the tip off yesterday that the plot next door is going on the market... imminently....so we might have strangers passing coming to view it.. better safe than sorry....

Better replace the air freshner too.......:pass:

Have a great weekend........:headbang:

Last edited:
Oh....I Forgot....one for @Waira ....... :crying: .....siblings....all things being equal.......

Who on Earth would pick the scrawny bird on the left... compared to her voluptuous sister on the right........:eyebrows:... Madness...

20240711202446_IMG_0631.JPG

The setting still amuses me with it's very post-apocalyptic looks, it's Maria's End of Civilization grow! :vibe:...never seen anything like this so more Kudos to you-😘

The experiment never ends, hey? 🤓
I love how you're work with FV's is showing us a lot about their characteristics and behavior View attachment 1693001
Nothing is set in stone, each cross/pheno' does their own thing... You can never be sure what you'll get!
One thing for sure, clones of FV's carry the regular clones behavior of setting bloom sooner than the same cross from seed. I think one of the trickier aspects of FV's is how hair-triggered they are in shifting into bloom gears. Note how @Prague guerilla love FV's have behaved!
More data coming from me too with 3 other FV's and your Melon Madness x StrawDawg going this year.
I have Fire99/A5Thai x C99a, Aunt of Farouk/SensiStar x CBD Haze auto, Lavender/MixedPurps x C99a, and GhostMaverick x 3BearsOG auto in my line-up.
GhostMav3BOG will be interesting in particular, with Maverick in the mix; check it out.... :thumbsup:
Mine are all outside full time after a couple weeks in the auto tent, some are ready for on-site placement and next stage transplanting!

Definitely time to give those farm animals a hairs-cut -View attachment 1693003:rofl:
Looking fab' Jean!

:baby::baby::baby:-- getting that party on site is going to be rather interesting!

Feed demands will be getting very tricky soon... A lot of plant, not a lot of roots and all competing... My experience with the Lamby 4-pot showed they did OK in veg, but as soon as bloom hit, they started eating fans and I chased demands the whole way home... I was using mineral nutes then, all the better for right-now availability! You're going more "organic"/slow release so that up's the tricky factor.... certainly so far, so good!
The tough balance will be to not feed them too much and make they really go nuts and choke the roots out and collapse later, but then not starve them into poor budding/buds - View attachment 1693004
How soon they trigger over, stretch factors, degree of cramping, it's all going to be a tightrope walk= 😬 ...aggressive trimming/reductions may be needed, cut down bloom sites in favor of fewer larger tops and side nuggs....

The Container Jungle! :vibe:

:woohoo1:-- That GS is blowing me away mate, she might be done in August! That will be the fastest, earliest triggering F1FV from Sweet I have ever seen - :thumbsup:
'Blossom is going to be a handful come harvest time! She's a total beauty right now Prague', I'd start clearing out inner nodes of branches and low hanging stuff, take off some fans, open her up and start shaping her a bit at a time...

That's great progress mate, getting it done in one go was a might bit too ambitious! 😵‍💫
...the shallow clay layer is an interesting wrinkle... I think mostly a plus (once dug out which I assume was a bitch!) as it will hold moisture in better and provide some mineral goodies!

:yay:Excellent! ..will do...
Pic size, can you get it into an editing software on your computer? Or lower the pic size on the phone? They take such amazing pics anymore, but use fat MB's to do it....

No wonder with all those tasty treats on hand! :drool:... stoked you have your tech sit' sorted finally :headbang:

That sappy shit(?- or some sort of debris?) has some sugars which the mold/fungi go apeshit over, so no wonder the Rots kicked off!
Ditto for debris bits if that's the case, ready-mulch that is...:cuss: fouls the buds up too!

:bighug:Nanny, nice to see ya! ...Cheers on the diet and med's tinkering, you're ahead of the curve big time with all this! :clapper:
...don't you have some time for maybe a couple wee porch queen auto's at least? :eyebrows:

SOOT my man! :bighug:... great to see ya about, hope you made it through that f'ing heat dome shit OK?! :fire: Holy crap- 128F in Death Valley!!

As it's an internal infection, all you can do is beat it back... shit is ubiquitous too, Jean mentioned his wars with it as well in MI... :cuss:
OD grows are no picnic on easy street!
I've been spared that war so I can't advise much... Maybe look into some sort of bio-agent like Actinovate? I'm not sure if the anti-botrytis stuff RotBlock would be effective....
In veg, maybe a Sulfur based product that sticks onto the leaf surfaces would be helpful too...

....Photo girls look fat and sassy! :spels:

View attachment 1693012... BBL, mostly caught up at least! ...it's been a fucking madhouse at work, killing me and my time... I have ladies to attend too as well!
Gotta go prep the site for incoming photo's, a few vigorous girls are ready for their 5gal upgrades!
I really liked that Lav x Purps x C99 auto. I crossed it to The Straw Dawg FV to make my Amethyst which I have at the R3 stage going with a lavender heavy phenotype for my selection. Super Haze are the effects from it, it really puts your head in the clouds.

I really liked that Lav x Purps x C99 auto. I crossed it to The Straw Dawg FV to make my Amethyst which I have at the R3 stage going with a lavender heavy phenotype for my selection. Super Haze are the effects from it, it really puts your head in the clouds.

#HappyFriday @Jean-O .... :bighug: . #SharingOne. :pass:

Lavender heavy Sounds great..........:headbang:... loving the Linalool....

Back