Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for those of you that have it. Is the cannatrol tint they sell applied inside the door or in the outside? I think @Frankthetank you said you have one with and without right?
Yes…. It’s on the inside…. Some type of (vinyl maybe) matte black film…..:d5:

The door, like any fridge can be removed quite easily for that.

You can also flip it to be left or right hinge.
From my experience it can't be flipped unless you want to modify it a bit. I was going to do that but the lock on the bottom prevents you from just flipping it(decals would be upside down as well) there are not holes on the other side to just swap the hinges either.

The hinges look like they can be unbolted and flipped to the other side. Mine has the holes.

Yes, you lose the lock, but I don't use that.

The hinges look like they can be unbolted and flipped to the other side. Mine has the holes.

Yes, you lose the lock, but I don't use that.
Yeah I meant there are not holes on the other side of the door so the only way to do it is to flip the door upside down instead of just swapping the hinges(unfortunately). I gotta retain the lock as I'll use mine for storage and it's gotta be locked up from the kids so that's a not an option for me plus it wouldn't look the best imo. Would be nice if the door had holes for both sides to make it easy.

I had another question for everyone as it's a bit vague. How wet should the sponge be when you put it in? Soaking to the point of not dripping or should it be rung out a bit?

Yeah I meant there are not holes on the other side of the door so the only way to do it is to flip the door upside down instead of just swapping the hinges(unfortunately). I gotta retain the lock as I'll use mine for storage and it's gotta be locked up from the kids so that's a not an option for me plus it wouldn't look the best imo. Would be nice if the door had holes for both sides to make it easy.

I had another question for everyone as it's a bit vague. How wet should the sponge be when you put it in? Soaking to the point of not dripping or should it be rung out a bit?
I soak it, but not dripping, or standing in the bottom of the cup…. I usually flip the sponge over in the cup every day or two..

I soak it, but not dripping, or standing in the bottom of the cup…. I usually flip the sponge over in the cup every day or two..
Ah okay thanks, think I made it too dry first time. It was completely dry again after a day and a half.

Anybody wanna volunteer to measure temp/RH inside the unit, so we can see what it's actually doing during a cycle?

I'm wondering how well it can actually control VPD given typical instrument accuracy for RH sensors and ambient temp limits for TECs. That would give the DIYers an idea of how precise they need to be.

I use this (discontinued) model of wifi hygrometers, which can export data:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B0834SNGQW

The display shows temp and dew point to .1 resolution. Are you trying to see if thats accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back