Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to sand accordingly! Also, Abatron is the product you want if you are doin wood repair on the exterior. Doubt they sell it locally where you are, but ya can order it on line. Two part wood epoxy and a liquid hardener. West System epoxy and filler is good to have around as well. Sashco Big Stretch is the caulk you want to use as well. Use exterior or interior. That you can get at BLowes.

If you got questions on products or technique, hit me up!
There’s no big box stores within probably 60 miles of here…. So I’m stuck with what I get locally.

I used bondo for the fill…. I’m trying to get through another three years while I save for windows, then it’ll all get fully replaced anyway…. Plus I’m a stoner. I’ll do it the wrong way, happily :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep… used bondo. It was just a few areas in the bottom corners of four windows. I used two layers of bondo….. fiberglass impregnated to fill and first coat…sanded….second layer of regular bondo to smooth…. Sand… now priming, then caulk, then paint… :pass:

Literally the only thing I’ve ever found that works to help anxiety is meditation. It’s not so much about the sitting and holding still etc…. But it’s the calm slow breathing technique and the practice of identifying the thoughts that are making you anxious and moving them along. Once you get the hang of it, you can just utilize the breathing techniques, and noting the thoughts and getting rid of them…. And drop the silliness of sitting still :haha:

That’s what’s worked for me anyway. It doesn’t keep the anxiety away, per se… but rather gets rid of it within about a minute, once it arises.

Too late, but in the future, use Abatron instead of bondo. Abatron will move with the wood, bondo will is not flexible and will seperate from the wood with movement. Abatron is easy to sculpt with isopropyl too

It was just the only other funny “year one” gif I could find quick :shrug::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::tang:
1727796562351.gif

1727796577696.gif

1727796603209.gif

There’s no big box stores within probably 60 miles of here…. So I’m stuck with what I get locally.

I used bondo for the fill…. I’m trying to get through another three years while I save for windows, then it’ll all get fully replaced anyway…. Plus I’m a stoner. I’ll do it the wrong way, happily :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just for future reference, if you are repairing rot in the sashes:

Dig out rot, hit with a borate product to kill the fungus causing the rot, let dry

Hit with the abatron liquid hardener, when it gets tacky then putty, leave slightly proud (higher than the wood)

Come back next day and sand/prime/paint

Will last for years! and much easier to work with than bondo!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back