Random Day 113 update from the subtropics

They seem to be happy with their bigger shoes.
Not drying out as fast, which is good in this weather -- 36C daily highs.
PXL_20240713_023511375.jpg

From the side.
Near/left: Grail
Mid: two Grail x ThaiFricans; L'n'L Jones
Back/right: two Super Silver Sour Thai Neville
PXL_20240713_025008201.jpg

PXL_20240713_025015306.jpg

Left: Grail
Mid: two Grail x ThaiFrican; L'n'L Jones (in the front)
Right: two SSSTN

Not sure if I provided more detail on the genetics, for those interested.
These are all from OJD at Connoisseur Genetics.
I won them in comp by randomly guessing a number -- easy as that!
Almost all of these are from Neville Schoenmakers' own last breeding projects before he passed.
These were passed over to OJD and a number of other haze breeders.

The 'Grail' is a Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness (legendary Aussie strain with most likely Thai heritage).
The Grail is kind of F2, but with different NevHz and MM parents on both sides.

I had two females (more seeds yet to drop) and got a very sativa long pheno and a faster pheno.
The fast pheno received some pollen from a ThaiFrican to make the Grail x ThaiFrican seed plants here.

The ThaiFrican is Outback Haze 2 clone x (Nevil Haze 23 x Kariba Male).
The Kariba is a Zimbabwean strain (between South Africa and Malawi -- that's gotta be some sweet ganja!)
And the Outback Haze is itself ((Hempy's Thai x Nev Haze 21) x Nev Haze 36 rev), so also mostly Neville's Haze with extra Thai.

The Super Silver Sour Thai Neville's are:
Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (OJD used his own cup winning pheno),
crossed with a Thai Neville's Haze (just the Nev Hz x some well worked Thai).

The Lemon 'n' Lime Jones is Casey Jones (a mostly sativa with Thai hybrid) x the Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze again.

So most of these plants have a lot of Neville's Haze in them, various phenos, but all legendary genetics.
There is a lot of Thai in them too, from different sources.
Plus some Zimbabwe Kariba, the Casey Jones, and of course the Mullumbimby.

They vary from about 90+% sativa to about 60-70% in the Jones.

Update time it is

Me little Snow G
IMG_4027.JPG

Green Poison FV F1 .. totally different structure than the other two i grew 4 years ago
IMG_4028.JPG

24C x APK something been liking this plant.. the mint have kept the other plants from being eaten but not this one
IMG_4029.JPG

Was going to enter this one as well but had puter problems so the LSD25 is just along for da ride this year
IMG_4030.JPG

Dat be dat folks. Happy grows :d5:

@Shiva's Mistress
I think muh Lady doth proclaim a propensity toward the sativa side of cannabis! :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :pass:
At high school and university, we don't have 'sativa', 'indica' or 'hybrid'.
We just have weed grown by classmates, brothers and sisters, cousins, uncles, and friends.
It's all subtropical, latitudes about 28-35 or so.
It's fun, happy, silly, chill, mostly enjoyed with friends.
Then the Dutch strains started appearing.
If you're in the big cities, it sometimes appears depending on who you know.
And if you're a grower with connections, you may be able to source a cut or two.
It's fast, heavy (yield and effect), and quite different to what we traditionally have.
More chill and sitting around, rather than out playing and having fun.

When I got back into growing about 2016, I went with the fancy seeds.
All indica heavy hybrids, even if they say it's mostly sativa.
(Hybrid / indica) autos are okay here, but they are often bud rot magnets due to be being so dense.
(Hybrid / indica) photos are a challenge with our light cycles and weather patterns.

So it's back to long season sativas for me.
They suit the climate and light cycles, and suit what I like.

something been liking this plant..

That looks like earwig damage @Kyote ..my guess is hiding in the straw.

Old fashioned way to find out is stick an inverted plant pot on a cane...stick some straw in...the earwigs climb the cane and settle into the straw overnight.... :headbang:...

Worth a shot.........:pass:

Last edited:
BTW @Kyote .....you ever dry that mint and add it to a joint.......?........:pass:

Mint or lavender flowers are my two favourite additives....:headbang:..

Day 77 for the two photo plants. Doing what they do… as a reminder, pink is Citrus Milf and green is Apple Bottom. Both 3thirteen seeds.
IMG_3789.jpeg
IMG_3790.jpeg
IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3792.jpeg
IMG_3786.jpeg
IMG_3787.jpeg
IMG_3788.jpeg

That’s all for now…

BTW @Kyote .....you ever dry that mint and add it to a joint.......?........:pass:

Mint or lavender flowers are my two favourite additives....:headbang:..

Never tried the mint as an additive. I do use mullein from time to time over the years though. I will give the mint a try, and we have lavender as well so will try that too. :toke:

I've had problems with earwigs destroying seedlings in the past so that is a good possibility. Can't remember if i added some compost to that bag of soil. If i did, earwig possibility goes way up :eek1: Great compost but pretty buggy :sadcry:

Back