Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't end up with much ; / she wanted to be a bonsai not a tree. i guess 50-80 grams

20220728_132109.jpg

Is that how I was supposed to spray the diatomaceous earth.....View attachment 1494020View attachment 1494025

No, That is too wet. Diatomaceous earth works by cutting the bugs exoskeleton or soft body with sharp micro edges of fine grit. Water causes it to clump, lubricates the surface and will no longer stick to the bug and cause death.

I believe the photo I captured from his posts is unmistakably a White Mite. He said that there are many of them which also seems logical that they are White Mites. Surely even a single Thrip would have left visible signs of damage as voracious as they are. Whatever the case may be, Spinosad will kill them.

At the end of the day, he has an infestation that he needs to attend to immediately.. And learning from seasoned growers is the best way one can learn to deal with it... And AFN is definitely the right place to be for that....

:d5:

That is just the thing you do not want to kill soil/compost mites they are beneficial. I agree that the majority of the bugs he has presented to us appear to be a mite of some sort. The thing is we simply do not have enough information to accurately determine the variety yet. The picture I diagnosed is still a Thrip. Spider Mites do not like wet soil and we are seeing more of these in places other than on the plant? Like the wet underside of the covers. It is all academic now that he has sprayed.

These are beneficial worm bin mites. Looks identical to the pictures but so do hundreds/thousands of others?
Good Mites.
2022-07-29_23-09-28.jpg

Compost mites. Good Mites.
2022-07-29_23-10-37.jpg

The Borg. Two spotted Spider Mites :yoinks:

2022-07-29_23-16-38.jpg

Spider Mites mature very rapidly at 80°F so if we were dealing with these SOBs you should see some spots on some of them?

Also why she doesn't get worms .. As DE slices them to bits.

Plants love it not just for Silica, but also many many trace elements such as Magnesium, an Calcium to name a few..

Diatomaceous Earth is not a good source of any nutrients in our farming environment. The availability of any elements is done only over a very long time because it is not water soluble and depends on microbe activity to do the conversion. It is very slow. If you use it in your nutrient system I would not count it as an input.

If you do True Organic Soil that you reuse then It may have value over the long run yet other sources for the same elements are better.

Now it's time to say good night to all our company M-I-C See you real soon K-E-Y Why because we like you M-O-U-S-E.

:rofl: The things that pop into a stoner's mind when he has been straight for 4 days. I have not felt well all week So I have avoided getting high. It just seems to make it worse. I even did a home covid-19 test because my throat was a bit scratchy and I've been a bit more dizzy than usual - NEGATIVE thank goodness.

Good Morfnoevight All!:sleeping:

If you do True Organic Soil that you reuse then It may have value over the long run yet other sources for the same elements are better
And I do. In my current grow, all pots used including Root Beer Float. Are all 3 year old no till Happy Frog that I ammend for each grow. Diatomaceous Earth is part of the program.

I will humbly disagree that DE is not a good source of nutrients. DE has been studied, and it is becoming well know and accepted that DE has available Silica for almost immediate uptake for plants upon watering. In fact DE has an available 3% magnesium, 33% silicon, 19% calcium, 5% sodium, 2% iron, many other available trace minerals such as manganese, boron, and copper. It does work wonders organically as I seldom have needed supplements like CalMag to complete a grow cycle. I have read studies where DE has a significant effect on growth, and overall plant health regardless of cultivation methods. Studies of the like have found increased levels of magnesium, and calcium in foliage, per increased DE dosage, suggesting it's usable immediate availability.

I've used it for years, as it is part of what I was taught to use for successful gardening. I consider it the most important part of my amendments for micro nutrient supplementation. II'll never grow without it.

Lots of useful info in here thank you ALL :d5:

Been up all night trimming the APK girls ended up with 73g and 46g of frosty fruity buds can't wait to press some:pass: time to go take a nap:rofl::sleeping:

image.jpg
IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG

Happy caturday

Morning all, getting ready for our annual river float. Pirate themed this year. 4 miles as the crow flies. Takes about 7-8 hrs. Lots of adult beverages and a few smoke sessions along the way! Should be a great day for it. High of 77 and mostly sunny!

Morning all, getting ready for our annual river float. Pirate themed this year. 4 miles as the crow flies. Takes about 7-8 hrs. Lots of adult beverages and a few smoke sessions along the way! Should be a great day for it. High of 77 and mostly sunny!
Haven't been on one of those since I was a teen in Missouri on the current river...have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back