Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

First thing this morning, all the photo girls in Earth boxes got their reservoirs filled.
Today's breakfast drink for the girls was RO water with humic acid, A little bit of surfactant, 4 ounces of fermented insect frass and two ounces of fermented alfalfa.
CBD Skunk Haze In the 2X4 tent continues to rage upwards. I have about 6 or 7 more inches until I'm out of Room with the ratchets. I could gain about two more inches if I just zip tied the light mounts to the top center pole. This girl definitely needed more room or a shorter veg time.

@Antonio_DutchPassion
All the girls were flipped to 12/12 on the 22nd of last month and showed signs of flower five days later on the 27th. About how long does the stretch last on this particular girl? I definitely don't want to have to resort to supercropping but I may have to do that. At least I know the next run I'll either have to flip her earlier or only have one girl in an earth box inside that 2X4 tent.
The CBG girl that I screwed up on and put outside is doing quite well and it's making a comeback.
They should be about done stretching now mate, usually the most in done in week 1 and week 2, in week 3 the ladies are still stretching a bit but the bulk of it is done. Ofc dependent on the phenotype but they should come to a standstill in week 4, so I think right about now :cooldance:

Ladies looking healthy mate, lots of tops too, very promising! :toke:

They should be about done stretching now mate, usually the most in done in week 1 and week 2, in week 3 the ladies are still stretching a bit but the bulk of it is done. Ofc dependent on the phenotype but they should come to a standstill in week 4, so I think right about now :cooldance:

Ladies looking healthy mate, lots of tops too, very promising! :toke:
Thank you! I appreciate the info!

First check this morning reveals a problem with Asian Haze. The lightening up of some of her leaves is still continuing. To me it looks like pure lack of nitrogen. There are no spots on the leaves and the fade is uniform on the leaves.

I guess really the only product that I have that the nitrogen is readily available to the plant would be my fish amino acids from the FAA.
I'm really surprised by this. I have never had this issue yet. I have to go back and specifically look at the ingredients I gave with the second top dressing. Off the top of my head I cannot recall specifically if I used any Craft blend.
I think I need to jump on this as soon as possible and I think the best method for an earth box would be a wet slurry with the fish aminos being in the mix of compost and probably some worm castings.

I knew from the past growing of her and by her root intrusion into the initial nutrient mound, that she was a heavy feeder. I guess I just underestimated her.:face:

With as much feeder roots on the surface, hopefully she'll take up what she needs in a quick fashion .

IMG_20240711_064348498.jpg
IMG_20240711_064402293.jpg

First check this morning reveals a problem with Asian Haze. The lightening up of some of her leaves is still continuing. To me it looks like pure lack of nitrogen. There are no spots on the leaves and the fade is uniform on the leaves.

I guess really the only product that I have that the nitrogen is readily available to the plant would be my fish amino acids from the FAA.
I'm really surprised by this. I have never had this issue yet. I have to go back and specifically look at the ingredients I gave with the second top dressing. Off the top of my head I cannot recall specifically if I used any Craft blend.
I think I need to jump on this as soon as possible and I think the best method for an earth box would be a wet slurry with the fish aminos being in the mix of compost and probably some worm castings.

I knew from the past growing of her and by her root intrusion into the initial nutrient mound, that she was a heavy feeder. I guess I just underestimated her.:face:

With as much feeder roots on the surface, hopefully she'll take up what she needs in a quick fashion .

View attachment 1693423View attachment 1693424
Well, there seems to be a problem. I think it seems to be serious too. :face:

And I think my reservoirs on both girls In the 4x4 have flipped on me. It wasn't the last reservoir filling , per se . All four photo earth box juniors have the same concoction and the 2X4 tent looks fine and water usage is the same. The girls in the 4x4 have not drank their reservoir yet.
I don't understand why. The difference between the two tents was the spraying of the application of the sprayed on liquid nutrients on Monday afternoon. It was only a half gallon applied to each. I filled the reservoirs the next morning, Tuesday, and they drank that reservoir fine.
Everything was all gone and they were lightened when I refilled their reservoirs yesterday............................... At least I think they were lightened. The only thing that I can think of to cause this Was that I added the water too soon on Tuesday and there were some nutrients that had got washed into the reservoir that the girls hadn't sucked up. And I gave them yesterday was not of any out the order with the amount or ingredients, but it is a bacterial active concoction. Maybe there was still something in the reservoir for those bacteria to feed on.
That's the only thing that I can think of. Nothing else makes much sense. I guess first on the order is to drain the reservoirs And take samples to check the PH.
If the PH is elevated, then I know what caused it. The only thing to do is drain the reservoirs and let them dry out a bit and lighten up. Then just follow up with plain water and go from there.
I will report back my findings later on tonight.:shrug:

Well hell! I'm not sure what it is. There was a little bit left in the Asian haze reservoir and the PH was fine.
Maybe this is from the reservoir flipping on Tuesday??????????? :shrug:And I'm just now seeing the damage to the roots, however extensive it may be?
It's not simple lack of nitrogen. That would not affect the water uptake of both plants to the same degree. Normally, the way they have been drinking, If I filled the reservoir on one morning , the reservoir should be dry by the next morning 24 hours later and then later that day in the afternoon before lights out, they would be light enough to fill the reservoir to get a appropriate dry down.
Something has interfered with the uptake of the water From the wicking areas. Too bad I got rid of my really expensive snap on Remote camera. I could at least maybe see the condition of the roots at the wicking area.

Plan of attack as follows:
1. A super healthy dose of LITFA!:face::shrug::headbang::headbang::headbang:

2. Wait. Watch and observe.

3. When the EarthBox is light enough, fill the reservoir with plain water with a little bit of humic acid

4. Wait for the roots to recover.

I don't have any root enzymes to help clean up anything and I don't know if that would be the answer anyway.

Well I do have some enzymes. I just got off the phone with BAS and gave a quick little scenario and asked the question if the root wise enzymes would do a cleanup on the roots. He said they would do the trick.
So after they are light enough to fill the reservoir tomorrow, hopefully, I will add a minimal amount of the enzymes to only one of the girls and Asian haze will be that one.

Any input would be appreciated!

An evening check of the outdoor girl shows they are still on their nice progress route. Super Train Wreck is definitely flowering!

The auto tent brings a bit of positivity to the grow room with how pretty the buds are shaping up. Sour Stomper is frosting up. Mystery seed is fattening up . Pink Panama Is starting to stink . Man she is putting out a funk!
Mephisto's website describes Super unique coffee esque to fruit to plum Musk. Coffee, maybe. Musk, definitely, Plum, not yet at least.

Sour Stomper
IMG_20240711_163407535.jpg

Mystery seed
IMG_20240711_163424682.jpg

Every single plant I have needs watering at the moment. Although that's assuming that the outdoors need it also. Relatively close yesterday when I picked them up.
The two in the 4x4 tent are now where they should have been this time yesterday.
I'm pretty sure it was the reservoir turning with some nutrients in it that hurt the roots. But the underlying problem for me adding those liquid nutrients to the nutrient mound remains still remains the same. It seemed like Asian Haze had a light area, but it was limited. The problem with the reservoir only made it worse. Also running the CO2 and the girls at a higher light load, made them just that more sensitive to anything going wrong. I have backed off the VPD to reduce the load on the root system.

So since they are in need of a reservoir fill, I think I'm going to do the following. I think the guy at BAS made it reasonably valid point about using the Earth Blocks Junior. That is a lot of plant to essentially grow out of three gallons of media. Especially vegging them for as long as I did. Now the nutrient mound does make quite the difference. It does help the plant to grow bigger out of such a small container. And that kind of all brings me back to the way this run has done with the root intrusion into the nutrient mound. Is definitely exceeded anything so far, at least growing indoors. The Asian haze outdoors exhibited similar properties as far as the root intrusion goes.
I think my best bet is to make up another flower orientated top dressing slurry, but a little bit more with the nitrogen department. I think a reasonably generous dose of Craft Blend and a normal dose of bat guano. Lobster compost, Build a Bloom And a normal dose of my FPJ should round out everything and be good enough for the flower.
I think it needs to be a considerable sized top dressing. I really didn't think they would need a third top dressing. I think I can apply this and reasonably expect to not have to fill the reservoir until early next light cycle in the morning.
I need to do this to the girls in the 2X4 tent also but I don't think I can get it all done by lights off. And they are a bit too light to go to next morning. I'm sure the root intrusion is quite extensive in them also.

Even though the guy at BAS said it would do it, I'm real reluctant to put anything, like enzymes, in the reservoir currently. I think clean plain water will work for at least a couple of days.

Well wish me luck that's what I got I got to get behind the **** tent again also!
:face:That means I'll be a hurting unit later, but I have the medication to handle it.

Last edited:
Back