Equipment for new grow room

It's finally letting me post pics.. I have tons of room, but I'll make plans before I do anything, weather it's tents or a room
1000002225.jpg

I'd suggest thinking about ventilation, cooling, and (de)humidification upfront.

What's your grow experience and location / climate?

If you've grown before, you'll have a sense of those.

But if you're new(ish), then my next question would be:

Will you have an exterior exhaust for ventilation?

I'd suggest thinking about ventilation, cooling, and (de)humidification upfront.

What's your grow experience and location / climate?

If you've grown before, you'll have a sense of those.

But if you're new(ish), then my next question would be:

Will you have an exterior exhaust for ventilation?
I have ac, dehumidifier, fans and vents.. just want to build a room for more control, rn it's just in open basement. Temps run 71 -78 with trying to keep whole basement cool and dry.. humidity is around 50% but I have multiple stages of plants so I want to fine tune each for what they need

That's plenty of space for two "rooms" !

Least expensive would be 2x2 framing and 4'x8'x3/4" foil backed foam insulation panels for the walls, they are about $17 each here.

Light is next, 5' x 5' is a good size for four plants. I have mine on rolling castors, makes it easier for watering, training, etc.

Ideally you will need +30w/sq ft, = 780w but a Mars Hydro FC-E4800 would do nicely ! Independent test and review here .

I'm in the process of moving from HID to LED and this light has the best par values and light spread for the buck compared to my current 600w MH/HPS bulb.

FWIW, I grow in 5 gallon pails with GroBuckets, ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part.

I use light weight panels to create an up to 5'x5'x4' high enclosure inside a 10'x10'x8' high room.

Depending on the strains I harvest between two to three Pounds per grow, do you need TWO rooms ? :D

Cheers

That's plenty of space for two "rooms" !

Least expensive would be 2x2 framing and 4'x8'x3/4" foil backed foam insulation panels for the walls, they are about $17 each here.

Light is next, 5' x 5' is a good size for four plants. I have mine on rolling castors, makes it easier for watering, training, etc.

Ideally you will need +30w/sq ft, = 780w but a Mars Hydro FC-E4800 would do nicely ! Independent test and review here .

I'm in the process of moving from HID to LED and this light has the best par values and light spread for the buck compared to my current 600w MH/HPS bulb.

FWIW, I grow in 5 gallon pails with GroBuckets, ProMix HP and Mega Crop one part.

I use light weight panels to create an up to 5'x5'x4' high enclosure inside a 10'x10'x8' high room.

Depending on the strains I harvest between two to three Pounds per grow, do you need TWO rooms ? :D

Cheers
Yes I think I do bc I want to run multiple stages of growth so I'm not in trim jail too much at once!!! Lmao.. I'm a single father so I work my ass off last thing I want to do is turn this into a job, I absolutely love growing this plant.. my tri cross is about to finish in the next cpl wks I can wait!!
1000002349.jpg

I'm focusing on ventilation / air flow paths because it can have the biggest impact on later equipment needs and operating energy costs.

Just trying to avoid the 'build a great grow closet...then have to move in a dehumidifier...then an a/c unit to offset...then pay the bills for both of them in addition to lights'.

Not sure of your floorplan, but something like this with dampers would probably give you the most flexibility - if you happened to need it:

1722721186104.png

Back