Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

Looks like we definitely have some viable Asian haze seeds!:headbang::headbang::headbang::woohoo:

IMG_20241022_081022941.jpg

I'll do a microscope check on the 5gal pot girls in the 4x4 tent when I get back home from the VA today.
I suspect tomorrow I will chop the seeded girl in the 2X4 tent and hang her too dry. I do think the seeded girl in the 3x3 tent will need a few more days.

If the microscope check shows ripeness, I will probably take the top tier buds on the right hand front girl and the left hand back girl. I think I will just dry them With the four day. And then harvest the right hand rear girl and do the same. Any low tier buds will be Bagged and frozen.

More than likely the big girl will be just taken down in one stage and all her top tiers will be dried and cured with the full 8 day process. Anything over the 2 pound weight limit for the unit will be fresh froze.

Well one of the cats brought me a present this morning! I wish they would bring me more of these damn things!
IMG_20241021_130333598.jpg

Hi Bill, it’s me again…
When you water your Eartboxes, do you fill the rez, do the 5-10% thing or what?
Thank You!

Sorry man, I don't understand what you're asking.
Do you fill up your rez with the maximum amount of water or only partially fill? I see some people only put a 1/2 to 1 gallon (5-10% of soil) while others fill the reservoir until runoff through the overflow.

Looks like we definitely have some viable Asian haze seeds!:headbang::headbang::headbang::woohoo:

View attachment 1713836

I'll do a microscope check on the 5gal pot girls in the 4x4 tent when I get back home from the VA today.
I suspect tomorrow I will chop the seeded girl in the 2X4 tent and hang her too dry. I do think the seeded girl in the 3x3 tent will need a few more days.

If the microscope check shows ripeness, I will probably take the top tier buds on the right hand front girl and the left hand back girl. I think I will just dry them With the four day. And then harvest the right hand rear girl and do the same. Any low tier buds will be Bagged and frozen.

More than likely the big girl will be just taken down in one stage and all her top tiers will be dried and cured with the full 8 day process. Anything over the 2 pound weight limit for the unit will be fresh froze.

Well one of the cats brought me a present this morning! I wish they would bring me more of these damn things!
View attachment 1713835
Nice job with the seeds! That Asian Haze is some excellent smoke!

Do you fill up your rez with the maximum amount of water or only partially fill? I see some people only put a 1/2 to 1 gallon (5-10% of soil) while others fill the reservoir until runoff through the overflow.
Once the plant has established its rooting relationship with the wicking area, you fill the reservoir full.
That's where the Magic of Earthboxes come in. Your plant basically develops two root systems. You have the water roots at the wicking areas and they get clean nutrient free water that they can uptake without being forced to uptake nutrients. This gives the feeder roots the opportunity to find what they want in need throughout the media and your top dressing.
The only time I partially fill the reservoir is in the very beginning of the grow. With juniors, about a week after Sprout, I will add a solo Cup of plain water. That will wet the wicking areas and the plant's roots will seek that out . At 14 days, depending on the growth of the plant, I'll do half a gallon or less. Once the girl drinks that up and there is a slight dry down period. I fully fill the reservoir from that point on.

I think a dry down is necessary between reservoir fillings. When your girls are Heavy in veg and flower, they will be drinking that reservoir dry in about 24 hours or less. Usually 8 to 12 hours is an appropriate dry down. You should be able to tell when you need to fill the reservoir by picking the plant up or pick up a corner. Basically when you see the reservoir dry, that's a sign for you to check the weight of a pot to see if it needs filling.
Document when you fill the reservoir, so you will know if there are any problems that come up or at the end of the grow when the girl stops drinking as much. Any slowing of drinking when they are heavy into grow is a sign that you have problems that you need to find the solution.

I hope that clarifies some things for you!

Nice job with the seeds! That Asian Haze is some excellent smoke!
I think it's a very surprising smoke. It's not known for any really crazy high THC numbers, but it will definitely get you high as hell!
It definitely makes some delicious temple balls!

Once the plant has established its rooting relationship with the wicking area, you fill the reservoir full.
That's where the Magic of Earthboxes come in. Your plant basically develops two root systems. You have the water roots at the wicking areas and they get clean nutrient free water that they can uptake without being forced to uptake nutrients. This gives the feeder roots the opportunity to find what they want in need throughout the media and your top dressing.
The only time I partially fill the reservoir is in the very beginning of the grow. With juniors, about a week after Sprout, I will add a solo Cup of plain water. That will wet the wicking areas and the plant's roots will seek that out . At 14 days, depending on the growth of the plant, I'll do half a gallon or less. Once the girl drinks that up and there is a slight dry down period. I fully fill the reservoir from that point on.

I think a dry down is necessary between reservoir fillings. When your girls are Heavy in veg and flower, they will be drinking that reservoir dry in about 24 hours or less. Usually 8 to 12 hours is an appropriate dry down. You should be able to tell when you need to fill the reservoir by picking the plant up or pick up a corner. Basically when you see the reservoir dry, that's a sign for you to check the weight of a pot to see if it needs filling.
Document when you fill the reservoir, so you will know if there are any problems that come up or at the end of the grow when the girl stops drinking as much. Any slowing of drinking when they are heavy into grow is a sign that you have problems that you need to find the solution.

I hope that clarifies some things for you!
Thank you for all of that!
It’s definitely a learning curve. The BaS light drys out far faster than anything I’ve used before, as well. I just pulled a slow 5 day old seedling, but I don’t think it’s anything I did.

Thank you for all of that!
It’s definitely a learning curve. The BaS light drys out far faster than anything I’ve used before, as well. I just pulled a slow 5 day old seedling, but I don’t think it’s anything I did.
Soak these

In this

After the soak, kinda squish it together to mess the hole up and prevent the seed from falling down in the hole. I'll take my old dab tool that I don't use to have a hot knife now and pull material over the hole to make sure it's not going to drop down.
Just lay your seed down sideways and put material over the top and just lightly tap down to make the media contact with the seed.
Go ahead and get you a humidity dome. You get to the point where you'll use this more often. Plant all the seeds you're going to use for the run at one time in one place. Using this method, there's no more soaking the seed. They will have enough water for them to germinate properly. You can also use the pucks and the dome for when you start taking clones when you're growing photos. I've had a very high percentage of germination using this method. I I think this last run I had 100%. The one before, I think I had one failure.
This is the humidity dome that I have. It just makes germinating seeds and taking clones so much easier!

I highly suggest you get the Rootwise! I have trifecta of products. The two inoculates and the enzyme. I inoculate my media with the Rootwise before I pot up. When you use the pucks for either seed germination or cloning, you will see big old hairy roots come out and that is the Mycorrhizae acting with the root system and forming their symbiotic relationship.

You might be potting up the media a bit too dry. You want your media to clump up when you take it in your hand and squeeze it. When you squeeze it, there should be no water. Jeremy of BAS likes his just a tiny bit more moist. He likes his so that when you squeeze it really hard, all you see is a tiny drip. I'm just slightly under that.

If you still want to direct plant, pot it up with the correct moisture described above and then add a little water directly where you're going to plant your seed. This will prevent your seed dropping further down in your media when you cover it up and water it in. After you cover it up l lightly press down the media to make sure you have contact.

I hope this helps and rings a bell with what you're doing.

Back