Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

So, it’s a total of eight days….4 dry/4 cure. Personally, I harvest tops first, and leave lowers to mature another week or so….or you could freeze them….

I don’t weigh, so have no clue….

Some folks that are tight on time dry for four days, store in groves, dry another for four days, and so on…..then store in the unit once everything is dry…(in paper lunch sacks)….so that’s another option.

Here’s a tip…. Ignore the instructions about hanging the drip tray on the most annoying hangers ever…. And just set it on the shelf…. Much easier…..or fashion a longer hose and get a bottle…. Let me know if you have questions….congrats on the new unit :d5: :pass:
I appreciate the info and I will look further into the drip tray when I get it.
Yeah, I had thought about doing a 4 day dry and then storing that and starting another cycle. That option is always there.

Yeah, I'm like you. I don't weigh my stuff. The only time I weigh stuff is when someone wants to buy some and I also just weigh it when I give it out. Just for scientific sake, I will weigh the before and after to get some figures.

I hot glue window screen on top of the media separator to keep more of the media out of the water. You might want to try that on the next run. It's not super important though I don't think.

Just keep an eye on your top moisture level. I definitely think you will have a little bit of a problem for it to wick all the way up to the top with the depth that these pots have . Use one of those handheld small sprayers that spray a fine mist and just moisten the top when needed. Above all do not wash any nutrients into the reservoir.
I’ve followed a couple of people who used these & they claim the water made it to the top. They were running peat soils, not compost based, though. One gentleman runs autos & all of his plants were massive. That’s the only reason I took the risk with these.
If they work out, I’ll be adding a tubular sight glass for the rez & a plug or small spigot at the bottom.
🤞

Last edited:
I’ve followed a couple of people who used these & they claim the water made it to the top. They were running peat soils, not compost based, though. One gentleman runs autos & all of his plants were massive. That’s the only reason I took the risk with these.
If they work out, I’ll be adding a tubular sight glass for the rez & a plug or small spigot at the bottom.
🤞
Realistically a sight glass is not needed at all. When they're raging real hard you're going to get 24 hours to 36 hours before you need to refill................. With a short dry down period once you see it's dry in the rez. You definitely need a slight dry down period. Just like with conventional pots, you want to use memory weight to determine when you're going to add water again.
Now a bulkhead fitting with a drain plug could be helpful at times.

Realistically a sight glass is not needed at all. When they're raging real hard you're going to get 24 hours to 36 hours before you need to refill................. With a short dry down period once you see it's dry in the rez. You definitely need a slight dry down period. Just like with conventional pots, you want to use memory weight to determine when you're going to add water again.
Now a bulkhead fitting with a drain plug could be helpful at times.
I’m not a fan of the hole in the side. The weep hole, tube, & spigot will all be integral. I have some parts from our lab I’ve been playing with.

With the Cannatrol delivered, I thought the best to do a trichome check.
There are ambers on all the girls, but in the areas you expect to mature early.
I really think all the girls are at the same level of maturity of the bud. There's quite a bit of opaque but still a sizable amount of clears.
The 5 gallon pot girls
2024-10-18-152840450.jpg
2024-10-18-152944974.jpg
2024-10-18-153004790.jpg

And the big girl
2024-10-18-153041576.jpg
2024-10-18-153123699.jpg

I really don't care for this scopes' depth of field. It seems to be extremely narrow! On the phone it does look better than the older microscope and the color seems to be a bit more true. But this depth of field is a bit ridiculous. It's much more narrow than the older one was.
This seems to work well though. I can get the job done. I guess I need to check in a few more days! That's good because I'm gonna read up on the directions of this Cannatrol.

A morning check shows that the girls need watering. I imagine this will be the last watering for some of the Girls.

They are still gonna get fed and with it being so close to chop, it's probably gonna be something readily available like my FFFFFermented Fruit Juice**** and just a little bit of recharge. Witches brew is already in the make!
I might as well pull the front I've got a pot girl out and see if I can get better trichome pictures with the stand that I have for the microscope.

On the subject of UVA in this grow: The first round of girls in the 4x4 did not get any UVA. With all the girls being Asian haze in the second half of the grow, I started using the UVA a week after beginning of flower. I've had it set at two hours mid light cycle.

Unlike the prior usages of UVA with longer exposure periods, I really have not noticed a visible change in the leaves of the girls, such as thickening and purpling. Asian haze is not really noted for piling on the trichomes, but she's respectable. I think she's more than just her THC content by what people tell me and then my own conclusion. that being said, I can honestly say that I have seen a slight bit increase in Trichome production....... a bit of piling on on mainly the top buds. Now who is to say that is because of the UVA or because of me kind of force-feeding these girls in these small pots.
We'll soon be able to see whether Asian Haze comes out better this time, which is without a doubt that it will occur just because of the Cannatrol will be in use. I'll send out samples to those that have the first round of Asian haze and let them compare.

Fermented Fruit Juice**** For some stupid reason either the browser or the forum Deletes the two F's in FFJ. :face: :haha: :haha:

FFJ and F F J

edit................ You can see if I put a space between them it doesn't eliminate the F's:gassy::rolleyes1::wall:

Last edited:
All the girls in the 4x4 tent got a quite thorough watering with the witches brew. the seeded girls and the one remaining flower girl in the 2X4 tent got a good watering, but just not quite as thorough as ones producing flower in the 4x4 tent.

I don't know where I put the microscope stand. If it was a snake it probably would have bit me today! :haha: :haha: :haha:

I think a bit of Flash is appropriate!!!!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:
IMG_20241020_170843302.jpg
IMG_20241020_170905752.jpg
IMG_20241020_170915031.jpg
IMG_20241020_170927883.jpg
IMG_20241020_170934063.jpg
IMG_20241020_170941591.jpg
IMG_20241020_170948262.jpg
IMG_20241020_170955265.jpg
IMG_20241020_171011866.jpg

Let's get a little close up on some buds! This is bud from the 5 gallon girls:eyebrows::eyebrows:

IMG_20241020_171315815.jpg
IMG_20241020_171318064.jpg
IMG_20241020_171320174.jpg

Bill, do you feed your non seeded girls right up to the day of chop? I grow organically as well and have always went to plain water 14 days from chop if they are not excessively fading.
I presently have a Mango Smile that I’m trying to limp to the finish line and feel like I should keep feeding her but not sure if it will affect the finished flower in taste or smell?
My gut says it won’t, what say you?

Bill, do you feed your non seeded girls right up to the day of chop? I grow organically as well and have always went to plain water 14 days from chop if they are not excessively fading.
I presently have a Mango Smile that I’m trying to limp to the finish line and feel like I should keep feeding her but not sure if it will affect the finished flower in taste or smell?
My gut says it won’t, what say you?
No need for flushing in organics! Feed right up until chop. Now that is with readily available nutrient Inputs.

Those nutrients won't be going to waste. They will still be in your media when you reuse it again.

About the only thing that I would top dress with say in the last week, would be some quality earthworm castings. And I would water them in with some other readily available input.

Back