Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but explain what you want to achieve and how you want to do it, please.

Have been eyeballing GroTech Grow buckets. Typical sub irrigated planter thing. Have never used a sip, but it seems like the basic principle of an auto pot without the external reservoir. Auto pots have an air dome powered by an air pump in the reservoir to provide more oxygen. Supposedly works very well. Just baked and have the "what if" thing goin on and wondering if it would work. Never having used either, figured I would ask since you have sip experience.
Here's a link to those buckets;

Had to edit:https://grotechgarden.com/grobucket-2/

Pulled a couple girls out to get update pics and try to get trich pics of 3 Bears OG X Double Grape
I think she's pretty close......a few days.
2022_07_25_21_36_18_655.jpg
2022_07_25_21_36_51_978.jpg
2022_07_25_21_37_00_481.jpg
2022_07_25_21_37_14_226.jpg

Alien Vs Triangle is piling on and REALLY bulking up with hard frosty.
She's not huge, but is gonna be a producer.
She's at least 10-14 day away. Lot more bud in that much time.
I never turned up the time on my UV. It's been 15min at mid-cycle. No adverse effects, other than maybe a tiny bit of new growth on 3 Bears OG X Double Grape buds.
2022_07_25_21_37_42_502.jpg
2022_07_25_21_37_53_714.jpg

Have been eyeballing GroTech Grow buckets. Typical sub irrigated planter thing. Have never used a sip, but it seems like the basic principle of an auto pot without the external reservoir. Auto pots have an air dome powered by an air pump in the reservoir to provide more oxygen. Supposedly works very well. Just baked and have the "what if" thing goin on and wondering if it would work. Never having used either, figured I would ask since you have sip experience.

Was thinking maybe some hydroton or perlite in the bottom of the bucket and drilling a hole above the drain hole and running an air tube to the reservoir thing. If that makes sense?
Sorry, but pretty baked and don't type too well to begin with!

The few threads I've read about using the air dome in the autpots haven't really shown improvement over autopots without....but they are usually following autopot instructions to cover the bottoem and dome with hydroton posiibly setting up a wicking problem or they used the hydroton without a very good rinsing.....if your thinking about having it in the res part of a sip in the liquid it should be ok to try....

I wouldn't want to rely on an air supply to support the biological activity in the rez that will develop in the sip.A massive microbe die off can flip the pH quickly and kill your plant.

Others may have differing opinions.

Ha! Have spent too many hours to count crammed into a van tryin to sleep crammed in between a bass drum and guitar cases...worth every minute of it though...well most! I'm in Va, but have spent a lot of time in Asheville. Cool town and a good venue there called The Orange Peel. What kind of tunes did(do) you play?
Bluegrass/Jamgrass, Country/rock kinda stuff. Have sat in and played with some funk and EDM groups too. What do you play?

I wouldn't want to rely on an air supply to support the biological activity in the rez that will develop in the sip.A massive microbe die off can flip the pH quickly and kill your plant.

Others may have differing opinions.

I think the pump is supposed to super charge things with more oxygen. It isn't the only source of oxygen as it has a fill tube like the earth boxes. But what the hell do I know! That why I ask. Stoner ideas!!!

:dizzy::kitty::face: Thanks again!!!

Bluegrass/Jamgrass, Country/rock kinda stuff. Have sat in and played with some funk and EDM groups too. What do you play?

Nice man! Did a little alt country for awhile. A band called Cropduster in the late 90s. I mostly play amped up garage rock/punk( kinda MC5 or FUZZ), desert/riff rock, and jammy space rock.

Floydfest was this weekend and not too far from where I am. Bluegrass central! Couldn't make it this time, but have attended many times in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back