New Grower Mephisto Genetics PC microgrow

very nice, our container is probably about 8 inches tall so not very tall, so the 1 foot theory does hold true.

The point i was trying to make is if a 1foot deep hole(6 feet across though!) can make a plant 8 feet in height with a 30 foot+ circumference, then i believe a mini bonsai plant might be able to go far more shallow, and still have a plenty expansive root base to produce solid flower
Of course this is all theoretical. Maybe i'll try a 4" depth wide container next round and see what happens!

It depends on how you have your set up done. theres some that do it right and some do it wrong. you just have to water them every day and they are good. not too difficult but its easier in a bigger pot because of a bigger bufferspace
i quite fancy doing a 2L dwc at some point. itll have to wait till a time im not on a monster quest though cos the res will be even more hassle than my main one. : (

I would say it can be done for sure....all i know is the plant below had a root base that only went down into the ground 1foot deep or less. All roots diverted under the surface through the top foot in the loose dirt.
View attachment 830263

The ony thing i would worry about in an indoor grow with a shallow wide rootbase, is that the medium isnt too light, as i would assume it would dry out fairly quickly with so much exposed surface area.
yeah i think your right mate. probably would dry out pretty rapid. be dangerous to miss a day. sounds a good enough reason not to for me anyway lol

The point i was trying to make is if a 1foot deep hole(6 feet across though!) can make a plant 8 feet in height with a 30 foot+ circumference, then i believe a mini bonsai plant might be able to go far more shallow, and still have a plenty expansive root base to produce solid flower
Of course this is all theoretical. Maybe i'll try a 4" depth wide container next round and see what happens!
We might try it too, but the fact that we can place it on it's side is very nice. Means we have more room since it grew straight up. Now for some buds to form.
:pass:
i quite fancy doing a 2L dwc at some point. itll have to wait till a time im not on a monster quest though cos the res will be even more hassle than my main one. : (
Wonder what results you will achieve. You might have a fun grow on your hands. :smoking:

yeah i think your right mate. probably would dry out pretty rapid. be dangerous to miss a day. sounds a good enough reason not to for me anyway lol
:crying:

Even with proxmix BX in 7X7X9.5" pots i cannot miss a day. In order to make it work i bet you would have to add some water retention like vermiculite

I am actually about to start my own PC grow and have been looking for a rectangular shallower pot to no avail.. Some window planters actually look good like the one i attached, just about trying to find one in the right size, I am going to head to a shop to see if they have any small ones that would fit..

Think that would be good?

planter.jpg

I am actually about to start my own PC grow and have been looking for a rectangular shallower pot to no avail.. Some window planters actually look good like the one i attached, just about trying to find one in the right size, I am going to head to a shop to see if they have any small ones that would fit..

Think that would be good?

View attachment 830349

Thats sort of the container i was thinking about.

Glad to see the discussion in our thread, it's nice to see! We will get more photos in a few minutes (which will be day 39). She is loving growing with her pot on the side

Back