Mephisto Genetics Sour crack dwc - Harvest Day 50 56g dry

Cutting back twelve inches or so along with a few select side branches would give needed room ..... If you chop entire plant, it’s done deal ......

Partial chop you can always do full chop if not happy after a few days but I think you’ll see new growth and swelling.

Cutting back twelve inches or so along with a few select side branches would give needed room ..... If you chop entire plant, it’s done deal ......

Partial chop you can always do full chop if not happy after a few days but I think you’ll see new growth and swelling.
Out of partial laziness and partially waiting a bit I'm not chopping quite yet to give it that day or two then I'll do the partial chop of those top buds that are done. I do, however, see ripening from pulling those leaves back for more penetration of light so i made the right choice there :)
Thanks for the input and suggestion!

Was kinda my thought progressive harvest the top bits let the other parts get a bit more bud to them. I might do that gotta decide though if I wanna do that or spread my plants out kore as I have some others shoved in there that in sure if they get more light would make up for that weight loss

Nice work and a really fast dwc ... amazing! I would chop her, as well. IMHO the best moment to finish a plant is when trichs of the top buds are cloudy. I know there are a lot of growers around aiming for THE yield but often they sacrifice quality in order to obtain a bigger yield. Sometimes, on tall and/or very „dense“ plants, it can be an option to make an partial harvest to provide more light to the lowers and let them ripen a bit more but as soon as amber trichs are shown, quality starts to decrease constantly.

Good luck, have fun and happy growing! :toke:

Stick a fork in her, shes done completely through. That last hair cut got her going and she plumped up a bit more over night shot out brown pistils and has cloudy trichs everywhere. Major accomplishment in my eyes. 50 days flat

Good job. The leaves look pretty dark green still and I personally would have flushed for a few days. If the effects work well, that is most important. You won't yield much more by taking it 4-6 more days, but I prefer a little fade in my leaves. A partial harvest might be a good idea, to compare effects. If you are expecting DWC to make Sour Cracks yield massively, it won't happen. You did an amazing job. But that strain is so Fast that it physically doesn't have the time to get huge. Not saying you can't yield well and have nice dense and potent buds. But it is one strain that has its limitations due to speed of growth and genes. This is not a bad thing. Actually exactly why I love this strains so much myself! Fast, potent, and predictable. Some strains will get a lot bigger in DWC. Like 3BOG. Now you know about the max size and speed Sour Cracks Do. You won't get much faster or bigger in that amount of time. Good job! Enjoy your harvest. Let me know how it goes. Peace, slow

Good job. The leaves look pretty dark green still and I personally would have flushed for a few days. If the effects work well, that is most important. You won't yield much more by taking it 4-6 more days, but I prefer a little fade in my leaves. A partial harvest might be a good idea, to compare effects. If you are expecting DWC to make Sour Cracks yield massively, it won't happen. You did an amazing job. But that strain is so Fast that it physically doesn't have the time to get huge. Not saying you can't yield well and have nice dense and potent buds. But it is one strain that has its limitations due to speed of growth and genes. This is not a bad thing. Actually exactly why I love this strains so much myself! Fast, potent, and predictable. Some strains will get a lot bigger in DWC. Like 3BOG. Now you know about the max size and speed Sour Cracks Do. You won't get much faster or bigger in that amount of time. Good job! Enjoy your harvest. Let me know how it goes. Peace, slow
Thanks, I ended up chopping it all because I had the time and the hubby was feeling good enough to help so I took the help when i could :d5: I love the strain. I have another one in soil done tomorrow. And one that's going a bit longer. I put a sour crinkle in the dwc pit because I'm just going for it. Worse case scenario if I move before the plants done I will empty the bucket, put the plant in a trash bag bucket and all, drive it and carry it in and see if it lives. If not itll be harvested early. I should have 70 days so I planted a sour crinkle already. I'll journal that later today but for kow I'm uploading more pics

Heres a couple shots, I forget the wet weight exactly but it's a bit over 200 grams. Gonna dry nicely. Cant beat that speed. Dunno if you could claim that with any other plant in the world. Who wants to beat my record?
9QcuRvw.jpg

of3FKpR.jpg

8tztW4a.jpg

I love that strain and have grown it out in soil many times. I've always been curious to see how big it would get in DWC. Thats gotta be a record for total days from start to finish too! You really rocked this grow, congrats!

Back