Mephisto Genetics Sour Crack DWC (September-October 2019 Edition)

I do need to note, currently sour crack is at F8 and this run is with F8 sour crack. F8 release may be also another reason these big plants are coming up, but you guys are smashing it all the way! Way better than I'll do by a long shot! Congrats guys!

Thanks, it's a great strain and does well and is a quick 60 day turn around when you push it and dont worry about some crispy leaves it's even better

Nah, it's just information I've gathered, it shows how you can always take your 100%cloudy harvest and add some amber by just letting a jar sit in the sun for a week instead of getting the whole thing ruined. Plus you dont have to sacrifice the terpines which are also at their height when the trichomes are at their fullest. Plus when you pick a rose, you want it in full bloom, not when its wilted. Receding pistils are basically wilting flowers left on the plant too long when you think about it...

Thanks, I was just doing what I needed to for grows. Now mephisto usa store is out if sour crack, so I got only a few seeds left so I'll have to self a plant I guess. And plus, if i can get the same harvest weight in the same period of time but have more plants that take less total nutrients and overall cost less, then why not... plus more sugar trim to play with. Win win win in my book :)
Its gonna be a sour holiday season for a lot of us I see
Better believe it!!! Also,dont ask me how but ive ordered seeds that aren't in the US store from Mephisto... I don't go to the U.S. store,i go to seeds and then you cee everything that they have... Worked for me... Reading this post is going to make me chop all my plants with amber pistils!!! That means they're past the sweet spot???

She inspired me too!!! She was growing them back to back to back FAST!!! Im gonna drop the last 3 that I have asap!!!

Another 7 should hit my post box tomorrow :) Love the Sour Crack. Never smoked it yet, getting excited.

They do say the most thc is at its peak between the 50% clear 50% cloudy up till u close to 100% cloudy once it ambers out tic degrades into cbn ( can't recall 100% if that's not rite) which gives u the sleepy hungry couch feeling. Terps can be very difficult to keep even whilst growing u loose them which is why it has a smell and the higher the temp the more get lost only difference is one u can fix cause well it's alive and the other can end up great or terrible no matter how well grown the dry and cure makes or breaks a harvest
All very good points! And all true, I like 100% cloudy and I can attest to 50:50 clear:cloudy being an amazing and great smoke. You are right on amber being cbn, I posted that above in one of my posts along with the pathway for the plants synthesis of thc and then oxidation of thc to cbn. And 100% on the money with everything. Temps are always so much a factor! I've noticed drastic yield differences when temps are in 70' or 80's vs when I had to let it in the 90's for a few months when growing my first sour crack in 50 days. I imagine this one will be much bigger!
Better believe it!!! Also,dont ask me how but ive ordered seeds that aren't in the US store from Mephisto... I don't go to the U.S. store,i go to seeds and then you cee everything that they have... Worked for me... Reading this post is going to make me chop all my plants with amber pistils!!! That means they're past the sweet spot???
Well you get to this interesting point too. Theres so much that happens in the life from what I understand, which compared to s lot on here is little, but when the trichomes are clambering up and the pistils are receding, it's time to chop. I feel everyone waits too long. But I'm of a different school of thought than most. I look at it from a purely scientific point of view and from the point of view as what the people who win cups and have the beautiful buds you get as top shelf medical in states where medical is rare and well prepared. In my state the low grade shit is all ambered up and has thc of like 12 to 14 percent thc. Then the same exact strain from the same grower different lot that's got like 25 to 27 percent will have all cloudy trichs. So I would believe what I have seen in real life from tests of professional flower companies. So I say the trichs are the biggest factor but I dont wanna be your only resource on this one. However, that's how I shop all my plants and I do well. Usually the pistils are mostly retreated by time the trichs are cloudy though.
Except sativa. They can have white pistils and have cloudy trichomes. Or have clear trichomes and retreated pistils. And the trichs will never turn.
Then theres ducksfoot which can amber up while still growing new bud. Problem is you're gonna degrade all your bud. I had one that went 90 some days and it could have gone longer but the trichs said it was done, pistols were all still white
Another 7 should hit my post box tomorrow :) Love the Sour Crack. Never smoked it yet, getting excited.
Awesome, sour crack is amazing, shes a very skunky and sour strain. Take a skunk, mix in some gym socks and more funky flavors and you got sour crack.

All very good points! And all true, I like 100% cloudy and I can attest to 50:50 clear:cloudy being an amazing and great smoke. You are right on amber being cbn, I posted that above in one of my posts along with the pathway for the plants synthesis of thc and then oxidation of thc to cbn. And 100% on the money with everything. Temps are always so much a factor! I've noticed drastic yield differences when temps are in 70' or 80's vs when I had to let it in the 90's for a few months when growing my first sour crack in 50 days. I imagine this one will be much bigger!

Well you get to this interesting point too. Theres so much that happens in the life from what I understand, which compared to s lot on here is little, but when the trichomes are clambering up and the pistils are receding, it's time to chop. I feel everyone waits too long. But I'm of a different school of thought than most. I look at it from a purely scientific point of view and from the point of view as what the people who win cups and have the beautiful buds you get as top shelf medical in states where medical is rare and well prepared. In my state the low grade shit is all ambered up and has thc of like 12 to 14 percent thc. Then the same exact strain from the same grower different lot that's got like 25 to 27 percent will have all cloudy trichs. So I would believe what I have seen in real life from tests of professional flower companies. So I say the trichs are the biggest factor but I dont wanna be your only resource on this one. However, that's how I shop all my plants and I do well. Usually the pistils are mostly retreated by time the trichs are cloudy though.
Except sativa. They can have white pistils and have cloudy trichomes. Or have clear trichomes and retreated pistils. And the trichs will never turn.
Then theres ducksfoot which can amber up while still growing new bud. Problem is you're gonna degrade all your bud. I had one that went 90 some days and it could have gone longer but the trichs said it was done, pistols were all still white

Awesome, sour crack is amazing, shes a very skunky and sour strain. Take a skunk, mix in some gym socks and more funky flavors and you got sour crack.

Yes an amazing smell. You are right of course :). I now see where Sour Livers gets her heritage from. Sweaty gym socks -> rotting meat smells!

Yes an amazing smell. You are right of course :). I now see where Sour Livers gets her heritage from. Sweaty gym socks -> rotting meat smells!
Damn I have sour livers and bubbly livers!!!

Ok... So what would you say about this one??? 2 days from 100 from seed... It's a WW AUTO... It's my first time EVER even seeing one grown so I don't know what its supposed to look like as far as pistils cause from what I've read the pistils stay white even when its ready but I see some amber in some spots on buds... Like this one... I don't mean to take up your thread like this,but you're the only one that explains what I need to know in a way that makes sense to me... This is an awesome plant right here!!! Started outside and then brought it in,changed pots 2 or 3 times underfed it and here it is!!!
1567973798736733681261231903720.jpg
15679734613786782166689820353309.jpg
15679729239702362185447876881245.jpg
15679730035211820164314151469573.jpg
15679730354294184892257596866535.jpg
15679730770084185349097626608149.jpg

Let me get back to you guys a bit later on. I'm not ignoring you, just a bit busy rmfor a few hours . Sorry iits gonna take me a bit here

Ok... So what would you say about this one??? 2 days from 100 from seed... It's a WW AUTO... It's my first time EVER even seeing one grown so I don't know what its supposed to look like as far as pistils cause from what I've read the pistils stay white even when its ready but I see some amber in some spots on buds... Like this one... I don't mean to take up your thread like this,but you're the only one that explains what I need to know in a way that makes sense to me... This is an awesome plant right here!!! Started outside and then brought it in,changed pots 2 or 3 times underfed it and here it is!!!View attachment 1101019 View attachment 1101018 View attachment 1101012 View attachment 1101013 View attachment 1101014 View attachment 1101015

Looks like time to go to me Sir! 3 - 4 weeks if I were to guess.

Back