Mephisto Genetics Sour Crack DWC (September-October 2019 Edition)

Ok... So what would you say about this one??? 2 days from 100 from seed... It's a WW AUTO... It's my first time EVER even seeing one grown so I don't know what its supposed to look like as far as pistils cause from what I've read the pistils stay white even when its ready but I see some amber in some spots on buds... Like this one... I don't mean to take up your thread like this,but you're the only one that explains what I need to know in a way that makes sense to me... This is an awesome plant right here!!! Started outside and then brought it in,changed pots 2 or 3 times underfed it and here it is!!!View attachment 1101019 View attachment 1101018 View attachment 1101012 View attachment 1101013 View attachment 1101014 View attachment 1101015
As @jumper114 said, the trichomes tell the tale, but it dosent look quite done. But I'd have to see the trichomes. If they are clear then not done but the flowers look not quite done probably from having been reported. I would need to see some photos of the trichomes. What breeder is it? And dont worry about asking questions, it helps everyone learn more. Anyone who tells you not to ask a question is an idiot for not wanting to help. My Threads are for gaining knowledge. As long as you're not being mean and telling people something that hurts feelings then as long as its informative no worries :) that's why we all are here.
But it looks like your plant has time but I'd need to see the breeders info too on the strain...

Also a good indication is watching for the calaxs to swell if there small and not plump you have time if no loop but a 100x mag scope is best I use a digital 50x-600x USB powered scope for mine.

Anyone who tells you not to ask a question is an idiot for not wanting to help. My Threads are for gaining knowledge. As long as you're not being mean and telling people something that hurts feelings then as long as its informative no worries :) that's why we all are here.

well said, well said :thumbsup: ppp

@MissUniverse I'll be interested to see what you can pull from this one, I'm sure it'll turn out well. It's such a stable strain at this point, and in capable hands! I love to see small strains like Sour Crack run in DWC. Plants just grow so much bigger in hydro than soil. It's like a Hulk-juice steroid regimen. It's fun to see the mega difference when they basically maximize their potential. I've run it in organic soil a handful of times and have consistently gotten about an ounce a plant of pretty much 100% good nugs. Little to no larf. Didn't matter if it was in a 1-gallon pot or a 3-gallon pot or how much light it got. I've seen a couple folks on here who've gotten way way more in hydro though. What's the most you've yielded from one of these before?

Yes an amazing smell. You are right of course :). I now see where Sour Livers gets her heritage from. Sweaty gym socks -> rotting meat smells!
Sour livers has the liverw in it which mephisto says is called "prison weed" in the uk by some because it's so damned strong smelling it can be smelled blocks away and send you to jail. Not sure how true they are on that or if its hype, but the mixture with sour crack I'm sure is what gives it that extra funk. I havent grown sour livers yet though. BUT I do have the seeds in my inventory.
Also a good indication is watching for the calaxs to swell if there small and not plump you have time if no loop but a 100x mag scope is best I use a digital 50x-600x USB powered scope for mine.
I use 60x to do my checks I find it works just fine when you have the eye for it. If you have bad vision, or are new. You DEFINITELY need that 100x. Or for easier use the 100x is better. BUT I do have a USB microscope too and I love that thing for looking at my hash and kief . Good stuff.
@MissUniverse I'll be interested to see what you can pull from this one, I'm sure it'll turn out well. It's such a stable strain at this point, and in capable hands! I love to see small strains like Sour Crack run in DWC. Plants just grow so much bigger in hydro than soil. It's like a Hulk-juice steroid regimen. It's fun to see the mega difference when they basically maximize their potential. I've run it in organic soil a handful of times and have consistently gotten about an ounce a plant of pretty much 100% good nugs. Little to no larf. Didn't matter if it was in a 1-gallon pot or a 3-gallon pot or how much light it got. I've seen a couple folks on here who've gotten way way more in hydro though. What's the most you've yielded from one of these before?
I am excited to see what happens this time. Last time was 56g in 50 days in dwc but I hipe this one is gonna be a bit bigger and more yield. Mine tend to get tucked so they turn into bushes instead of trees. It's just much easier to grow a bunch of shorter even colas Bush. I got rock hard nugs I never got nugs that hard before or since. Literally 1 gram was the size of a small marble.. and I over dried it too

As @jumper114 said, the trichomes tell the tale, but it dosent look quite done. But I'd have to see the trichomes. If they are clear then not done but the flowers look not quite done probably from having been reported. I would need to see some photos of the trichomes. What breeder is it? And dont worry about asking questions, it helps everyone learn more. Anyone who tells you not to ask a question is an idiot for not wanting to help. My Threads are for gaining knowledge. As long as you're not being mean and telling people something that hurts feelings then as long as its informative no worries :) that's why we all are here.
But it looks like your plant has time but I'd need to see the breeders info too on the strain...
It's a tester from a friend of mine who's been making auto seeds... I have WW,AK47,OG KUSH... He won't tell me what he crossed the WW with or any of them for that matter... DAMN,another month??? Sheeeesh!!!

Yeah I reckon. The trichs tell the tale... that's is the only correct answer!

White pistils down the sides is what makes me think so.

You should be happy!! If I am right, more swelling!
Yeah but its white widow and the pistils stay white even when its ready the reports that I've read says...

It's a tester from a friend of mine who's been making auto seeds... I have WW,AK47,OG KUSH... He won't tell me what he crossed the WW with or any of them for that matter... DAMN,another month??? Sheeeesh!!!
If that's the case, then try snipping a small bud off and dry it quickly over night then test ir. If you like it you're good. Only reason I say is you see how everything had a bit odd a fluffy look to it, that says either the grow had problems or its got time. I was up for a while last night thinking about that ww. Have your asked your friend his opinion? I wish I could see it up close. I've had ones that just look like that when trimmed. I'm backlo and forth on my feelings on that plant on harvest time. So ywah take a bur and quick dry some.

How I quick dry is place a small bud on top of the fan intake on my led where it wont hurt the intake but itll allow the warm air to suck in just enough to dry it within 12 hours but not enough to burn it or degrade it. Watch out though itll be dry as a bone if you let it go too long. Too short and itll be wet and gross

Last edited:
If that's the case, then try snipping a small bud off and dry it quickly over night then test ir. If you like it you're good. Only reason I say is you see how everything had a bit odd a fluffy look to it, that says either the grow had problems or its got time. I was up for a while last night thinking about that ww. Have your asked your friend his opinion? I wish I could see it up close. I've had ones that just look like that when trimmed. I'm backlo and forth on my feelings on that plant on harvest time. So ywah take a bur and quick dry some.

How I quick dry is place a small bud on top of the fan intake on my led where it wont hurt the intake but itll allow the warm air to suck in just enough to dry it within 12 hours but not enough to burn it or degrade it. Watch out though itll be dry as a bone if you let it go too long. Too short and itll be wet and gross
I thought that I was the only one that dried weed like that!!! That plant should be at least 6 ft tall by now!!! I put that plant through HELL AND BACK!!!

Day 7, root showed yesterday.
9yqYDWC.jpg

Roots
4EuNHs0.jpg

Back