Indoor Sour Livers - Mephisto Genetics

Six weeks from seed, my 300w Mars Hydro LED light packed up while trying to replace 10 burned out LED's, the parts were sent free but I failed to solder them in successfully. Afterwards only half those replaced worked then half the panel just stopped working, and an hour later so did the other half. Not that easy to fix and I'm pretty good at soldering. So, these Sour Livers have had virtually no light for 5 days, only what came through the window, I had to take them out of tent, thankfully not smelling yet. Some fan leaves started dying but it will recover rapidly now as I've just switched to a 250w HID light and the leaves are already pointing to the sky just a few hours after taking this photo. I will be cautious about buying another LED light again although in principle they are brilliant. It burned out within two short grows, so much for lasting thousands of hours. The new type has different bulbs they say don't burn out at all, which suggests they knew of the problem and are now using a prior fault to sell their newer model. It only costs £3 per week to run a 300w LED 24/7. I put 2.5 grams of fish blood and bone in each bucket, half the recommended dosage, will see how it goes for a week, as this is a hot compost I'm going to be cautious, may not have needed it just yet.

43-days.JPG

Last edited:
Day 47: Sour Livers have perked up nicely with the new 250w HPS light following a failed LED and a week with virtually no light. Removed affected fan leaves, smaller two now looking very healthy, largest showing signs of deficiency developing so fish blood & bone may be absorbing a little too slowly. Added 2.5 grams to each pot making a total of 5 grams this past week which is the recommended dosage per square meter which apparently feeds food for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Topped pots with about 1cm of farmyard manure and watered for a quick feed. Tallest two are 80cm, running out of head room now. Update: Next day also added 3.5 grams of chicken manure pellets to each bucket.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Day 51, heights are now 70, 90, 90 and 110cm. Either these were not sour livers seeds or the lighting issue caused a big stretch, should be between 45 and 65cm they seem behind in flower compared to other examples on this site. I definitely left it a bit late to feed the largest one but it has recovered nicely.

Day 53 from seed, Sour Livers: They are all much taller than 65 cm quoted by Mephisto, tallest is 117cm, I can only assume it stretched because of the lighting issue I had. They are behind compared to other Sour Liver grows I've seen but look healthy overall. Now under 250w hps in an 80x80 tent. Seem to be taking well to a mixed topping of farmyard manure, 5g fish blood and bone, and 3.5g of chicken manure per 14 litre bucket.

DSC_0004.JPG
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
maybe they just kept stretching as they were searching for light that wasn’t there - seen a few get tall though. mine got to 65-70cm and stayed there.

they’re a bit behind but less than I’d have thought for a full week without light!

good luck mate

Sour livers - Day 59 from seed - 8.5 weeks -Tallest is 120 cm, and the others aren't far behind, almost double the heights they are supposed to be. Doing well under the the new light but compared to Lowryder 2 they grow like snails, that said they are at least a week behind due to broken light issue. Doubt these will be ready before 12 weeks, one hasn't even stopped stretching yet. Only just starting to get the faintest smell when touching the buds. Two fan leaves on the plant on the left look as though they have phosphorous excess but overall the mix of of farmyard, chicken manures and fish blood & bone seems to be fine. Leaves are not excessively dark. They are consuming about 1 litre of plain rain water per day atm, I only water if the compost start to feel dry on top, if there is runoff I consider it to be water logged, you lose nutrients and it makes a mess, not what I want..

Caperfture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
looking good Dave, should have chunked up a bit the past week? :pass:

Back