Indoor Sour Livers - Mephisto Genetics

Sour livers - 12 weeks from seed - One of these plants looks and smells totally different to the others so I've taken a picture of it in isolation, it is amazing. This particular one looks healthier than the rest, has cone like buds evenly spaced out with less leaves all of which tend to point skyward, it smells amazing and is twice as frosty as the other plants and is finishing faster though it started out as the runt.. I'd grow this one all the time for its smell alone. The others don't have a strong smell in comparison. They have some heat burn as they stretched to almost twice the usual height when my blue LED's failed. The smelly plant needs another week the rest probably two to finish. These plants are top heavy now and am needing supports, way too close to bulb really. I don't think I will defoliate as heavily next time, the fastest growing post defoliation was the odd one which I barely touched but then it had less leaves anyway.

1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

looking good @ukdave
interesting you have a couple of obviously different phenos - the stinky frosty girl sounds like what you should have gotten across the board mate but possibly the week without a light caused some issues? that said, i grew a Sour Livers (first plant) that did not perform as well as i hoped it would, lower odour and not much frost...but i have seen several grown wonderfully and they really are a killer strain when they perform so i put it down to me being a newbie at the time.

Good luck with the next week hope harvest goes well :thumbsup:

maybe they just kept stretching as they were searching for light that wasn’t there - seen a few get tall though. mine got to 65-70cm and stayed there.

they’re a bit behind but less than I’d have thought for a full week without light!

good luck mate

Seems logical to me!

interesting you have a couple of obviously different phenos - the stinky frosty girl sounds like what you should have gotten across the board mate but possibly the week without a light caused some issues? that said, i grew a Sour Livers (first plant) that did not perform as well as i hoped it would, lower odour and not much frost.

Thanks, I was hoping for stinkers across the board. I originally had 10 blue led's burning out, very dim and I'd not noticed, apparently that will cause a stretch. I then broke the lamp trying to repair it so very low light for a week. They have all been given the same food, the stinky one looks really healthy, better in every way. The others are smelly if you handle them but nothing to write home about, they are behind so maybe they will improve. The seeds didn't arrive in Mephisto packaging which made me initially wonder if I'd been sent the correct seeds.

12 weeks - Bud progress in different light.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 63
These look a lot like the one I grew. Big, bushy and tall with long stems and stretchy internodal space. I got a quite good yield from mine. The buds didn't look that great and were thin, spear-like and not dense, but when you broke the bud apart, it smelt amazing and very strong. The high is excellent off this strain too, in my opinion. Mine was definitely an ugly duckling.

Week 13 from seed - I initially thought the largest two plants at the back had some sort of nutrient issue as they haven't been looking great, but realised they have been affected by heat, and the very tops are burned. Stretched too much for my tent, probably caused by the blue led failure.. Many of the smallest leaves that reside between the bud had curved over, yellowed and hardened as if to protect the bud, the closer to the heat shield the worse it looked. I've removed a lot now and tied them back so hopefully will recover. As far as I can tell there are two plants that look the same and two plants that lok a bit, and a lot different. So either I got a mixed pack of seeds or there are a couple of phenos. Bud isn't that dense except for on the pheno, I'd say another 2 weeks to harvest and one week for the pheno which already has dense bud. Here is a picture of some of the bud on the pheno, wishing I'd seeded it. The bud is light green and very frosty which is not really visible in picture. I noticed this pheno looks like a White or Sour Stomper and it has the height to match.

dfCapture.PNG

Last edited:
a few issues here and there but dang frosty :smokeit:
:pighug:

Still looks like some good smoking bud brother, nice!:cheers:

your plants looking very good, sorry to hear that your light was broken, our after-sales Service Worker will help you to repair it. Mars 300w is our oldest light, you can try our new series in the future

Back