New Grower Mephisto Genetics PC microgrow

heey dudes loving the micro grow! i tried it once but it never worked out. people dont realise how hard it actually is to grow small plants. would never have though to put the pot on the side. something i was wondering though for these types of grows is could you not make a wide, shallow pot to save a bit of room? seems logical to me but never seen anyone do it so im wondering if theres a reason?

there are stealth grow boxes out there.. thats how im doing it that come with a Mars Hyrdro 300W Led.. my plants suffer the same problem with a 13" x 18" base.

heey dudes loving the micro grow! i tried it once but it never worked out. people dont realise how hard it actually is to grow small plants. would never have though to put the pot on the side. something i was wondering though for these types of grows is could you not make a wide, shallow pot to save a bit of room? seems logical to me but never seen anyone do it so im wondering if theres a reason?
Thabks for the positive support! We appreciate it! The worry we had with a shallow pot is the worry of the tap root not getting long enough and it not getting enough root structure to support the plant. But neither of us thought of putting it on it's side either, seems to be working out well. It is very difficult to grow small plants, takes a lot more training.
there are stealth grow boxes out there.. thats how im doing it that come with a Mars Hyrdro 300W Led.. my plants suffer the same problem with a 13" x 18" base.
Space is always something you can have more of, even when you have a lot. We have a few grow tents but this is just a fun grow, it's getting bigher than we thought it would get. How tall is your Space? Thanks for the positive reply!

i quite enjoy reading these micro grows. i done mine in a 250ml pot with unlimited grow space and shit loads of light. it just stopped growing at 3 weeks. never budged for a fortnight then i realised it was infested with beasties so had to bin it. i was pretty devestated like. had a monster in the tent too though so couldnt risk the bugs catching over. ill try it again though. i just love the look of the bonzai bushes
: )

i quite enjoy reading these micro grows. i done mine in a 250ml pot with unlimited grow space and shit loads of light. it just stopped growing at 3 weeks. never budged for a fortnight then i realised it was infested with beasties so had to bin it. i was pretty devestated like. had a monster in the tent too though so couldnt risk the bugs catching over. ill try it again though. i just love the look of the bonzai bushes
: )
We also love the looks of bonsai plants. They are fun in their own right. Before the one of us has grown 10 plants in 2liter soda bottles and pulled a total just over a pound... So about 1.6 is is possible easily.

fuckin hell you dont half like a challenge eh. takes some skills to pull off a grow like that. i was following the 2L grow off for a bit and they were droppin like flies. its not easy at all
. :slap: for that one mate.

fuckin hell you dont half like a challenge eh. takes some skills to pull off a grow like that. i was following the 2L grow off for a bit and they were droppin like flies. its not easy at all
. :slap: for that one mate.
It depends on how you have your set up done. theres some that do it right and some do it wrong. you just have to water them every day and they are good. not too difficult but its easier in a bigger pot because of a bigger bufferspace

I would say it can be done for sure....all i know is the plant below had a root base that only went down into the ground 1foot deep or less. All roots diverted under the surface through the top foot in the loose dirt.
IMG_5815.JPG

The ony thing i would worry about in an indoor grow with a shallow wide rootbase, is that the medium isnt too light, as i would assume it would dry out fairly quickly with so much exposed surface area.

I would say it can be done for sure....all i know is the plant below had a root base that only went down into the ground 1foot deep or less. All roots diverted under the surface through the top foot in the loose dirt.
View attachment 830263

The ony thing i would worry about in an indoor grow with a shallow wide rootbase, is that the medium isnt too light, as i would assume it would dry out fairly quickly with so much exposed surface area.
very nice, our container is probably about 8 inches tall so not very tall, so the 1 foot theory does hold true.

Back