Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

Got a nice selection there, that banana liquor sounds good. Those all photos, or any autos in there?
All photos. Yeah I gave my buddy one of those banana liquor a couple years ago and it was super gassy with a over ripe banana dankness in there. Quite potent as well.

Welcome back hope your day is going well! Before we get going I need to take a dab, or 2 lol. :hookah:

That's much better, I hope you are lifted as well. Things are going slow, well slower than I expected from what I heard. With that said they are doing well. I gave them a foliar feeding of Earth Juice from Microblast Sunday, and then feed them yesterday .

20221219_154146.jpg
20221219_154155.jpg
20221219_154201.jpg

This is about hr before bedtime, so looking a little droopy. Here they are after lights came back on.

20221219_230350.jpg
20221219_230402.jpg
20221219_230416.jpg

Color is looking better to me, they were looking a little light. I don't have Jack's seedling nutrients so I made a light mix cut with r/o to bring down ppm's. I think it was a little lighter than I wanted, so good to see theyre doing better. Just waiting for them to get a little bigger so I can top. Not sure if it will change, but I had to turn my SP 3000 down to 40%. I'm getting some canoeing on the top leaves. I had it up around 60% prior. I'm hoping when they get bigger they can handle more. That's all I got for now so until next time...

Stay lifted

:smokeout:

Last edited:
We're going not quickly, but going lol. I was concerned that they were going to explode from the start, and they would get to big to fast. I guess I could always cut wherever they're photos. So no timetable other than my own. I saw suggested veg time of 2 weeks, but these are way to slow for that hahaha. I think it's the temp. They like low 80's from what I read. Nothing I can do about that. I have a heat lamp that normally does the job. If my light was turned up more I may get to temps. I'm gonna check soil runoff make sure it's not ph. I assumed the canoeing was from light from what I saw. The 1 is 21" & other is 22.5" from light. So not that. Normally I do 20", and thats with it at 50-75%. So I need to confirm not the pH. I check all feedings, and right around 6.0pH give or take slightly. So don't think it's pH. @DCLXVI

Last edited:
That's what I'm looking for... my Holy Grail! Have you ever seen anyone grow Malawi in a 4'x2'x5'? I must be out of my mind to do this lol. I like pushing the envelope tho so this will be fun. They say if you want to beat the champ you gotta knock him out. Well I'm coming out swing! I can't wait till I have more space and can do multiple sativas. There is an odd 1 Dr. Grinspoon I want to do, but grows differently from what I hear. I also have some Hawaii Maui Waui that's takes a bunch space too. I think rec is coming soon here, and then I should have a better go at them. I can't wait till March/April to try her. Especially since i will be out of bud long before that hahaha. I have some the auto Zamaldelica on hand, but kinda old now. Mine was a quick burst of energy, and about 1-2 hrs later I'm counting sheep. I think I'm worthy of drinking from her cup. I'm not one that tends to get paranoid so I should be ok, but we will find out.

:pass:
I have seen one chap (different forum) manage impossible Sativa's in a cabinet-type gig- :jawdrop: .... landrace stuff, Hazes/crosses and the like!
Pretty much he's-a-witch level achievement :rofl:... a lot of labor, tinkering, trimming...
You're going to be topping and spreading wide I imagine? ...Trellis? ....For sure you'll be doing selective branch removal too as you go, to keep few fatter buds and not piles of larf!
Dr. G' is a nice one! That beads on a string pheno isn't common; an old mate here did some breeding with her to get an auto version, got a solid start but had to bail on it. :doh:
His girls were long and lean (very short branching), moderately solid buds, floral-lemon-candy like aroma mainly...

I have seen one chap (different forum) manage impossible Sativa's in a cabinet-type gig- :jawdrop: .... landrace stuff, Hazes/crosses and the like!
Pretty much he's-a-witch level achievement :rofl:... a lot of labor, tinkering, trimming...
You're going to be topping and spreading wide I imagine? ...Trellis? ....For sure you'll be doing selective branch removal too as you go, to keep few fatter buds and not piles of larf!
Dr. G' is a nice one! That beads on a string pheno isn't common; an old mate here did some breeding with her to get an auto version, got a solid start but had to bail on it. :doh:
His girls were long and lean (very short branching), moderately solid buds, floral-lemon-candy like aroma mainly...
Yep, "plan" is to top at least once maybe twice. I have a 2 net scrog set for the whole tent. I have only done 3 photo prior so still finding my way lol. 1st was a Durban Poison in a 7gal rain science bag. Did ok, but I want to see if 2 - 3gal would speed it up. Took me a while to spead the single plant. With the 2 I figure less stretching needed the faster I can flip. I will chop the underneath out. I know left to grow they will stretch a good bit, but any idea once topped how much stretch I should get after flip? I got a window to keep her contained, but it's not big. I need to hit it to max my yield to make this long grow pay off. I'm not set up to grow this kind of sativa, but sometimes you throw caution to the wind you know what I mean lol. This is my white whale, and got her in my nets. You never know what tomorrow holds so I ain't got no time for waiting. I'm gonna make it work got no choice. Ten yrs ago I could have never imagined I'd be growing... let alone some of the highest quality strains in the world. When I get an opportunity I go for it. This is what love to do so nothing to, but to do it. I waited a day to buy this strain, and it was gone. Took another 3+ yrs to find it again, so I said asap. Turns out was not the best time to do them, buy that's nature tho. Rarely are thing perfect so just another obstacle in the way. Getting use to that tho, I like a good challenge. This is gonna be fun enjoy the ride.

:pass:

FWIW > with a 50 day veg I find my sativa's stretch about two feet.

To contain them, I install three bamboo stakes and a 20" diameter wire hoop at ~28" high.

When the plants grow past that I tie them down to the hoop and continue to train the tops to grow horizontally.

This is a Double Chocolate. Pretty sure I managed to maintain a canopy height of ~40".

Double Chocolate  9 Nov.jpg

Cheers

Back