Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

:greenthumb:I think you'll be just fine for space 'Dee! ...And this looks like a faster pheno, could be as little as 11weeks...:coffee::coffee:... the buds on the faster pheno's tend to be more chunky, not as fluffed/ropey as the longer cycle ones... We'll see what a few weeks brings!

Oh man, your "day meds" wishes are well granted, as I mentioned before- :dizzy:... I recommend a solid 2-3 month cure at least before you store, extract, or whatever for long term. This shizzle is like bad biker speed at first, heart racy bug-eyed WTF mental tire smoking/go nowhere fast kinda high! :rofl: ....the ceiling on her buzz is exceptionally high,...and be in a good mental place too; in heavier doses this bud tends to not take you there so much like other kinder, gentler Sativa's, instead her wicked psychoactivity can send peep's sideways- :nono: -- Even I had some uncomfortable moments with mine, and she was a cross, albeit very strongly NMK dominant.
I found my KOG to be more pleasant after this time in cure,... cool T's, no big swings, minimal O2 exposure once burped and stable...At 6 months she was perfect (for me at least).... I kept two jars, a little short term and a big longer term one... :biggrin:
Several light(-er) weight friends did not appreciate her much, a few I didn't even offer knowing them as I do! :rolleyes2:
I will qualify mine further though, as a Sun grown girl which means UV enhanced potency and terp profile...

Of course, you can take her with more ambering than usual (depending on what % you usually like), but I recommend no more than 10-15% on them and let her age into mellower-ness over time...
She may not impress with aroma if you get the woodsy/oil/citrus one, my KOG was close to this profile and not at all loud...didn't matter, she hit with both hands!
I hope it is 11 weeks any time saved is a plus. I have to recheck the days, but I believe I counted for her to be done around April 30. Which is a little later than I want. I would like to have at least a sample ready for 420 for the effort of this lengthy grow. You have me excited, and scared to try her lol. I won't mind if I don't need to use as much of her as others. Less is more in my book most of the the time. I like to take earlier rather than later, I have heard that trichs can still mature after chop so I like to give a little wiggle room. Then they will go into my groove bags. So far no smell, but I'm use to that most of my don't smell anyways. I'm OK with that I guess for now until we go legal lol.

End of stretch
Welcome back, and thanks for stopping! I have some pics to share, but 1st it's that time... time to get lifted. Join me if you can in a quick sesh.
:hookah:

We should be coming up on the end of stretch. Today is day 19, and you can see buds starting to form. I added some bud candy last feeding. Not going to give every feeding it raised my pH a good bit witch made me have to add pH down. Only have synthetic pH down, so not good for microbes I just gave them. Here they are from just before lights out.

20230215_091543.jpg
20230215_091516.jpg
20230215_091701.jpg
20230215_091655.jpg
20230215_091553.jpg
20230215_091617.jpg
20230215_091610.jpg
20230215_091640.jpg
20230215_091632.jpg

I can't tell if they look hungry, or just the damage from before. Last 2 feeding they only took about 1/2 gallon each. Which is 1/2 of what they were taking. Although I think the 1st feeding of the 2 effected the 2nd feeding. 1st didn't take as much as normal, and then I think I didn't let them get as dry as I had been. I hope I can get a little more stretch out of them, but I think they're just about done if not done. Only my 3rd photo grow so still learning how they react. I think we will know in the next week or so. That's it for now so until next time...

Stay lifted

:smokeout:

I didn't expect much from the rate they were growing, and with only getting mkp for almost 2 weeks. Every grow i have done they were still given nitrogen along with everything else during stretch. I would think the absence of it would effect the amount of stretch. At the same time I have no idea what effect it has on a healthy growing plant. They have "stretched" some, I don't like to use that term in this case because of the minor growth. Stretch to me is a more dramatic burst of growth than what they have done. As of now they grew a little more like 4"-5". I also haven't done a grow that is as long as this. So maybe stretch will be longer, and the boom has yet to come. I don't thinks so, but we will see. Kinda hard to tell, but I do believe they are healthier now than before. They used to be droopy a couple hrs before lights out, and even some after. Now since I gave them some calmag, and mixed in some tap water haven't seen them droopy once. Leaves are in the "praying" position everytime I look at them. I had heard that term used before, but wasn't sure what they meant. I have heard that, or I noticed it more recently, and that apparently means they are happy. Well, that's what my understanding of it is. If I have that incorrect someone let me know. If they're happy I'm happy lol.

You are right mate , when the leaves are like that the moisture level is spot on , That is what you want to aim for .:thumbsup:

I just had a nice haul off Amazon came today. I had gotten $200 for Amazon for Christmas, and had been waiting to use it. This was canna order only so helps out on my budget garden. Here is what I got.

20230216_203307.jpg

I got me a AC Infinity S6(should got the oscillating 1, or the S9) gives me a lot more space it doesn't block the light. In front of that is 30 plant trainers these look awesome can't wait to try. White bag is a 5gal Rain Science grow bag, yellow bag is shaker bag for 710 glass cleaner plus 4 - 16oz 710 advanced cleaner bottles. Stuff got my enail so much cleaner and faster than the 70% alcohol I was using, and it smells amazing like oranges! Big black bag is my next step in growing. Most likely not my next grow unless this 1 is done earlier, but going to give organics a try. I grabbed a 5lbs bag of Natures Living soil. You can use a bunch of ways i think I will try the super soil 1st. I plan on learning on how to make my own, but this will get me started until I learn. Finally I got a wood moisture meter. I always over dry my bud so hopefully this will show me that it dry. Never fails I'm not sure, and boom it's to dry. Here is the fan in the ten so much more room!

20230216_224009.jpg
20230216_223943.jpg

Stay lifted
:jointman:

I just had a nice haul off Amazon came today. I had gotten $200 for Amazon for Christmas, and had been waiting to use it. This was canna order only so helps out on my budget garden. Here is what I got.

View attachment 1566259

I got me a AC Infinity S6(should got the oscillating 1, or the S9) gives me a lot more space it doesn't block the light. In front of that is 30 plant trainers these look awesome can't wait to try. White bag is a 5gal Rain Science grow bag, yellow bag is shaker bag for 710 glass cleaner plus 4 - 16oz 710 advanced cleaner bottles. Stuff got my enail so much cleaner and faster than the 70% alcohol I was using, and it smells amazing like oranges! Big black bag is my next step in growing. Most likely not my next grow unless this 1 is done earlier, but going to give organics a try. I grabbed a 5lbs bag of Natures Living soil. You can use a bunch of ways i think I will try the super soil 1st. I plan on learning on how to make my own, but this will get me started until I learn. Finally I got a wood moisture meter. I always over dry my bud so hopefully this will show me that it dry. Never fails I'm not sure, and boom it's to dry. Here is the fan in the ten so much more room!

View attachment 1566262View attachment 1566260

Stay lifted
:jointman:
The ac clipon will perform well in that space. It moves a ton of air. I dont even go above 50% in my 3x3 or I start getting windburn symptoms.

The ac clipon will perform well in that space. It moves a ton of air. I dont even go above 50% in my 3x3 or I start getting windburn symptoms.
I have it on 7, but may back it down 1. It's just over the tops so I don't have to much direct wind on them. I think the 9" would be perfect, you could run it on 2, or 3 in this space. It would run forever at that rate. It's much quieter than my old fan. So far I like it time will tell tho. I love the price $39.99 - 15% so only $33.99 not bad.

I have it on 7, but may back it down 1. It's just over the tops so I don't have to much direct wind on them. I think the 9" would be perfect, you could run it on 2, or 3 in this space. It would run forever at that rate. It's much quieter than my old fan. So far I like it time will tell tho. I love the price $39.99 - 15% so only $33.99 not bad.
I love it. I always got it pointing diagonally across the top of the canopy and if my tent is closed up all the tops will be slightly moving around at 5. I never hear it over my extraction fan lol. But thats always running at 60%

Back