Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

I like to run 730am to 730pm for dark time. Lets me water in the morning when I get up and again easily in the evening before it gets too late. But I am ancient and get up at 5am. Tailor your hours around when you have to leave for work and when you get home.

ManOGreen said the best time to water is 2 hours before lights out and 2 hours after lights on. The microbial community makes things the plant wants but it won't absorb them from the soil until that period. He had a long explanation somewhere but that's "ideal' watering time.

Zip ties. Easy to pull em' up and then snip off when finished.
I didn't know about best watering time good to know now. The light schedule has mostly to do with my heat lamp. It's a cheap shop light from HD with a 50w reptile heat bulb. I have the light on overnight because I don't want heat lamp on while Iźm sleeping. With lights on it keeps temp up. Heat lamp comes on at 8am-midnight so if something goes wrong I will be awake to handle it if I can. Safety precautions are just as important as security. I don't have a job currently, I have been playing Mr Mom the past nine yrs now. Both kids are now in school all day so I'm actually looking for a job. Well, I have a job anytime want but I want to work in the cannabis industry. Trying to hold off for a canna job if i can. We only have medical, but rec will be anytime. 10am-10pm also would work if, or when I take that job. Plus electricity is cheaper at night, but that's just a bonus lol. Zip ties may just work never thought of that. Good thinking bud!

I am the same as you mate , done some photo grows , after this round I have growing now [ Auto ] I will be having a go at Mango Haze x Z99 . :thumbsup:
That sounds like a good one.:jointman: I gotta go through my catalog, and find a fast auto to do next. I got Grape Crinkle by Mephisto I know thatsa quick 1.

@McDee how r these ladies doing?
OK, they are on day 5 of flower. I don't get into the tent really until late night. Lights go out at 10am. I take my son to school so give them a peek before we leave. Then I got about 45 mins when I get home till light out. I ride an exercise bike for 20 mins, so not really any time to play in the tent. I do training, and feeding at night. I have the 45 mins if there is an emergency like if I fall asleep, and don't feed them. If that happened I have 45 to do what I need to do. I can ride the bike after. I ride the bike 1st just to get it done. If I came home, and put it off i might not ride it lol. I haven't been doing lollipoping, and weaving. Not much doing tho. Not sure if there gonna blow up, like maybe next week she will really start to stretch??? Maybe they won't temps are 72°-75° f, and I don't have another heat source. Not for this grow anyways. I need to feed them tonight I will snap a few. This is the part that sucks with photos. Being locked out for 12hrs is hard. I only get 1-2hrs a night in my tent. Is what it is... cost of doing business, or whatever else you wanna say. It will be worth it in April.

:pass:

I'm back with an update from 1 week of flower. Just got done feeding, and bending them down. Before that it's time to get lifted! I changed it up tonight, and I had some gummies from my fridge. Not sure what they were made from, but I'm elevated on another level this evening lol.:cooldance:

OK, today was day 5 of flower and we're chugging along. They took just short of 2 gallons. I could have gave them the rest, but they were full. I did some more lollipoping, and bending branches through the net. There are a few that are just short of holding. They go under, but can't stay there long... yet. I moved the light up a little got to close. I have around 10"-10.5" of room left to move the light up so sitting good for now on that with some more room I can fill in the net. @Mizzo81 here they are bud. They're starting to grow a little better than I thought. Made some nice growth from yesterday. I wasn't thinking, and didn't take a pic before I started filling the net.:face: I told you gummies had me lifted lol.

20230201_232638.jpg
20230201_232649.jpg
20230201_232721.jpg
20230201_232748.jpg
20230201_232740.jpg
20230201_232817.jpg

The 1 on the right is a little cleaner. I didn't notice till I uploaded this pic. I'll have to see if I can tighten her up. She looks to have the heavier branches of the 2, with some colas that seem they'll be stacked. I have some more cleaning underneath, but try to go slow not do to much at once. I figure I got 10 more days at least to clean her up. That's about it for now so until next time...

Stay lifted

:pass:

Yeah, I counted around 29 tops on the right girl, could be more. The left looks to be similar in number. Need to clean underneath more which will help push energy to the tops. Only about 95 days to go... :rofl:

Stay lifted
Yeah that’s a long time but they look good and I’m sure they’ll be worth it.

Yeah that’s a long time but they look good and I’m sure they’ll be worth it.
I got some ugly leaves hanging around, but they will be the 1st that get got if it's to lush. I know there are a few spots that are stuffed with leaves that need thinned out. I wanna just do it all, but not wanting to mess her up by being impatient. Not sure if I should be still giving her calmag? I don't want her getting to much nitrogen, they don't like it in the 1st place. I can even think about the length of this grow lol. With autos at this point only 5-7weeks left. I only have little bit of bud left that isn't old. I'm saving my Lemon AK for the halfway point. That's only like 3g's so not much rosin out of that. I have some Whiskey Zulu, but that's for nighttime. I have other stuff, but some is 2yrs old like I still have Durban Poison left lol. Still gets you high just not the best tasting stuff.

I think the yeild from these will be worth the time. I've noticed that I get good auto runs now but large photos just put the weight on like mad. I mean my T20 SparkleFace was 140 days but I got 1.78lbs off the single plant. I could do two auto runs in that time but I don't get near the same weight.... yet! I know ManOGreen gets more from his quick turn around time on autos. He's on another level compared to the rest of us.

Back