Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

Considering the breeder says they will stretch a lot you flipped at a safe time. I expected a lot more of a stretch. Has me pondering my grow with them. My luck I’ll let them go a little and they go Amazonian on me lol I’ve had unruly jungle plants and they suck lol.

Considering the breeder says they will stretch a lot you flipped at a safe time. I expected a lot more of a stretch. Has me pondering my grow with them. My luck I’ll let them go a little and they go Amazonian on me lol I’ve had unruly jungle plants and they suck lol.
Don't go by my grow bro, I don't have my shit dialed in at all. I do things differently every grow which leads to issues. Almost always doing a different strain, different nutrients, etc... You have your grow conditions, and regiment down bud so I think you would have a different experience. They were slow moving from the started. I'm sure the cold didn't help any either, but my Durban Poison was slow too. I started that in August so??? That was supposed to be a fast grower too which makes me think it's me lol. I should have read what the plant was doing (slow growth) and waited a week, 10 days to flip. I guess better safe than sorry. I have had few blow up on me, and yeah... it sucks!

:pass:

Flower
Welcome if you're new, and thanks for stopping back if you've been here before. Got some pics, and something is up with one of the girls. Before we get into that its about that time... it's time to get lifted! Join if you're able I'm dabbing on some 2yr old Orange Sherbert while I'm waiting for the Malawi. Today is day 46 of flower I gave them 2 gallons of plain pH'd water. @Waira I checked the runoff again the 1 on the right was just over 6 (6.02-6.03) the 1 on the left was 5.91-5.92. The left 1 has something up with it, and not sure what. The leaves have been droopy for around 10'ish days not sure when exactly. They got the same water same everything. The pH is OK at 5.92, and wasn't over watered. You could see in the runoff how much more nutrients were in her.

20230314_000506.jpg
20230314_000535.jpg

You can see she isn't taking as much up. Leaves are yellowing, and no idea why???

Now the lady on the right is ROLLIN'! See has started to purple up which I'm sure is do to temp difference when light is off. I love when bud purples up looks awesome. Here they are.

20230314_094543.jpg
20230314_094529.jpg
20230314_094554.jpg
20230314_094601.jpg
20230314_094618.jpg
20230314_094656.jpg
20230314_094705.jpg

That's all I got for now so till next time...

Stay lifted

:hookah:

Attachments

• 20230314_094721.jpg
    20230314_094721.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Welcome if you're new, and thanks for stopping back if you've been here before. Got some pics, and something is up with one of the girls. Before we get into that its about that time... it's time to get lifted! Join if you're able I'm dabbing on some 2yr old Orange Sherbert while I'm waiting for the Malawi. Today is day 46 of flower I gave them 2 gallons of plain pH'd water. @Waira I checked the runoff again the 1 on the right was just over 6 (6.02-6.03) the 1 on the left was 5.91-5.92. The left 1 has something up with it, and not sure what. The leaves have been droopy for around 10'ish days not sure when exactly. They got the same water same everything. The pH is OK at 5.92, and wasn't over watered. You could see in the runoff how much more nutrients were in her.
:greenthumb:chunking up nicely 'Dee!

There's still some troubles here, and the sides of those pots are a sign of that. All that crusty stuff looks like excess nute salts and CaCO3. Some build up is normal, but that's looking pretty heavy....
pH isn't out of line, but what you really need is a ppm/EC reading of that run-off. To keep it accurate, you must use pure water, RO/distilled pure or close to it that has very low ppm. Drinking water from those self fill machines is fine too... Never pH it for this purpose, it's skews the results! You want a clean, unadulterated reading.
It's entirely possible to have OK pH and bad ppm/EC.
Recall what I said about antagonistic uptake issues? You can feed 'til you bleed, it'll just make matters worse! I strongly suspect too much of something has accumulated in the medium, plus the deposits on the sides (like a damn reservoir)...

What muddies the waters at this stage is the natural senescence of the leaves on top of what the plant is trying to "cannibalize" from them due to restrictions in uptake caused by the ion antagonism...
Fan fading looks mostly N defc., some is normal, some beyond/early for this stage... Color bars harder to say, might some monkey bizz with micronutes going on, or could be more or less normal expression; by itself, not much of diagnostic symptom really...

So, get that new run-off reading using pure water. If it's in the 1000's++, it's too high. Do you know what the ppm's are of the solution going in?
I realize flushing is basically out because of how it's rigged in there, which could be the bitch of a fix otherwise...

:greenthumb:chunking up nicely 'Dee!

There's still some troubles here, and the sides of those pots are a sign of that. All that crusty stuff looks like excess nute salts and CaCO3. Some build up is normal, but that's looking pretty heavy....
pH isn't out of line, but what you really need is a ppm/EC reading of that run-off. To keep it accurate, you must use pure water, RO/distilled pure or close to it that has very low ppm. Drinking water from those self fill machines is fine too... Never pH it for this purpose, it's skews the results! You want a clean, unadulterated reading.
It's entirely possible to have OK pH and bad ppm/EC.
Recall what I said about antagonistic uptake issues? You can feed 'til you bleed, it'll just make matters worse! I strongly suspect too much of something has accumulated in the medium, plus the deposits on the sides (like a damn reservoir)...

What muddies the waters at this stage is the natural senescence of the leaves on top of what the plant is trying to "cannibalize" from them due to restrictions in uptake caused by the ion antagonism...
Fan fading looks mostly N defc., some is normal, some beyond/early for this stage... Color bars harder to say, might some monkey bizz with micronutes going on, or could be more or less normal expression; by itself, not much of diagnostic symptom really...

So, get that new run-off reading using pure water. If it's in the 1000's++, it's too high. Do you know what the ppm's are of the solution going in?
I realize flushing is basically out because of how it's rigged in there, which could be the bitch of a fix otherwise...
Yeah, I have been eyeing that shit for a bit now. It started after i started cutting my r/o with tap. I did a 75/25 RO/Tap for the pH wasn't thinking lol. I will do it again. I haven't done ppm don't have batteries I keep forgetting to order them. I ordered them but were wrong size. I just ordered stuff and total forgot to get batteries AGAIN lol. I was planning to give her plain water, but I'm gonna go back to R/O for the rest of this grow till issue is resolved. Thanks again!

Thanks bud, me too lol. Concerned about the one on the left tho. Hopefully she will make it to the finish line.
They’re tough plants and can take a lot. She might not be perfect but she’ll make it.

Back