Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

That's what I'm looking for... my Holy Grail! Have you ever seen anyone grow Malawi in a 4'x2'x5'? I must be out of my mind to do this lol. I like pushing the envelope tho so this will be fun. They say if you want to beat the champ you gotta knock him out. Well I'm coming out swing! I can't wait till I have more space and can do multiple sativas. There is an odd 1 Dr. Grinspoon I want to do, but grows differently from what I hear. I also have some Hawaii Maui Waui that's takes a bunch space too. I think rec is coming soon here, and then I should have a better go at them. I can't wait till March/April to try her. Especially since i will be out of bud long before that hahaha. I have some the auto Zamaldelica on hand, but kinda old now. Mine was a quick burst of energy, and about 1-2 hrs later I'm counting sheep. I think I'm worthy of drinking from her cup. I'm not one that tends to get paranoid so I should be ok, but we will find out.

:pass:
I grew a MG in 2x2x 4.5 (homemade grow closet). It wasn't hard to keep it short enough because I trained it into around 20 colas before flipping.

I grew a MG in 2x2x 4.5 (homemade grow closet). It wasn't hard to keep it short enough because I trained it into around 20 colas before flipping.
Nice. I don't know what I would do if I had room lol. Yes, I do I would grow huge sativas although that day may be coming soon. Got any pics of it? If so, let's see 'em.

Well those have certainly turned the corner haven't they? Looks like they are frosting up nicely. Next few weeks should be pretty exciting. What's the nute plan? Is there a finishing product you are going to use?

Well those have certainly turned the corner haven't they? Looks like they are frosting up nicely. Next few weeks should be pretty exciting. What's the nute plan? Is there a finishing product you are going to use?
Yeah, I think use tap water was a big help. They do look like they will have a nice layer of frost. Most sativas I've done don't get super frosty, but these seem a little different. Last night they got the Jacks trio, silica, ful-power, and Earth Juice Microblast. They got some Bud Candy prior, and will get it every so many feedings. Don't have enough to give every feeding.

2 questions. How long did it flower and how much did it stretch?
It stretches a lot. The one I grew finished in 48 days but could have gone longer. Different phenos take different times to harvest but it's a faster strain than a lot of sativas.

Nice. I don't know what I would do if I had room lol. Yes, I do I would grow huge sativas although that day may be coming soon. Got any pics of it? If so, let's see 'em.

I don't. But as I recall, it was in a 3 gallon pot and I got a couple of ounces. It was one of the first 9-10 grows I ever did. I have grown several sativas so far, and haven't had trouble keeping any of them short. 2x2x5 is big enough for any sativa, so long as you train a lot in veg. I like stretchy plants - the stretchier the better.! :muahaha:

I missed your other question. I remember it was supposed to take a long time but back then I didn't keep those kinds of records. It took longer than normal, but I don't remember it taking too awfully long - sorry I can't be more specific.

Besides MG I've also grown Kumaoni and I know a couple others. The stretchiest plant I've grown is a hybrid - Chick Magnet. Interestingly, Golden Tiger V3 hardly stretched at all in flower, doing most of its insane stretch in veg.

Last edited:
Back