Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

I see, and understand... I only order beans from inside US. I don't want to even deal with customs, and stealth shipping charges anymore. My 1st grow was my only time ordering from outside of the US. It was the worst, so worried since I'm an not in a recreational state. They were only coming from Canada tho lol.:whew:

The worry I had was ridiculous especially since it was my 1st time hahaha. Finding Ace proved to be a challenge as I found 1 place, and missed on Malawi more than once. I was able to get some Zamaldelica auto tho which I still have some in my stash. Then I heard about Multiverse beans and they carry Ace... a lot of their strains too. Not long after they were back in-stock, so I grabbed 2 - 5packs got 12 total. Then I had a couple grow commitments to finish 1st. So it's been a long journey throught the internet, and life to get to this point. I feel for you bud, sucks when you can't get strains. I have an addiction to collecting strains so there are a few I can't get my hands on lol. I tell myself one day, and then I do a dab hahaha.

Stay lifted

Last edited:
Gave them full strength feeding a couple nights ago about half gallon each. Growth is slow its cold so taking longer than I thought. Last 36hrs temps range from 61°/70°f had to raise light had some canoeing on the taller lady. SP 3000 is at 50% 21" from shorter 1, 19" from taller 1. I think I got 2 different phenotypes here. The older 1 is the shorter 1, I just thought the other had a stretch because the cup had condensation. It had more making light weaker so I was thinking making her stretch. Now that I look at them they look different 1 is shorter, and squatter. I hadn't taken that into consideration when planning to top, and scrog. I got some time before then so I'll see how they grow. I may just have to top at different nodes to get similar results. Kinda still new to the scrog style, my other 2 were single plants...single plants that doesn't makes sense when you hear that. Could be I'm just stoned, but little bit of an oxymoron kinda like jumbo shrimp lol. Sorry I'm just really stoned hahaha. Here they are last night just around midnight I did a little bit of supercropping.

20221214_001704.jpg
20221214_001657.jpg
20221214_001649.jpg

Here they are 12hrs later.

20221214_123447.jpg

I got some nutrients on her early on. Luckily I will be cutting those off soon anyway.

20221214_123452.jpg
20221214_123438.jpg

You can see the 1 on the right is more bushy. I don't have a lot of knowledge of Malawi so not sure what to expect. Time will tell, and it's telling me it's time for some dabs!

Stay lifted

A/Epsom/B going 2/2/2? Interesting. I try to follow their ratios to the letter. Except for the flowering transition point.

I'd be careful deviating too much.

Here is a KootMed chart with some nice math already done for ratios. Two ways to go about it. Either math, reducing or increasing by % or you can do like @Olderfart and mix a full strength batch and then dilute to desired strength after.

Going to try the "Attach Files" button.

Attachments

• JACKS-3-2-1.pdf
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
A/Epsom/B going 2/2/2? Interesting. I try to follow their ratios to the letter. Except for the flowering transition point.

I'd be careful deviating too much.

Here is a KootMed chart with some nice math already done for ratios. Two ways to go about it. Either math, reducing or increasing by % or you can do like @Olderfart and mix a full strength batch and then dilute to desired strength after.

Going to try the "Attach Files" button.

Screenshot_20221214_234103_YouTube.png

I following Greengenes Garden from YouTube bloom mix, his equivalent to Jacks 321 + bloom. He tweaked it said he thinks it's better, it's the red column. Just Jack's 321 is in the blue. His bloom mix is very close to General Hydroponics Lucas mix which is very popular it's in yellow. I also highlighted Megacrop too for comparison. The reason I choose to try this formula is math. Ace told me to use 25% less nitrogen because Malawi doesn't like as much nitrogen. The simple way would be to use 25% less part B, but that would lower my calcium too which not what I want. I looked at his bloom mix, and did the math. It's has 26% less nitrogen than the normal Jack's 321. It has similar numbers to the Lucas, and I know that the Lucas has a lot of backers so it was a no brainer. I was looking into the Lucas before I found Jack's 321 as well. I will add some bud candy in flower also. GG put the numbers into hydrobuilder that's where I got this. This seems to be a sativa friendly formula as most sativas like less than normally quantities of nitrogen.

View attachment 1547056

For my next Herbies seeds grow I will have to pick four of the following > Malawi, Apple Betty, Golden Tiger, Malawi x Panama and Wild Thailand !

Decisions, decisions :cooldance:

Good luck with your grow @McDee !

Cheers
Thanks bud, I would go with Malawi(obviously), Golden Tiger I plan on grabbing some myself, Malawi x Panama, and Wild Thailand.

Stay lifted

Back