Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had that experience with halapenos. Some pretty much like bell peppers, some almost as lethal as serranos. No telling which is which until, sometimes, it is too too late. :cheers:

I find the hotter varieties a bit more consistent, but haven't grown any for years. I have one in a pot at the moment though, remains to be seen how hot they turn out. They are labelled as hot, but the proof comes later. :biggrin:
i have something, i think rat/mouse eating all my peppers and they don't give a damn how spicy the pepper is haha they eat everything but the seedcore of my peppers :face:

Good Morfnoevight All you happy Sunday stoners!

What a morning I have had. Exactly 5:09 am this morning I wake to the sound of Ms MOG asking about the perimeter alarm that was blasting away. I look down the hall and see nothing so proceed into the kitchen assuming any breach was in the connected portion of the house that dose not have access to the living space. I disarmed the alarm at 5:10 am. From my cellphone I learned that one of the sensors was "Tampered" which is not possible since the sensor is inside a still sealed space. :shrug: After a long talk with the help person, who was very polite but totally not going to give me a new sensor. I just installed one of my back-ups. I went back to bed but sleep was not to be found. While laying there I decided I wanted lobster for the 4th!

This morning I look on line to see if I can spot a deal. Wally World has two Fresh tails 9 oz. for $16 so I stop there first. Not fresh and not $16 either. Next was Costco, No big tails, all previously frozen and looked as if they had thawed yesterday. On to WinCo, They had beautiful Australian tails the other day. They had the same ones. In for a penny in for a pound. I drove all the way to a Fish Market and they were cleaned out at $48 a pound fresh Main Lobster. They said call next time :rofl:. They must have been lovely. So back the other way to my last chance Whole Foods. Nothing fresh. I surrender, I bought five of the dinky 4 oz tails - $9.44 each by the time you shell them you are luck to get two bites. So a 2.5 hour shopping adventure.

I came home and had a dab straight away.

We are on a water meter here. So I only run the RO when the water district is providing well water. It runs over 200PPM. I just mix 50/50 with tap to get it down to 100 PPM for use in the grow and wasting as little water as possible.

Dude you should be Super Cropping.

Hardest thing for a grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

:goodluck:
Not for me I do it often! I’m gonna climb inside and raise light before I bend em so I know how much to bend over! They just got some really huge stems on them so didn’t wanna try to smoosh em til it was necessary….. :d5:

WHICH WAS DEF A LIL WAYS BACK I JUST BEEN LAZY! ;) :rofl:

i don't have rosin but i can make infused oil and butter, those are my skills so far :face:
good idea on the Kool Aid for flavour, I like it, and thanks for posting. Another idea is getting food grade essential oil. It comes in various flavours, and is strong. :cheers:

nice man i want a press machine too, and that cylinder thingy to makes hard ass bud pucks for storing and pressing rosin.
I got both....
IMG_20220703_180619855.jpg

I find 62% good (as in, 62% RH stable in the jar/grove bag, not 62% water content in bud), and I think @Mañ'O'Green figures much the same, he may chime in. I haven't done any serious experimenting though, so a tad higher moisture might make nice rosin too. In any case, if it is ready to smoke, it is ready for pressing. :goodluck:

no no, tattoo is talkin about the other way to gauge moisture content...in the stemz of the budz...which, if stonermemory servez, should be around 12% i think.....jus sayin ;) ppp

I find 62% good (as in, 62% RH stable in the jar/grove bag, not 62% water content in bud), and I think @Mañ'O'Green figures much the same, he may chime in. I haven't done any serious experimenting though, so a tad higher moisture might make nice rosin too. In any case, if it is ready to smoke, it is ready for pressing. :goodluck:
Yes, 62% that is what I use.

No I live in central California - lots of brown sand and no water here.

That is Scuba Club Cozumel in Mexico. We have been there many times to SCUBA. It is the easiest place to get to for us with warm water. Diving the West Coast is all cold water diving. I have enjoyed cold water for 40 years, the gear is just too heavy for my back. I can do warm water.
Ok cool looks nice..... Never been scuba diving... Like to go some time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back