Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up to my autopot's res's ph @ 4.5ph.. that molasses is no joke, it is becoming work to keep 5.8-6.5

Normal @Mañ'O'Green ?
Yup from my understanding because of microbes in the rez it can go either way up or down. Really curious what comes of all this I have had all same issues:pass:

My question is if I add ph down to rez. Then a few days later it drops to low is it ok to use ph up then?
I thought from when I first started growing you are not suppose to use ph up and down in the same mix? So if the nute mix drops too low then you would have make a new batch and start over :shrug:

Woke up to my autopot's res's ph @ 4.5ph.. that molasses is no joke, it is becoming work to keep 5.8-6.5
Sugar water ferments to alcohol pretty quickly. There's wild yeast everywhere, even in the air. Even in the fridge cider with no preservatives in it will start to bubble in a few days. I don't know what the pH of alcohol is, but your plants might get drunk.

I noticed some foam on the top of the water this morning... Maybe it was starting to ferment. I thought maybe it was reacting with the yucca. pH did drop to 4.85 this morning after staying 6.0-6.2 the past 2 days. Pretty sure this week has been the only time I've ever used my ph up. Chopping this weekend so not too worried but gonna have to remember this

I tried molasses for the 1st time in my rez this week. Put it in Saturday and it was the same ish yesterday and Monday after being all over the place sat/sun. Woke up this morning to what looks like mold on the pump and the power cord for the pump. Never seen mold before. Only change is the molasses. Had to dump it and clean it out bc mold makes me nervous :shrug:
I'd never recommend putting Molasses through a pump, or into a slow drip reservoir. Mix it in a separate water can, an aerate overnight. Then check it for PH offsets the following day. Adjust PH to spec and use immediately.
mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

I noticed some foam on the top of the water this morning... Maybe it was starting to ferment. I thought maybe it was reacting with the yucca. pH did drop to 4.85 this morning after staying 6.0-6.2 the past 2 days. Pretty sure this week has been the only time I've ever used my ph up. Chopping this weekend so not too worried but gonna have to remember this
LOL same i'm using ph up for the 1st time with this sugar water crap, better be worth it >.< i got the foam on top too but i am gravity fed

I thought about this whole discussion yesterday as I fed Fox Farm Bembe to my plants. I noted that what little of the smell I could stand kinda smelled like alcohol.

If you're interested in a good read about soil bacteria...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back