Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving up from bro science, we go to scientific journals. This was the first sentence in the introduction of this article(https://setac.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/etc.5620180112)

I’d leave it alone.
Right, i understand some of that but why is colloidal silver sold as a oral supplement or how is the silver toxic in which forms? liquid, smoke, vape, eaten, put up poop shoot. that is why i call it bro science is because yes we know it is a toxic metal like mercury but i'm still confused. i grow enough bud to not care and just trash it but i am the type of person to ask why when most will just follow the rules, this trait of mine has cursed me most my life :face:

Know why?...nope...but I've had it happen in my auto pot res....only mix 4 gallons at a time anymore.....about every other day with 6 big plants so they getting a fresh pH adjustment at that time. Noticed it drifting upwards as well so I aim for 6 now.
While my ph drifts downwards in my autopots res lol the damn rain/ro water is even more ph sensitive. i just make it a habit to check the res every damn morning because my Beaver sorbet dream from last year was looking KILLER, huge ass plant but i let the ph swing and the leafs got crispy and i looked stupid with giant ugly plant.

i shoot for 6.1-6.3 because of how my ph goes down not up when left alone in my res's
Mine drift up almost a point in 2 days, from 6 to 7 which is why I work in a new batch every other day at 6. Figure it might drift up to 6.5 maybe before new batch so I hit most the sweet spots.

i shoot for 6.1-6.3 because of how my ph goes down not up when left alone in my res's
Mine goes up.... I think MOG uses a pH stabilizer.... I'm going to buy some.... Well reducer too....hey @Mañ'O'Green what does this help do? It's in your feeding schedule and I don't have this??? thanks
Screenshot_20220719-113620.png

Right, i understand some of that but why is colloidal silver sold as a oral supplement or how is the silver toxic in which forms? liquid, smoke, vape, eaten, put up poop shoot. that is why i call it bro science is because yes we know it is a toxic metal like mercury but i'm still confused. i grow enough bud to not care and just trash it but i am the type of person to ask why when most will just follow the rules, this trait of mine has cursed me most my life :face:
I think the answer is that colloidal silver isn’t healthy. As a supplement, I’d classify it with bleach, hydrogen peroxide and the like. The most likely side effect is a permanent bluing of the skin.

Mine goes up.... I think MOG uses a pH stabilizer.... I'm going to buy some.... Well reducer too....hey @Mañ'O'Green what does this help do? It's in your feeding schedule and I don't have this??? thanks View attachment 1489130
If it helps get it. Ph inbalance can ruin a plant quick! i micro manage my grow so it would not help me unless i went on a camping trip for a week, im home 98% of the time to spoon feed the grass

I wonder how much of the pH drift is attributed to fermentation. Adding sugar to water and letting sit is a tried an true way of producing alcohol.

The other PH- Down is nitric acid based. When you mix an acid into the water the acid reacts with the calcium carbonate and changes some of it to something else. Less calcium carbonate = lower PH. The Phosphoric Acid reacts to make phosphorus something the plants need more of in bloom. The nitric acid reacts to make nitrogen something the plant can use in veg.

For all of the other reasons correctly pointed out by the members above :yeahthat:. I highly recommend commercial products
You should have a stirring pump or air stone in mixed nutrients to help prevent some nutrients from falling out of suspension. The PH wander is to be expected. Remember Phosphoric acid PH down or Nitric Acid PH down add phosphorus or Nitrogen respectively to the nutrient balance. If you have to add a lot this can be problematic.
Nitric Acid (PH down), Phosphoric Acid (PH down), potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate (PH up)
This is everything I could find quickly on what MOG has to say about ph :pass:

@Mara Cachafa and @Tattoochase not sure if saw this these quotes may help

Last edited:
I wonder how much of the pH drift is attributed to fermentation. Adding sugar to water and letting sit is a tried an true way of producing alcohol.
I haven't added any sugar (molasses) yet for this grow, and I don't think the GH Flora has anything sweet in it. I wonder if my pH drift has to do with aeration or evaporation of chlorine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back