Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO........fuses and breakers are rated for what the wiring can handle....they trip or pop before the wiring has time to heat up enough to start a fire...never replace with higher amperage.
edit: hopefully you got the right size...there are two sizes of screw in fuses which is why I like to take an old one with me to the hardware store to match up.
I bought the same ones i think.... At least they look exactly the same....

@Tattoochase , as far as where to run your equiptment from, you'll have to search online for average amperage draw on the various things you have plugged in and make your own determination......window unit in my living room was popping fuse on the circuit it was on ( wife's oxygen machine, fridge, microwave, air fry oven) ran extension cord to my grow circuit and haven't had a problem since......3 x ts1000's, 2 x ts600's, exhaust fan, fans etc...... watts to amps calculator has it at 3 x 1.25 amp + 2 x .75 amp and I figured 2 amps for the other stuff....about 7.25 amps on a 20 amp circuit...the A/C being a 6k unit draws 4.35 to 6.52 amps.....so at most 13.77 amps on a 20 amp circuit...well below fuse rating......these are all "Average" ratings found online so you'll need to do a little investigation on your particular situation......and a disclaimer.....I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN NOR DO I HAVE ANY FORMAL/CERTIFIED TRAINING IN ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND OR CIRCUITS.....DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK...
With all the information available online it's really not that hard to understand and if you use the "Less is More" kind of thinking it should be ok..( Less than they say is More safe"
Ok will do..... Thanks....

Thanks Mossy....Morning....

Afternoon @Bill.de.Cat ...:coffee:..sharing one.......

You been coffeed....?.................
coffee.gif

IMG_2668.JPG

That's on me seedling table.......:pass:......it's a Tad Warm...........:headbang:

@Tattoochase , as far as where to run your equiptment from, you'll have to search online for average amperage draw on the various things you have plugged in and make your own determination......window unit in my living room was popping fuse on the circuit it was on ( wife's oxygen machine, fridge, microwave, air fry oven) ran extension cord to my grow circuit and haven't had a problem since......3 x ts1000's, 2 x ts600's, exhaust fan, fans etc...... watts to amps calculator has it at 3 x 1.25 amp + 2 x .75 amp and I figured 2 amps for the other stuff....about 7.25 amps on a 20 amp circuit...the A/C being a 6k unit draws 4.35 to 6.52 amps.....so at most 13.77 amps on a 20 amp circuit...well below fuse rating......these are all "Average" ratings found online so you'll need to do a little investigation on your particular situation......and a disclaimer.....I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN NOR DO I HAVE ANY FORMAL/CERTIFIED TRAINING IN ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT AND OR CIRCUITS.....DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK...
With all the information available online it's really not that hard to understand and if you use the "Less is More" kind of thinking it should be ok..( Less than they say is More safe"
Some of that equipment will have a load spike on start up. Both my new A/Cs are dual inverter and the start load is VERY minimal.

But most defiantly, DO NOT install a fuse with a higher rating than the wire rating for that gage of wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back