Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
A VPD of 1.3 would be, perhaps, early flower.

There are two pieces to the Pulse VPD puzzle - the stage of growth and the leaf surface temperature ("LST")

Recommended VPD's are 0.8 for seedling, 1.0 for veg, and 1.5 for flower. Some growers like to gradually raise VPD when flower starts, going from 1.2 to 1.5 so maybe that's where 1.3 is coming from.

LST is an important part of VPD because it drives the "deficit" part of VPD, that is the difference in vapor pressure within the leaf vs the vapor pressure outside the leaf. The vapor pressure outside the leaf is a function of the temperature and the humidity - if is really hot and dry, there will be a big deficit and lots of transpiration. LST is used for the "offset" - the difference between the leaves in the canopy and the ambient temperature in the tent//grow environment.

Grab an IR thermometer and sample the temperature of leaves in the canopy. If the ambient temp is 80 and the LST is 78, you've got a -2 offset. Click on the "Settings" icon ("Environment", "Spectrum", and "Settings") and scroll down until you see the place to enter the LST. Once you've entered that, hit "save" or "accept" and the Pulse will update the data based on the LST that you've entered.

The Pulse site is well worth checking out. Read through the docs and sign up for the newsletter. Pete is the programmer for their products and is their tech support guy. Very laid back and eager to help. There's a forum there, too, so you can ask/answer questions. I add my tuppence there as "OC_Grower".

I bought a PulseOne last year and it's the brains of my grow. I use Bugbee's "nine cardinal parameters" as a guide for my growing processes. About the only items that are truly "variables" are temp and RH* and the Pulse allows me to get the temperature and RH spot on with almost zero effort.

*OK, there are thrip infestations, hot and cold temperatures because my grow is in an unheated garage, power outages, and being a dumbshit who says "Nah, I don't need a trellis" but other than those things that make it a goat rope that, it's smooth sailing.
Nice info my ac infinity 67 controller does the same..... Plus I have everything you need to dial in my environment.... I'm thinking of getting the pro... But I got the perfect environment with what I got and I can buy me a spot on for few hundred dollars cheaper..... I can dial my room anyway I want..... But those things are cool. ....

Nice info my ac infinity 67 controller does the same..... Plus I have everything you need to dial in my environment.... I'm thinking of getting the pro... But I got the perfect environment with what I got and I can buy me a spot on for few hundred dollars cheaper..... I can dial my room anyway I want..... But those things are cool. ....
Hell yeah, I'll get that stuff one day.
I have a list of wants and having trigger sensors (inkbirds) for the humidifier and ac/heat would be amazing to have but for now i'm happy with keeping my temps 65-85f and 35-75% RH.. seems to grow bud just fine.. just not as perfect as it could be i guess?

I kinda wish the VPD craze didn't take hold because it causes us new growers to focus on advanced shit that makes us stumble and spend a ton when we could just be keeping it simple.

Getting ready for the move .. I chopped down all my flowering plants and moved veg into flower tent..... Taking down the veg tent .... I move Fri... I'm sleeping on the couch now the ex won't sleep in the same bed.... I don't blame her.... Only if she wasn't so controlling this never would have happened..... Time to get in shower and call it a night.... Good night everybody.....
IMG_20220711_224857076.jpg

Rope ratchets my dude! Hook them to 1 side of the light and then lift light up most of the way so it’s hanging, then just lift and swing light over to hold it level and u can easily hook the other 2 ratchets onto opposite side! :d5:
I invented a rigging with those rope ratchets. By having one top and bottom facing opposite pulling positions utilizing a closed loop rope; You can always reach a release to lower the fixtures without a need to reach the top of the space.

If I could take even a quarter of a breath that would be awesome at this point lol.

Mullein is nature's rescue inhaler .. where we used to live, it grew wild everywhere. Here, not so much but we do have one plant in the GH that we will be able to get seeds from this fall ..and a lot of leaves for tinctures. It's one of our go to herbs

If anyone here has known me for long, you know it’s hard for me go very long without something happening at the dream farm

Lighting struck my house/greenhouse today and fried my two 12” ac infinity fans, industrial humidifier, cO2 and humidity sensor

Grrrrrrr

But the plants all seem happy, I have a back up fan I can use and a spare humidifier I can rig up.

So it should not be too too bad. I think I can limp along until I get replacement parts

Love y’all stoners. Stay safe and watch out for LIGHTING smdh

If anyone here has known me for long, you know it’s hard for me go very long without something happening at the dream farm

Lighting struck my house/greenhouse today and fried my two 12” ac infinity fans, industrial humidifier, cO2 and humidity sensor

Grrrrrrr

But the plants all seem happy, I have a back up fan I can use and a spare humidifier I can rig up.

So it should not be too too bad. I think I can limp along until I get replacement parts

That sucks.... You to bud... I feel your pain......

Grrrrrrr

Sorry to hear @derek420colorado ... :headbang: ....unlucky to get struck......but Lucky all the girls are Okay.

karma sent....:karmacloud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back