Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS!!!!!!

Anyone know anything about troubleshooting LED lights? Photontek 1000W Pro

Half my light quit working. Checked all connections. Reinstalled all connections. Put in manual controller to make sure it wasn't the controller. Shut off light and restarted. Slight bitch slap. Driver mounted externally is warm...No other exposed wiring to check...warraanty void if components are opened. and no frikkin phone contact number!!!
I had this happen to me recently with a Mars lights and it ended up being the driver. If you switch the wires does the other side come on?

I smoked a fatty this morning and i realised that we live in a world of tricks :smoking:

I take my hat off for the best tricks, it’s a gentleman’s game and the real gentlemen’s can be very rude in one way but be friendly in a twisted way.

So I’m having a great morning/day @Mossy.

How is your day @Mossy?

Smoke and Mirrors @Xmas .....with Hidden Snakes......:pass:...such is Life....we get Through it....

SOS!!!!!!

Anyone know anything about troubleshooting LED lights? Photontek 1000W Pro

Half my light quit working. Checked all connections. Reinstalled all connections. Put in manual controller to make sure it wasn't the controller. Shut off light and restarted. Slight bitch slap. Driver mounted externally is warm...No other exposed wiring to check...warraanty void if components are opened. and no frikkin phone contact number!!!
@Talonxracer built a couple lights. He might know.

I would look at at the pcb circuitry and look for a burned trace or a blown led, but truthfully at that point replacement is the best option. Replacement of surface mount devices is not an easy task and usually ends up causing other issues depending on how dense the device population is.

Time to get a new light, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back