Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yessir I work in a custom fab shop :thanks:

Good morning good evening and good night everyone:toke:
Interesting read that article especially on the farms working with each other. Love them for that.

My thoughts are that I don't deny some of there arguments not to trim. Most of is logical in the right situations but...

Are they charging you less for the weight. If I buy an oz I don't expect to be throwing away let's say 10% - 20% as shake. Yer like most people are going to save it to make into edibles. My ass, the average person will just throw it.
It's a great business model let the customer do your trimming. I think maybe that's all it is, a business model. They don't need to have all those extra cost of trimming and turning the shake into a product to sell.
Personal I think they are missing out on making into traditional hash then selling it as that years vintage a few years down the line, like a good wine. That's what I do.

It's an interesting subject to be had, I'm not totally against it. In fact I think it may become the norm at some point. It does make sense but the business models we have now wouldn't allow it. You only have to take the pulse of the average smokers on reddit to understand that it would take a generation to change those smokers.
Remember we are gardeners of the magic plant so we know the ways. It's hard to break the uneducated, I've tried. Should seen me get taken to the cleaners on reddit when I suggested that rock hard nugs is not the be all to end all.

Here's the link again peeps. Let's get everyone opinions on this. Best topic to LS this week.

https://hightimes.com/business/farm-cut-provides-a-model-for-cannabis-farming-and-collaboration/
It's an interesting business model that reduces labor costs and more of the end product is sold as flower. You are correct that most people will just throw away the trim.
Only time will tell if stoners will embrace it.

If I were to grow commercially now, it would have to be a boutique business model. Product quality and method of growing would have to be some the key selling points in the marketing plan. Finding that unique aspect in marketing your product would be critical.

Also I suppose it what hemisphere you operate in. If your very public and just a supplier then your customers will determine your finish product.
There's a whole generation out there that think weed should only be stones for nugs and Trimmed to the inch of its life and then to be charged a very premium price or its all just junk if doesn't meet those standards.

I mean it that I did get taken down many a time on reddit by smokers that know everything. There's more of them than us and tjat yhe issue. I just couldn't get through to any of them. I was branded a mids grower over and over and knew nothing.
Well, after the spin trimmer experiment, when ever I was asked, I'd whip out my phone and show them just how much they were losing on those fine trimmed buds they were paying top $ for and why I only hand trimmed.....

Also I suppose it what hemisphere you operate in. If your very public and just a supplier then your customers will determine your finish product.
There's a whole generation out there that think weed should only be stones for nugs and Trimmed to the inch of its life and then to be charged a very premium price or its all just junk if doesn't meet those standards.

I mean it that I did get taken down many a time on reddit by smokers that know everything. There's more of them than us and tjat yhe issue. I just couldn't get through to any of them. I was branded a mids grower over and over and knew nothing.
No difference in Reddit or RIU! It's why I'm in neither place.

It's an interesting business model that reduces labor costs and more of the end product is sold as flower. You are correct that most people will just throw away the trim.

If I were to grow commercially now, it would have to be a boutique business model. Product quality and method of growing would have to be some the key selling points in the marketing plan. Finding that unique aspect in marketing your product would be critical.
One aspect the dispos have over us small farmers is they can have so many different strains in one location while we are more of small batch growing of a few strains.

The more I think about it the more it sounds attractive.
My only hang up is the trim is mine and I get the cream in the form of rosin and hash. But that's only because I've let my model alow it.
And I'm very a small operation compared to most.

I'm with you Bill if I was to go commercial I would be on a very similar path as you sir.
In fact I love the fact you've shown before and after pics of what they loose in the trim bin, Genius idea sir.

No difference in Reddit or RIU! It's why I'm in neither place.

I love my home cinema, reddit is great for decorating ideas and set ups.
It just so happens I found my self on one of the canna groups. A uk medical thread as it happened, not going back there in a hurry

Good morning afn...Hmm I woke up and won me... One of those Marshydro fc-3000 in the giveaway... Going right in my veg tent.... Let's see what this baby can do... Against my Hlg..... Hell ya what a good morning.....

Thought provoking @Sour D .....:pass:..cheers for sharing....

I Always compare canna to tomato plants...:watering:..if you can grow one..you can grow the other...

So I've always Wondered why we harvest the Whole plant in one go...the Maturity level between the end buds that get the most sun and the lower or inside bud is quite Different...:pass:...you would never harvest a tomato plant whole would you...?
i compare them more to pepper plants since mater plants can be stupid at times

One aspect the dispos have over us small farmers is they can have so many different strains in one location while we are more of small batch growing of a few strains.

Mmmm....But.....I can grow 20 females in a 20 ltr pot............that Could be 20 Dfferenet crosses per pot....my Norm is 4 pots per season....
Potentially 80 different crosses per season.....and I normally get away with 3 seasons per yer........:eyebrows:....

So, not wanting to infringe on their logo/name, I'm trying to come up with a name that puts the same idea across as Farm Cut but in different words...any ideas?

Gardeners Green.....:eyebrows:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back