Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a special solo cup stand you've made? If so kudos to you, that's frigging awesome
Yessir I work in a custom fab shop :thanks:

Good morning good evening and good night everyone:toke:

Thought provoking @Sour D .....:pass:..cheers for sharing....

I Always compare canna to tomato plants...:watering:..if you can grow one..you can grow the other...

So I've always Wondered why we harvest the Whole plant in one go...the Maturity level between the end buds that get the most sun and the lower or inside bud is quite Different...:pass:...you would never harvest a tomato plant whole would you...?

Interesting read that article especially on the farms working with each other. Love them for that.

My thoughts are that I don't deny some of there arguments not to trim. Most of is logical in the right situations but...

Are they charging you less for the weight. If I buy an oz I don't expect to be throwing away let's say 10% - 20% as shake. Yer like most people are going to save it to make into edibles. My ass, the average person will just throw it.
It's a great business model let the customer do your trimming. I think maybe that's all it is, a business model. They don't need to have all those extra cost of trimming and turning the shake into a product to sell.
Personal I think they are missing out on making into traditional hash then selling it as that years vintage a few years down the line, like a good wine. That's what I do.

It's an interesting subject to be had, I'm not totally against it. In fact I think it may become the norm at some point. It does make sense but the business models we have now wouldn't allow it. You only have to take the pulse of the average smokers on reddit to understand that it would take a generation to change those smokers.
Remember we are gardeners of the magic plant so we know the ways. It's hard to break the uneducated, I've tried. Should seen me get taken to the cleaners on reddit when I suggested that rock hard nugs is not the be all to end all.

Here's the link again peeps. Let's get everyone opinions on this. Best topic to LS this week.

https://hightimes.com/business/farm-cut-provides-a-model-for-cannabis-farming-and-collaboration/

Last edited:
Hi everyone :smokeout:
Im superhigh myself :pop:

I so wish I was but I'm on days tolerance break, I'm having a pheno tasting session tonight with some mates with my first breed project so keeping head clear for none tainted results.

Interesting read that article especially on the farms working with each other. Love them for that.

Oh how many Years we've tried to get the canna vendors the same.......:pass:

I think maybe that's all it is, a business model. They don't need to have all those extra cost of trimming and turning the shake into a product to sell.

Nor do We.......:pass:....

I Catch your Feelings.....................................................................................................BUT.......................................:eyebrows:....you Knew there was a But.................

I Think we need to de-mystify some canna practices...or at least Question them........from a Gardeners point of view......:watering:

Coz Gardeners Dig it Different.........:digit:...........:eyebrows:

Oh how many Years we've tried to get the canna vendors the same.......:pass:

Nor do We.......:pass:....

I Catch your Feelings.....................................................................................................BUT.......................................:eyebrows:....you Knew there was a But.................

I Think we need to de-mystify some canna practices...or at least Question them........from a Gardeners point of view......:watering:

Coz Gardeners Dig it Different.........:digit:...........:eyebrows:

It such an interesting topic to be discussed. Me and the misses have been getting deep into this suject this morning.

I'm so against what they call pro trimming, here's a pic of some pro trim I received from a famous Instagram grower... spot the tricomb heads I dare ya.

GridArt_20220215_094843112.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back