Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so wish I was but I'm on days tolerance break, I'm having a pheno tasting session tonight with some mates with my first breed project so keeping head clear for none tainted results.
I occasionally get odd looks when we tasting something new out back of the local watering hole, one puff and I'm done.....want to see how one hit does me to get a better judgement of it's potential.
And I think I may try that Farm Cut idea, just trim the fans and big sugars, package it at 9 or 10 grams a 1/4 so the customer will at least pause and think about it.....maybe start changing peoples minds.....heck, it was High Times that started the close trim craze anyways, used to be how it smelled that was the selling point, can't get smell from a picture so they started showing shaved buds in their mag.....and that's how it is now.

It such an interesting topic to be discussed. Me and the misses have been getting deep into this suject this morning.

I'm so against what they call pro trimming, here's a pic of some pro trim I received from a famous Instagram grower... spot the tricomb heads I dare ya.

View attachment 1482716
Yup, made me a spin trimmer last year, tried it once and saw how much was in the bottom of the bin, thought to myself "I'm stealing from my customers" and put it in the shed.

Good for you @Xmas ........ :pass: ...I've been on a Float myself this morning....the Frogs are starting to Sing........

That sounds just about wounderfull, hola at them from me :goauto::pass:

I so wish I was but I'm on days tolerance break, I'm having a pheno tasting session tonight with some mates with my first breed project so keeping head clear for none tainted results.

Okey, nice. Is it photos or autos that you are growing? :wiz:

It such an interesting topic to be discussed. Me and the misses have been getting deep into this suject this morning.

I'm so against what they call pro trimming, here's a pic of some pro trim I received from a famous Instagram grower... spot the tricomb heads I dare ya.

View attachment 1482716

Shocking huh....?.............. :pass: ...the Only reason I could Think to trim that close is so they can spray that bulking product on.....

If it is on clean bud hard to differentiate...but if it was sprayed on the Green....we'd all know.....:eyebrows:

I occasionally get odd looks when we tasting something new out back of the local watering hole, one puff and I'm done.....want to see how one hit does me to get a better judgement of it's potential.
And I think I may try that Farm Cut idea, just trim the fans and big sugars, package it at 9 or 10 grams a 1/4 so the customer will at least pause and think about it.....maybe start changing peoples minds.....heck, it was High Times that started the close trim craze anyways, used to be how it smelled that was the selling point, can't get smell from a picture so they started showing shaved buds in their mag.....and that's how it is now.

That great idea @Bill.de.Cat I think we shall do that to night.

Surprise surprise High Times started the trend, and I bet purely for photography purposes.
If remember rightly I didn't encounter full Trimmed weed until I started growing and researching for my self. Most I received still had suger leaf on. Especially back in the day of the Amsterdam important. None of that was overly trimmed.

That great idea @Bill.de.Cat I think we shall do that to night.

Surprise surprise High Times started the trend, and I bet purely for photography purposes.
If remember rightly I didn't encounter full Trimmed weed until I started growing and researching for my self. Most I received still had suger leaf on. Especially back in the day of the Amsterdam important. None of that was overly trimmed.
Looking up custom labels now for a test run on the idea.

Shocking huh....?.............. :pass: ...the Only reason I could Think to trim that close is so they can spray that bulking product on.....

If it is on clean bud hard to differentiate...but if it was sprayed on the Green....we'd all know.....:eyebrows:

Also I suppose it what hemisphere you operate in. If your very public and just a supplier then your customers will determine your finish product.
There's a whole generation out there that think weed should only be stones for nugs and Trimmed to the inch of its life and then to be charged a very premium price or its all just junk if doesn't meet those standards.

I mean it that I did get taken down many a time on reddit by smokers that know everything. There's more of them than us and tjat yhe issue. I just couldn't get through to any of them. I was branded a mids grower over and over and knew nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back