Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, been a while. Things got changed up on me a bit. Moved out of California early this year, am now in Oklahoma. Just pulled my first round of outdoor autos, fought weather, heat, new environment... didn't do terrible, didn't do great... For a new place, I'm ok with it. putting in round two out back today, which is now not a postage stamp like back in CA, but 20 acres.
Most of my indoor gear I dumped when i left Ca, didn't make sense to drag a 6 year old 100$ tent etc across the country. am now getting the things needed to run a 2x4 indoor starting in Oct. Don't need much more indoor space given my access to outdoor I'm guessing. I did bring my lights, so I'll have to rebuild them and downsize a little. Anyhow, things have been busy the last year with a trip back to find a place, then back to Ca to pack and move, then back. close to 8K miles. Then getting things set up once here, chickens, a few head of dexter cattle, etc.
The dogs sure love it here, and it looks like deer season will be taken care of on the property. anyhow, i'll get back on here more as I get things set up again and start the fall run.View attachment 1501728View attachment 1501732View attachment 1501734
That looks like a very nice spread you have stepped up to!!!

After using molasses the last week before harvest last grow i'm not a fan of the smell or the swinging ph in my res. not sure if it did anything than make me stress and do more work lol but i did end up with a very nice quality bud so maybe it helped (some?)

i would think brown sugar would work better than normal white sugar if you are going to use it.
You had nutes and microbes in your rez. The molasses fired up the microbes, they ate, and your pH plummeted.
I know the systems are different, but that's why I try to keep nutes outta my rez in an Earthbox. When I add molasses, specifically for the microbes already in the pot, I spray it on top of the media, just before I refil the rez, after a short dry, less than 24hrs.
Molasses has more valuable nutes than brown unrefined sugar and vastly more than refined.
What your adding the molasses for, is to feed the microbes that the plant stops/slows feeding them. The plant devotes that energy to growing the flower, trying to reproduce. The microbes will still feed the plant those micro nutes to the plant, silly microbes! :biggrin: :rofl:
If you can apply the water with molasses to the top, that would be a more effective way of getting that to the microbes.

That looks like a very nice spread you have stepped up to!!!

i keep waitin for the real owner to come along and kick me off!
house in CA sold right before the fed started upping the interest rate. not gonna lie, its a ton of work, the front 4 acres are mowed, thats about a 3 hr job, but worth it.

Be careful! After 10yrs living there, you become a native, legally and your DNA changes! :biggrin: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Much more so than in Cali, keep a sharp eye on the weather. Spring is the worst, but shit can pop up anytime!
Nice little place! Be the proper caretaker, that's all you really are. You don't 'own' it. Leave it better than ya found it!
I'm happy for ya. I think it was a good move for ya.

:biggrin: not native to Ca either, originally from KS, so more of a big circle to move next door, only took 50 years.... Am in the southeast, so just getting off the flat land, but yes will keep an eye on the weather! Best move of my life.
IMG_5888.jpg
IMG_5736.jpg
IMG_6232.jpg

With the led's available today passive air cooling works just fine with some very good efficiency ratings, remote mount the driver and there isn't a lot of heat produced. Water cooling would be a technology that would need led's and the housings to be purpose designed to get the most out of the system,,, and then tubing, a pump, a radiator and fan mounted outside the grow area..........much higher cost, complexity and a pain in the posterior imho, LOL
I can't see it being of any value to the home grower. The only thing you'd be removing heat from would be is the light fixture itself, with the driver outside the tent. Even if there was a design that cooled the light and the driver in the same housing. It would immensely increase the complexity of the build of the light itself. Not to mention the cooling of the fixture. It can't be a natural heat flow system. For something like that, the heat sink would have to be VERY large. Any kind of effecient system would have to have forced coolant flow. Good luck finding a viable pump on that scale! LOL!
A home grower would only be after the benefits of lower tent temps. I can do that with moving the driver outside the tent and lowering lung room temps.

I could see it possibly being viable on a commercial scale. What you'd be after is savings in air conditioning. Again, both the light design and installation would be very complicated. All that would need maintenance, All that costs $$$$$$$! That's a tall ass order! It would be a HUGE investment.
Would the ROI even be plausible? It's possible, but highly unlikely.

With the led's available today passive air cooling works just fine with some very good efficiency ratings, remote mount the driver and there isn't a lot of heat produced. Water cooling would be a technology that would need led's and the housings to be purpose designed to get the most out of the system,,, and then tubing, a pump, a radiator and fan mounted outside the grow area..........much higher cost, complexity and a pain in the posterior imho, LOL

Your humble opinion and mine.

Also, I need heat in the "drobe" during my winter basement grow, so efficiency ratings are pretty much meaningless for me as long as the girls get their DLI. If my lights didn't produce the heat, it would just mean more work for the electric heater. One reason I love my diy screw in arrays. :pighug:

I can't see it being of any value to the home grower. The only thing you'd be removing heat from would be is the light fixture itself, with the driver outside the tent. Even if there was a design that cooled the light and the driver in the same housing. It would immensely increase the complexity of the build of the light itself. Not to mention the cooling of the fixture. It can't be a natural heat flow system. For something like that, the heat sink would have to be VERY large. Any kind of effecient system would have to have forced coolant flow. Good luck finding a viable pump on that scale! LOL!
A home grower would only be after the benefits of lower tent temps. I can do that with moving the driver outside the tent and lowering lung room temps.

I could see it possibly being viable on a commercial scale. What you'd be after is savings in air conditioning. Again, both the light design and installation would be very complicated. All that would need maintenance, All that costs $$$$$$$! That's a tall ass order! It would be a HUGE investment.
Would the ROI even be plausible? It's possible, but highly unlikely.
Yup, I can't see any home grower needing a water cooled lighting setup, but I can see someone who thinks they need one and who builds a setup themselves as a hobby. I even tossed around the idea for about 15 milliseconds.......lol

Yup, I can't see any home grower needing a water cooled lighting setup, but I can see someone who thinks they need one and who builds a setup themselves as a hobby. I even tossed around the idea for about 15 milliseconds.......lol
Me like simple!

Your humble opinion and mine.

Also, I need heat in the "drobe" during my winter basement grow, so efficiency ratings are pretty much meaningless for me as long as the girls get their DLI. If my lights didn't produce the heat, it would just mean more work for the electric heater. One reason I love my diy screw in arrays. :pighug:

I absolutely agree about the need for heat in certain circumstances, I primarily grow during the fall, winter and spring and have the plants daytime during the night time, so some additional heat isn't a bad thing some times especially on those negative -15*f nights!

I'm likin' dis 3 Bears OG X Double Grape! Doesn't take much at all. Heavy hitter! Good mix of head/body. Pretty heady hit and builds nicely. Pain relief is fairly good. More hits, you need to be active. I lost two hours yesterday with 3BOG hits and carbs just after lunch time. Started watching something on Netflix. Next thing I see is the screen is asking me if I want to continue. :rofl: :rofl:
I'm just gonna have to squish sum!:eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back