Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @BigBudz2020 …….
@Mañ'O'Green is correct I have and use Photone app on iOS and I know it’s super accurate! The migro light dude even tested against an apogee meter and unless u run red/white diodes (need to multiply by 1.12 if so) but otherwise super close to expensive meter…..

Not sure about new version tho but when he initially tested it he said the android version wasn’t near as accurate as iOS for some reason!
Also it’s free to download it but only get Lux off the sun free with app but it cost me $5 to unlock full spectrum LED on it but highly worth it! Get ppfd then put in their calculator to see if your light schedule/ hanging height/ brightness needs to be changed up! Highly recommend it for sure! :d5:
Migro did a video on the app.. tested it against a par meter.

Looks like my dab rigs cousin View attachment 1367475

... he so drinking the water lol
Or my honey straw
BCD3A6EC-1F90-4B05-B3B8-424EBA6FD003.jpeg

Armadillos are a dammed huge pain! Even more so if you're organic. Like damn moles, they tear up your yard looking for worms and grubs. Blind as hell. but a good nose. They are MUCH faster and maneuverable that you would think.
I found a burrow the other day that I need to smoke out and get rid of it. They have been known to carry leprosy too. If I have to kill one I bury it and carry it with the shovel.
i see them and possums running around dallas looking for food at nights while working, sometimes i even see turkeys jump in and down from trees too

Sorry it got into your earthbox :eek:

Hey @BigBudz2020 …….
@Mañ'O'Green is correct I have and use Photone app on iOS and I know it’s super accurate! The migro light dude even tested against an apogee meter and unless u run red/white diodes (need to multiply by 1.12 if so) but otherwise super close to expensive meter…..

Not sure about new version tho but when he initially tested it he said the android version wasn’t near as accurate as iOS for some reason!
Also it’s free to download it but only get Lux off the sun free with app but it cost me $5 to unlock full spectrum LED on it but highly worth it! Get ppfd then put in their calculator to see if your light schedule/ hanging height/ brightness needs to be changed up! Highly recommend it for sure! :d5:
Nice to know. For now i just use the recommended hang heights and has been working so far but if i wanted to do par numbers i just use other peoples par/height reading of my lights on youtube, i measure my height and use my free par meter phone app, remember the number it says and i just translate 1000 to 600 or whatever it is.
Screenshot_20210916-221328_Google Play Store.jpg
Screenshot_20210916-221235_PPFD Meter.jpg

Looking to buy a camera as i don't enjoy using a phone very much.

Do any of you have any suggestions on a solid camera under $600 that would be a huge step up from a phone. I would like to take close up shots without auto focus in and out so some sort of swap style lens for different shots would be cool. i know nothing as i always figured phone were good enough over the years until i try to get some good plant and bud shots and got annoyed with autofocus

Is something like a Canon EOS Rebel T7 worth a damn? or should i just learn to use my phone better? thoughts?

Last edited:
On my search for these Expando Black Orchid Hydroponic Grow Tent Space Maximisers for a 4x4:

Amazon product

On the American side they don't exist so i was searching around and found these 3d printed pole mount pot things i thought someone here might want to maximize their tent with these things:

I'll keep looking as all i see are the gorilla high cfm kits. maybe diy is a option.

On my search for these Expando Black Orchid Hydroponic Grow Tent Space Maximisers for a 4x4:

Amazon product

On the American side they don't exist so i was searching around and found these 3d printed pole mount pot things i thought someone here might want to maximize their tent with these things:

I'll keep looking as all i see are the gorilla high cfm kits. maybe diy is a option.

I found this on the web it's similar to the Gorilla kit but diy, might save a few dollars.
1631861642020.png

Help! My tent walls are sucking in!

We have a simple solution for this common problem!

Build a Bracing Frame and increase the effective size of your tent!
It is important to maintain negative air pressure inside your grow space. This is accomplished by running an exhaust fan that is more powerful than the intake fan (or passive intake). Setting up your exhaust like this promotes airflow which is critical to manage heat and humidity. This set-up also allows you to control odor by connecting a carbon filter to your exhaust fan.

The Problem
If you grow inside a tent, the negative air pressure makes the walls of the tent pull in. This decreases the effective growing area inside your tent and can squeeze your plants.

The Solution
Build a PVC bracing frame and hang it from the top of your tent!

Supplies
Buy your PVC tubing and connectors locally, they are not a good bargain online.

• 1/2” PVC: This is best because it is rigid and light weight. You should get enough linear feet to go completely around your tent. For a 4’x4’ tent you will need 16’ of PVC.
  • 90* connectors: You will need four 90 degree connectors. Get the slip connectors. They fit snuggly. You do not need any adhesive for this application.
  • PVC pipe cutter: If you don’t already have a PVC pipe cutter then this is not the only reason to get one. Obviously it will come in handy to cut the PVC during this project, but PVC pipe cutters are also great at cutting bamboo (used for plant supports) and for cutting down the plant at harvest time. This is a decent pipe cutter and a good price.
  • Rope, twine, or ratchet pulleys: I have a few extra ratchet pulleys that I bought for my lights and I use them to attach the frame to the top bars in the tent. As a cheaper alternative you could use rope or twine.
The Process
You want to cut the frame to be as wide as the interior of the tent. I have a four-foot by four-foot tent, and you might think that the interior measurement is 48 inches, but it is only 45”. However, my frame is 46” wide. It actually pushes the tent apart by an extra inch.

To determine the exact size for your frame you will have to do a little trial and error. Make your initial cuts slightly large and then cut down to size if needed. PVC is great because you can easily trim it down to size.

My frame does not come all the way to the front of my tent, because I do not use the front section for my plants. As a result, I have to tie the frame to the back vertical supports. If I didn’t secure the frame to the back wall, the negative air pressure would pull the back wall in and push the frame forward. Since the frame spans side to side, the pressure on the two walls equalize and the frame does not move side to side.

I found this on the web it's similar to the Gorilla kit but diy, might save a few dollars.
View attachment 1367618
Help! My tent walls are sucking in!

We have a simple solution for this common problem!

Build a Bracing Frame and increase the effective size of your tent!
It is important to maintain negative air pressure inside your grow space. This is accomplished by running an exhaust fan that is more powerful than the intake fan (or passive intake). Setting up your exhaust like this promotes airflow which is critical to manage heat and humidity. This set-up also allows you to control odor by connecting a carbon filter to your exhaust fan.

The Problem
If you grow inside a tent, the negative air pressure makes the walls of the tent pull in. This decreases the effective growing area inside your tent and can squeeze your plants.

The Solution
Build a PVC bracing frame and hang it from the top of your tent!

Supplies
Buy your PVC tubing and connectors locally, they are not a good bargain online.

• 1/2” PVC: This is best because it is rigid and light weight. You should get enough linear feet to go completely around your tent. For a 4’x4’ tent you will need 16’ of PVC.
  • 90* connectors: You will need four 90 degree connectors. Get the slip connectors. They fit snuggly. You do not need any adhesive for this application.
  • PVC pipe cutter: If you don’t already have a PVC pipe cutter then this is not the only reason to get one. Obviously it will come in handy to cut the PVC during this project, but PVC pipe cutters are also great at cutting bamboo (used for plant supports) and for cutting down the plant at harvest time. This is a decent pipe cutter and a good price.
  • Rope, twine, or ratchet pulleys: I have a few extra ratchet pulleys that I bought for my lights and I use them to attach the frame to the top bars in the tent. As a cheaper alternative you could use rope or twine.
The Process
You want to cut the frame to be as wide as the interior of the tent. I have a four-foot by four-foot tent, and you might think that the interior measurement is 48 inches, but it is only 45”. However, my frame is 46” wide. It actually pushes the tent apart by an extra inch.

To determine the exact size for your frame you will have to do a little trial and error. Make your initial cuts slightly large and then cut down to size if needed. PVC is great because you can easily trim it down to size.

My frame does not come all the way to the front of my tent, because I do not use the front section for my plants. As a result, I have to tie the frame to the back vertical supports. If I didn’t secure the frame to the back wall, the negative air pressure would pull the back wall in and push the frame forward. Since the frame spans side to side, the pressure on the two walls equalize and the frame does not move side to side.
My tent (wall) as its only 1 side of it haha is sucking in from my wife's stuffed animal collection pushing into my 4x4 that is right next to my bed not so much the neg pressure thing, i was wanting the expando thingys because they push outwards on the tent giving more space for the plants that are on the edges and end up growing branches into the wall of the tent. The bottom vents of the 4x4 and my 6 inch ac infinity do great at what they do for me so far.

Thanks for sharing though that is a nice cheap alternative way for those with sucking in walls to neg pressure

I'm thinking 2 shovels duct taped together and zip tied to the poles might do the job but they might rip the canvas and how do explain why I'm buying 8 shovels haha, maybe a thick plastic rake would be better, something that flips outwards on both ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back