Indoor Down the KNF Rabbit Hole

They do. Not really showing oily like the Copacabana but I'm happy. Still thinking the left one is flowering earlier cause I let her grow au natural? First one of grown this way.
I bet that's the reason! That one sure has a thick main stem.

Day 64 Daiquiri Lime
Day 64 Daiquiri Lime
Ah yes, the non twins.
The one on the left is getting fatter and building trichs. She looks like she might finish at her alleged 77 days.
The one on the right-idk whats going on her. She seems to have doubled in size in 2 days. Still no budding.
One weirdo is both have gone from dark green to more of a lime? green.

20211010_8926-LimeD-1 copy.jpg

Durban Sunrise Day 1
VENDOR: Twenty20

STRAIN: Durban Sunrise

CONTAINER: Large SIP

SOIL BASE: Coast of Maine Bar Harbor, COM Lobster Compost, Worm Castings, Red Wriggler Wotms

SOIL CYCLE: 1

NUTRITION: Humic Acid, Soybean Amino Acids, Leaf FPE, Root Beer, Fish Amino Acids, Full Bloom Ferment, WSC, Langbeinit and a few minor actors.

LIGHTS: Viparspectra XS2000

SEED TO HARVEST:

GERM DATE:10/11/21

HARVEST DATE:

DRY WEIGHT:

3 seeds went into h20/h202 on the 11th. Went into coffee filter the 12th and planted in SIP the 14th. 2 of them seem very excited to get going. 1---not so much. I'll let her languish for a bit more and if she pops, I got a special place for her.
One thing I've noticed since changing to the knf thing is the main stems don't seem as thick and they appear to be a little slower getting going compared to when I was using the Homegrown Microbe Bokashi. So I'm going to add a bit of it to the water.
All for now
D

20211014_DurbSun_8933-1 copy.jpg

@Twenty20 Adam

RIP Daiquiri Lime
Day 77
Since there wasn't a single sign of budding, I decided the topped gal was not an auto and chopped her down. I had the same issue with a Copacabana gal.
The one that I let go natural showed 15-20% amber so she got dropped and is hanging. I think she did well considering both plants were in 5 gals of soil.

20211018_lime_9008-gd copy.jpg
20211019_lime2_9043-gd copy.jpg

Durban Sunrise 2nd try
The first try with Durban Sunrise, I got the germed seeds planted and on the 2nd day, I woke to find they had disappeared! I don't know what but something was hungry. Now the weather is cooling down and the bugs are starting to die off. This time I put the germies into solo cups (actually paper coffee cups.Week after week when we have to cleanup the spectator and pit areas, there is just sooo much plastic on the ground. Trying to be a little more green.) All 3 seeds popped. Picture is from Day 7. The plan is to plant 1 & 2 into 27 gallon sip and since 3 is a bit leggy, I'm gonna try her as my first from scratch bonzai. I'll transplant 1 &2 tomorrow and probably wait a week to see how long the roots are on #3
All for now
D

20211031_0016-MidWid copy.jpg

@Twenty20 Adam

Durban Sunrise Day 21
I wish I could say the past week was all nice and peaceful. Instead it was more like a nuclear attack.

20211113_0221-DurSun copy.jpg

Cool weather got the damn ants thinking they could move inside. Tryin all kinds of traps and constant spraying. I "think" I finally got a handle on them. The girls seem like they may be about a week behind but otherwise ok. The mix of soap/cider vinegar and baking soda doesn't seem to have harmed them but I think it did kill off the nematodes. Not sure yet if it affected the worms. I'll have to treat em to an avocado.

20211113_0215-DurSun copy.jpg

All for now
D

That's a nice picture you made there dude!

Check out Jeremy's latest vid on the 10X10 where are you talking about using ferments.
Check out what he says about adding a ferment to the reservoir and tell me what you think.
At that particular stage with them drinking so much water and what he was adding was so weak and very little actual nutritional value, I would think it would be fine. I just want to try to keep that water and feed root systems separated as much as possible.
Other than that, it's a good video as usual.

That's a nice picture you made there dude!

Check out Jeremy's latest vid on the 10X10 where are you talking about using ferments.
Check out what he says about adding a ferment to the reservoir and tell me what you think.
At that particular stage with them drinking so much water and what he was adding was so weak and very little actual nutritional value, I would think it would be fine. I just want to try to keep that water and feed root systems separated as much as possible.
Other than that, it's a good video as usual.
I'll have to look that up again. I remember seeing it but can't at the moment remember which one. I do hope that next round he does some autos as I do feel there are some significant differences between the 2.

I'll have to look that up again. I remember seeing it but can't at the moment remember which one. I do hope that next round he does some autos as I do feel there are some significant differences between the 2.
I agree! There are some significant differences between the 2.

Durban Sunrise pt2 Day 1
Durban Sunrise pt2 Day 1
Since I already have a box going with 2 DS in it, I'm going to try 1 in one big box. It's been a bit of a pain running 2 gals to a box and where they get so crowded, I'm not sure I'm really getting that much more- if any.
Seems I've been getting a number of small seeds lately and just getting them going has been painful. The pack of Durbans I got are mostly good size and even good color.
I put 1 in water for 24 hrs, then coffee filter for 2 days and voila! This is how I like to seeds germ. About 3/4" taproot and shell is nicely opened.

20211121_durban 2_1531 copy.jpg

20211121_durban 2_1525 copy.jpg

All for now
D

@Twenty20 Adam

Back