Indoor Down the KNF Rabbit Hole

Day 31 Daiquiri Lime
Day 31 Daiquiri Lime
These 2 are coming along quite nicely. About time to give the topped girl her first trim. I've started slowly lst'ing the natural one as I can see her height most likely will cause some issues with the light. Time to re-amend the top soil

20210905_8804-DL-1 copy.jpg

Day 31 Snow G
Day 31 Snow G
Weeeelllllll, they are looking healthy, however in the last 3 weeks, the tallest has only grown 3". Rather than waste a lot of time, space and nutes, I've decided to give a shot at bonsai. If it works, they should make a couple of neat Xmas gifts

20210905_8828-SnoG-1 copy.jpg

@Twenty20 Adam

Recharge Pie
Som
Day 31 Daiquiri Lime
These 2 are coming along quite nicely. About time to give the topped girl her first trim. I've started slowly lst'ing the natural one as I can see her height most likely will cause some issues with the light. Time to re-amend the top soil

View attachment 1363565
Some recharge pie. Lobster compost, worm castings, bokashi, BAS Craft blend, spray it down with EM1 and cover it for 2 days. Pull back the straw and done. I used to put some other stuff in there but since using this knf stuff, I'm not seeing the need.

20210908_recharge_8804 copy.jpg

Som

Some recharge pie. Lobster compost, worm castings, bokashi, BAS Craft blend, spray it down with EM1 and cover it for 2 days. Pull back the straw and done. I used to put some other stuff in there but since using this knf stuff, I'm not seeing the need.

View attachment 1364553
I did the same thing this week to my totes with cooking media. No lobster compost though. I'm gonna have to see if I can get some crawdad scraps from the local hole in da wall. I wonder if ya could chop up the scraps and ferment it? Not too unlike FAA, but better.

I did the same thing this week to my totes with cooking media. No lobster compost though. I'm gonna have to see if I can get some crawdad scraps from the local hole in da wall. I wonder if ya could chop up the scraps and ferment it? Not too unlike FAA, but better.
I don't live that good as to be able to make lobster compost.lol. I get it from Coast of Maine via True Value ship to store. I'd think the main issue with crawdads might be the water source they come from. Unless you're actually referring to shrimp.

I don't live that good as to be able to make lobster compost.lol. I get it from Coast of Maine via True Value ship to store. I'd think the main issue with crawdads might be the water source they come from. Unless you're actually referring to shrimp.
I could see heavy metals developing, depending on where they were sourced. This place uses farm raised crayfish/crawdads.
If ya got some that people didn't suck the heads, you'd have some good protein and fat. I wonder how well the shell would break down.

I could see heavy metals developing, depending on where they were sourced. This place uses farm raised crayfish/crawdads.
If ya got some that people didn't suck the heads, you'd have some good protein and fat. I wonder how well the shell would break down.
Heavy metals is what I was mainly thinking. Down here in FL I'd be a bit concerned about all the fertilizer runoff from big sugar and orange and who knows what these corporate weed farms are using
You thinking of using shells in the extract? using vinegar like with eggshells? or just crush and add to soil?

Heavy metals is what I was mainly thinking. Down here in FL I'd be a bit concerned about all the fertilizer runoff from big sugar and orange and who knows what these corporate weed farms are using
You thinking of using shells in the extract? using vinegar like with eggshells? or just crush and add to soil?
IF there is enough fat and meat left, I think you could add sugar and ferment the concoction. The one thing that could make it work better is adding EM1.once it's saturated with sugar. It would have to be fully filled in a container to keep the air out and vent the gasses from the ferment. The Ph should drop to around 3.5 to 4.0 if it works. That should dissolve the shell. Maybe pineapple should be added, like in fish, to help it go quicker?
Maybe I'll post up on the discord and ask the question.

Day 40 Daiquiri Lime
Day 40 Daiquiri Lime
Wow. Outside of the shape and size of the fan leaves, you would think these were 2 different strains. The one on the left is gangly and budding. One on the right- leaves and stems are close together. I do need to do some trimming on her. Even though they don't seem to get stressed, it would seem that topping does put them a week behind au naturel. Otherwise, all is good.
All for now
D

20210913_lime_8838-1 copy.jpg

@DutchPassionTony

The budding is different too!
Are you adding humic acid to your rez when watering?

Back