Photoperiod McDee's Malawi Madness

They're OK, something isn't completely right tho. They seem to have to much nitrogen. Ph is good, they look a little dark to me and the 1 on the left has some downward clawing. I gave them pH'd plain water Monday. I will do the same next watering as well. Growth is slow could be from temps too 73/63 °F, but don't know. Light is 20" from them its about 65% full power. My humidity is low which is bad. I have some water in cups in the tent. I don't want to use my humidifier because I have a lot of power being used already. I have the heater on almost all day. I would have heater, fan, and humidifier all plugged into 1 extension cord which is not a good idea. So gotta use cups which isn't really working lol. I put the net up on Sunday, and not much has happened. Although I did top the bigger 1 a 2nd time, and the other had some room to grow before it hit the net. Something just feels off, and I can't put my finger on it. Here they are let me know if you see what I'm missing.

20230111_130600.jpg
20230111_130638.jpg
20230111_130658.jpg
20230111_130704.jpg
20230111_130745.jpg

The last pic you can see the downward clawing. It a little hard to see in the pic, the way the leaf was it was hard to get a good shot. At 1st I thought it was the light was to strong, but these come from the equator. That would be a bad place for a light sensitive strain lol.

Stay lifted

:baked:

Last edited:
I’m gonna guess it’s the heat. Being a sativa from Africa I’m sure she likes it warm. Getting down to 63 at lights off will def put her into slow mode. I switched both my Tents to 12/12. Smaller tent could’ve used another couple days but it’s all good.

I can’t wait to see what these things do when u flip to 12/12. I have them waiting on deck possibly.

I can’t wait to see what these things do when u flip to 12/12. I have them waiting on deck possibly.
Well, they need to be ready by Feb. Before that I'm gonna vist the infirmary 1st. Something is off, and I want to see if they can pinpoint it. I want to get a soil pH reading before I go there, I'm sure they will ask. I know the cold is slowing them, but will it make them not look right? If it just the cold not much I can do. My luck I'll flip them, and then they'll take off and out grow the room I have lol.

Last edited:
Well, they need to be ready by Feb. Before that I'm gonna vist the infirmary 1st. Something is off, and I want to see if they can pinpoint it. I want to get a soil pH reading before I go there, I'm sure they will ask. I know the cold is slowing them, but will it make them not look right? If it just the cold not much I can do. My luck I'll flip them, and then they'll take off and out grow the room I have lol.
I think they look pretty good from the last pic u posted.

I think they look pretty good from the last pic u posted.
The top leaves are canoeing, and the color is a little blotchy. Hard to tell I will take a close up to show. Could it be from the foliar spary I gave them??? Not sure not if that's a possibility just started using it the last few grows. Never use the pro mix HP before either so could be a factor too. I tell you what the HP ain't joking, it drains like a mother lol. It doesn't hold water anywhere close to the BX. I don't think I'm gonna have a even canopy tho. Some of the branches have a ways to go, and not sure if I can wait for them. I wanted to get an auto grown in after this 1. I'm going be gone for like 3-4 days in July so doing the math they need to go into flower like NOW. I don't think they will be ready for 2-3weeks at the rate they're going. Is what it is I guess... I need to step back, and remind myself I'm growing a legendary strain things aren't that bad lol. I tell ya what tho, I won't try and grow this again in the winter that's for sure hahaha. Stay lifted bud.

:baked:

@Mizzo81

20230115_222502.jpg
20230115_222436.jpg

Sorry not sure why they're sideways wouldn't flip. They don't look right to me, but I don't know what the issue is either. So I need someone with more experience to help. I mixed my silica, and A & B, and epsom salt. I will add them tomorrow, and feed them tomorrow night. I will get a runoff pH, and post in the infirmary see what they say.

How often do u water

I am not good enough to pin point issues. Are you still running the 2g A/B/MKP/ 1.2g Epsom formula?

Back