Hey,
Check this out!
I’m a bit af a maniac with nifty electronic and otherwise neat sh1t.
For under 20 bucks I built this. Pardon the ugly mess, I will mount it and all but this is just a proof of concept as it were. I’m using 16x16 WS2812b LED panels and an ESP32 microcontroller with WLED flashed on it. I also have a digital mic attached for sound response. What a hoot! WLED has dozens of different patterns, runs in a browser, and is free!

I tend to go for hot temp dabs when I want to get extra high. Most of the time I heat my quartz till its red, then let it cool until theres no more color. Then let it rip! This works well for me. I just checked the temp. It was 1000f red hot. About 800 when I dab. 15 seconds from red its 600. Good to know. :pass:

Most of the time I heat my quartz till its red
:face: You're severely degrading the quartz by heating that hot. I get liking hot dabs but no need to go that far I think if you just heated up to 700-800 max you'd see a difference in how long you quartz stays nice before getting all cloudy and burnt up.

:face: You're severely degrading the quartz by heating that hot. I get liking hot dabs but no need to go that far I think if you just heated up to 700-800 max you'd see a difference in how long you quartz stays nice before getting all cloudy and burnt up.
Probably. But my nectar collector is only $30 bucks. I've had this one for 3 years and heated thousands of times. I heat it with a torch so knowing what temp it is would require using a temp gun while in heating. Not convenient. Heating to red gives me a reference to temp without using a gun.
20240711_163553.jpg

20240711_163956.jpg

Probably. But my nectar collector is only $30 bucks. I've had this one for 3 years and heated thousands of times. I heat it with a torch so knowing what temp it is would require using a temp gun while in heating. Not convenient. Heating to red gives me a reference to temp without using a gun.
View attachment 1693517
View attachment 1693518
If you're interested in something I use to temp my nails easily check out the terpometer. It's a dab tool with a built in thermometer for temping. Works great!

View attachment 1693517
View attachment 1693518

Yeah I hear ya that's why I always counted my heating time cool down time which also allows the heat to disperse through the glass evenly. Just thought I'd mention I know I didn't know that when I first started. I always heated my bangers clean till I realized I was destroying the quartz by doing so:toke::lildab:

Back