Whole house pretty much. Just about every wall has lead paint, with newer paint over it, but it’s cracking in some areas… ceilings too.

I stayed in a cabin on a lake in Maine for a summer, and it had knotty pine everywhere and I loved it. I figured that’s a better way to cover lead paint than more paint… and maybe a bit of an affordable upgrade…

Wutchoo think? :pass: Any alternative ideas….

View attachment 1708661

:devil:When it comes to wood, the naughtier the better

Now that you mention it…. It’s probably considered a bungalow…
1727150055447.gif

Those are pretty much blank slate houses. Those are at the end of the craftsman/bungalow style. If there’s no distinct craftsman styles, sky is the limit. As far as knotty pine, depending on what you like, I would do more than an accent wall in it.
Plaster walls or drywall?
Also, get on a site called Houzz and search 1940s homes. Attach words in search modern, bungalow, classic, contemporary, rustic, etc.. Can just do a regular search with that as well and go to images. There's a million sites with ideas for whatever style you can think of. Even if it's limited to what you wanna do, do your homework, then do some more... Snap some pics of stuff you like and I can give ya lower budget ideas and bougie or bougie on a budget no matter what the style you like. Maine cabin might be a little much in the middle of oK unless you were on a lake or river. You can do some cabiny style things, but whole house would be too much in my opinion.

Wainscoting is easy and gives a big visual. Can be done in any style as well. Ultra modern to colonial and anything in between

There’s a lot of worm holes to go down, but I’m pretty good at steering people in the right direction once I find out what they like. Also pretty blunt on telling people it would look like shit!

Snap some pics and dm me or dm me and I'll give ya an email. Been itching to do a project lately anyway, so don't mind helping at all. You can do more yourself than you think.

Maine cabin might be a little much in the middle of oK
Yeah, this was kind of a concern…

I’ll look at some examples, get some ideas… and let you know. I have zero experience, I’m just going for it and hoping not to fuck anything up too bad :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

….subfloors will get done eventually… but I’m trying not to think about it right now :rofl::pass:

Yeah, this was kind of a concern…

I’ll look at some examples, get some ideas… and let you know. I have zero experience, I’m just going for it and hoping not to fuck anything up too bad :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

….subfloors will get done eventually… but I’m trying not to think about it right now :rofl::pass:
1727150911136.gif

Was the plaster in good condition? Not harpin on as whatever floats your boat, but being somewhat of a preservationist, personally would have kept the plaster. There are ways to get rid of drafts and any airborne contamination would be negligible if not disturbed as in ripping it out. You pretty much gotta be snakin on paint chips or long term exposure of airborne particulates from workin with it on the regular
There were some sections of plaster I could have kept but a lot was cracked and falling off the wood lath. I got rid of the dropped ceilings that had lots of broken plaster fallen on top. I did even dumber stuff when I was young. Mixing asbestos powder as a thickener in polyester resin was the norm in industrial fiberglass work I did before we knew it caused cancer. I used asbestos powder mixed into epoxy or vinyl ester resins in boatbuilding and repair too. I recall half a century ago sleeping in a cabin at sea with a leaky exhaust pipe running through it, wrapped in asbestos, and a few hundred bales of Colombian in the cargo hold. I'm kind of amazed I survived these 73 years. I do get a little out of breath after a while when jogging lately. A brisk walk for 5 miles is no problem though, did that Saturday and again Sunday, jogging part way.

I’m just going for it and hoping not to fuck anything up too bad

i've been followin this, and tbh, at this point, i think u'd be much better off jus buyin a set o' lincoln logz & callin it good....jus my 2 ctz :thumbsup: ppp

Back