:pass:I grew up in Flint LOL

Did u ever go?? :eyebrows::rofl:

1727146467195.gif

1727146511280.gif

In my 1880 house I tore out the old plaster & lath walls and woodwork and replaced them with drywall and pine or vinyl trim. I did use an old 12" furnace blower in the closest window to suck the dust clouds outside, and wore a respirator. That was well before I took a class in "lead-safe work practices." Ignorance is bliss. It hasn't affected me that I could tell. My ITP, CLL and RAD are probably from something else? Anyway, they say that painting over the old lead-based paint is enough to seal in the lead, but I'd rather have it gone. Any paint eventually deteriorates and starts flaking. I'd think that lead dust from old paint behind T&G paneling could seep out through cracks, especially on those windy nights in this drafty old house. Just my 2 cents. Lead poisoning is mostly an issue for kids up to 6 years old, when little brains are still developing.
Was the plaster in good condition? Not harpin on as whatever floats your boat, but being somewhat of a preservationist, personally would have kept the plaster. There are ways to get rid of drafts and any airborne contamination would be negligible if not disturbed as in ripping it out. You pretty much gotta be snakin on paint chips or long term exposure of airborne particulates from workin with it on the regular

Super score! The lady that came and sold her cookies on Saturday didn’t leave any of hers as samples but she came back tonight and brought my mom a box to sample! :eyebrows::headbang::rofl:

CE8E7B8E-7502-4A65-898A-CD9179CD9232.jpeg

And my parents barely eat sweets so they literally split a pumpkin snickerdoodle (only one she brought tho :() but i will prob be able to eat as many as i want of whats left! I like sweets but don’t eat large quantities at a time so likely they will go stale before they are gone! Especially since not a fan of standard chocolate chunk ones and over 1/2 the box is that 1 flavor! Then some iced shortbread cookies and a couple triple chocolate ones and couple regular snickerdoodles! Not bad since was a surprise she was even bringing them!
image.jpg

I realized the snickerdoodles lady left other day were only part dairy free and some were made with standard butter but the dairy free were bomb! Think they were made with plant butter but i had no idea til i saw the df written on the wrapper! :thumbsup:

1940’s brick ranch…. Less than 1000 square feet..
Those are pretty much blank slate houses. Those are at the end of the craftsman/bungalow style. If there’s no distinct craftsman styles, sky is the limit. As far as knotty pine, depending on what you like, I would do more than an accent wall in it.
Plaster walls or drywall?

Those are pretty much blank slate houses. Those are at the end of the craftsman/bungalow style. If there’s no distinct craftsman styles, sky is the limit. As far as knotty pine, depending on what you like, I would do more than an accent wall in it.
Plaster walls or drywall?
It drywall…. I was thinking about doing the entire house…. Although the kitchen and bathroom would have other stuff too…

Back