so I ordered a bunch of privacy trees to get started… :headbang:

What did you get? If you know the species/variety. I'm partial to Thujas myself. Got several along our back treeline. They grow good everywhere and fast. Ordered off this website a few times, good stock with everything I've gotten. They sometimes look dead and spindly but every single thing I've gotten has sprung to life and been a great plant.

@Frankthetank What kind of trees did you get? Leylend cypress? Green Thuja?
I got a few baby giant arborvitae, and a bunch of emerald green arborvitae…. This should do about half of the area I need to do something with…. And I’m figuring out what I want to do with the rest…. Probably a few more trees, and maybe a shed/workshop….. plus a cover over the patio… :pass:

What did you get? If you know the species/variety. I'm partial to Thujas myself. Got several along our back treeline. They grow good everywhere and fast. Ordered off this website a few times, good stock with everything I've gotten. They sometimes look dead and spindly but every single thing I've gotten has sprung to life and been a great plant.

This is where I ordered from :headbang::headbang::pass:good sales right now…

I went with the shorter varieties since it’s a pretty small yard, and the super tall ones would have been too much shade… the ones I got top out around 15’ or so, rather than 50’ :pass:

Was looking for a video I saw of green thuja somewhere in France or England, but can't seem to find it. Things are 200+ years old and beyond massive. It's some old estate kinda place and it's a giant wall. The landscaper guy has to rent a 60' cherry picker to trim the things. Will post if I find it

Since we're talking growing other stuff, these popped up in the feed. Lights made from hemp and shrooms. Pretty neat

Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 7.08.11 PM.png

Back