Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your saying I got spider mites?
I had a plague of spider mites on every grow since I let my first plants fraternize with the outdoor cucumbers. I was able to keep them down by spraying with citric acid + castille soap, and vacuuming tents off the colas with a shop-vac. At harvest I had to rinse the soap off by dipping in a bucket of water. My current grow is the first one where the mites didn't show up (Shhhh!). Before this grow I took a 3-month break and thoroughly cleaned the grow space. Here's what the adults looked like at 50x magnification:
mitezoids2.gif

I had a plague of spider mites on every grow since I let my first plants fraternize with the outdoor cucumbers. I was able to keep them down by spraying with citric acid + castille soap, and vacuuming tents off the colas with a shop-vac. At harvest I had to rinse the soap off by dipping in a bucket of water. My current grow is the first one where the mites didn't show up (Shhhh!). Before this grow I took a 3-month break and thoroughly cleaned the grow space. Here's what the adults looked like at 50x magnification:
View attachment 1493852
They don't look like that....thanks

View attachment 1493852
@Mara Cachafa, those are Two Spotted Mites. @Tattoochase 's look to be ordinary White Mites. They are common across the globe, I've seen them up close and personal....many times. The second comparison photo I posted is the Two Spotted. The first, is a common White Mite.
View attachment 1493766

View attachment 1493770
View attachment 1493771

On a side note, some species of White Mites are actually predatory to Thrips.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back