Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does a carbon filter last? I just walked out and back in the house and realized that I either have a leak or the filter’s not working well. I have 2 on the tent in a push-pull configuration where I have one blower with a filter in the tent being pulled through and one outside the tent being pushed through. These are about a year old.
Can depend. But not more than a year if used all the time. From what i herd.

Can depend. But not more than a year if used all the time. From what i herd.
About a year but you can refresh them once they stop working, i take mine and beat it with a stick to loosen up the shit blocking the filter from working. if the smell is getting through i have seen guides on youtube for refreshing them i have not had 1 fail like that yet, only failure due to particle blockage.

About a year but you can refresh them once they stop working, i take mine and beat it with a stick to loosen up the shit blocking the filter from working. if the smell is getting through i have seen guides on youtube for refreshing them i have not had 1 fail like that yet, only failure due to particle blockage.
You can change the flange around as well that helps. Ive even herd just giving it a 180 degree rotation can help as well. If you dont take it all a part and what not.

You can change the flange around as well that helps. Ive even herd just giving it a 180 degree rotation can help as well. If you dont take it all a part and what not.
I was measuring them for replacement when I realized that the duct tape I had connecting them to the hose had come loose. Duct tape engineering can be both the cause and solution!:funny:

Good morfnoevight All!

I've been using 50 ml of MCT oil with 7 grams of decarbed bud. Heat to 180°F for an hour to infuse. After straining I got 20 or 25 ml of infused oil. A half ml per dose does me.

I decarbed the bud in the oven for 2 hours at 240°F first. Maybe you could decarb after infusing, i dunno.

If you are going to use your cannabis in oil do the extraction first then decarb the oil. I use a Magic Butter Machine for all oil extractions then I put the filtered oil in a mason jar and decarb in an oil bath at 252°F for 27 minutes.

The Flavor is FAR superior to bud that is decarbed prior to extraction.

MoG uses the bud candy thru his drip setup so quite sure molasses will be fine! Just heat the jar up to thin it out before u measure it! Then it’ll mix really easy! I’d use an empty 1gal milk jug to shake it up in and then add to reservoir once it’s mixed good! :d5:

First I have a 90 micron filter in line before it goes through my Pressure compensating drip emitters. Then I use Yucca Powder to help keep the emitters clean. I use both AN Bud Candy (a Liquid) and NPK Industies RAW Cane Molasses (a dry product). I do not have any problems with cloggs.

Molasses.jpg

How long does a carbon filter last? I just walked out and back in the house and realized that I either have a leak or the filter’s not working well. I have 2 on the tent in a push-pull configuration where I have one blower with a filter in the tent being pulled through and one outside the tent being pushed through. These are about a year old.

My filters last two years. I wash the pre-filter between each grow. Then after about 15 months I switch the can ends. They unscrew.

2021-06-13_13-00-17.png

I was measuring them for replacement when I realized that the duct tape I had connecting them to the hose had come loose. Duct tape engineering can be both the cause and solution!:funny:
Lol easy fix then. I used to use the shiny aluminum tape but its a pain in the ass when you got to take shit apart. Now im a hose clamp kinda guy. Easy clean and looks better imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back