Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jul-Sep '22

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to supply your own alcohol as well....I got as high a % as I could find...the 420 extractor alcohol is made sepcificly for this type of extraction....
word of warning, it is a process of setup, getting it going, tear down and cleaning......being glassware it is breakable
One wants to keep in mind that alcohol fumes can be ignited. By anything red hot, for example. Like an electric stove element.

One needs to pay attention to operation and setup, the consequences of screwups with any still can be serious. :pighug:

For one you get much less, if any chlorophyll… plus you’re not adding a solvent to your delicious brownie mix :pass:
I suspect you are right about the chlorophyll. I use alcohol to extract my trim, but remove all the alcohol in a still, and use the remaining concentrate to make oil tincture. I'll have to test the taste difference between the extract and rosin from the same plant when I do the next round.

One wants to keep in mind that alcohol fumes can be ignited. By anything red hot, for example. Like an electric stove element.

One needs to pay attention to operation and setup, the consequences of screwups with any still can be serious. :pighug:
Set up I bought came with hotplate.....no exposed element or exposed flame..

I have been just using the alcohol tincture on store bought cookies......about an hour and the alcohol has evaped and I don't notice any bad taste......this time around actually going to make cookies ( store bought brownie mix) and will double boiler the tincture into butter and evape it that way......

I suspect you are right about the chlorophyll. I use alcohol to extract my trim, but remove all the alcohol in a still, and use the remaining concentrate to make oil tincture. I'll have to test the taste difference between the extract and rosin from the same plant when I do the next round.
I do both veggie oil extraction for edibles and gdt for sleep meds. If you do it right, basically not overly disturbing it, you can extract straight from plant material into the oil with zero discoloration of the oil….it’s got a slight weed taste but is covered up by the delicious brownie ingredients. My gdt on the other hand tastes like death :rofl:

I do both veggie oil extraction for edibles and gdt for sleep meds. If you do it right, basically not overly disturbing it, you can extract straight from plant material into the oil with zero discoloration of the oil….it’s got a slight weed taste but is covered up by the delicious brownie ingredients. My gdt on the other hand tastes like death :rofl:
I tried just using an eyedropper in my mouth......hell no190 proof is too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back