Indoor GG's Giant Greens

I looked at them monday in the bag and they were still wet. The long dry time tells my the trichs are heavy inside there, although the RH has been up in the house with 2 weeks of rain. They smell 100% pine when I sniffed my fingers and while trimming. They were not distinct but grassy in the bag, and dried somewhat whispy and loose. The big batch will likely hold form and density better. I just did the finish trim, and the lowers weighed at 32 grams going into cure. that's 1.1 Oz.

:biggrin:

The buds on plant have settled into mostly earthy pine, and the sour is gone on this one too. She is hanging in there, not much change in the last week. I've started adding only water, and the PPM is "down" to 1000. I thought I'd do a semi-flush on it by just lowering it as she finishes and I can stick my solo cup on that big rez and drop another bean!. I don't like the last week flush people do, pop22 is right, and I can prove it.

:smoking:

IMG_20180228_184105.jpg

:yay:

If that weight to bulk ratio holds, this plant is over a pound. I'm going to go ahead and call it. She's at least a pound.

Last edited:
Both of these have had pepper, and citrus at various points in the life span. The pepper seems to come out most when pruning. When I walk into the room it is a very earthy sweet scent, Once that settles and I get to work on the plants I start getting citrus but not citrus, it has the acidic citrus sourness but I can't pick a fruit. It's not lemon, orange, or grapefruit. When I harvested the first one it smelled massively sharp, sour, a bit cheesy, but with definite pine scent. I keep remarking on the sharpness, it was slightly uncomfortably sharp, it got in your nose and stayed there. This sati pheno is also sour but smoothly so instead of sharp. If she is like her sister the scent will shift again, I'm expecting pine and hoping for pineapple.

as to greasy and sticky, I'm wondering if it's a measure of how much of it I get on my finger? It was greasy when I got a good lot of it and rubbed my fingers together, but when I'm just brushing my arm against it, it sticks enough to pull some pistils off on my arm. I washed up, but I could still smell it through my shirt, and on my hands for hours.

....:smoking: yeah, that ambiguous citrusy/sour smell, I know what you mean,... my lamby has some of this, a couple Stone crosses,... it's almost astringent,.. any metallic notes, that seems to occur with that citrus funk pretty often,...
texture changes, I'm not sure mate,... it could be the temporary nature of the then mixed contents of the burst trich' head,... and/or it changes when certain terps volatilize off,... Some, like limonene, are damn powerful solvents! ......a surprisingly complex little gland, them trich's,... It appears things are pretty compartmentalized withing the structure itself, even at the cellular level as well; vesicles contain terp's, I think cannabinoids are made on the "manufacturing membranes" golgi apparatus, endoplastic reticulum..?
>>>.. found this nice graphic, but couldn't find the text that goes with it,...
trichome3.jpg

>>> :drool: damn, that's some serious sparkle even through the jar! Get us some cleaned-up bud close up's please! ...heavy pine aroma so far, ay? :thumbsup: it'll be fun to see what some cure brings out,.. and what the prime buds will compare like!
I think you get away with little to no "flush" because you don't hammer them to the edge of burn with nutes to begin with, same with pop22,... my feeling is, if the fans are getting well tapped into by harvest, your golden! :greenthumb:

....:smoking: yeah, that ambiguous citrusy/sour smell, I know what you mean,... my lamby has some of this, a couple Stone crosses,... it's almost astringent,.. any metallic notes, that seems to occur with that citrus funk pretty often,...
texture changes, I'm not sure mate,... it could be the temporary nature of the then mixed contents of the burst trich' head,... and/or it changes when certain terps volatilize off,... Some, like limonene, are damn powerful solvents! ......a surprisingly complex little gland, them trich's,... It appears things are pretty compartmentalized withing the structure itself, even at the cellular level as well; vesicles contain terp's, I think cannabinoids are made on the "manufacturing membranes" golgi apparatus, endoplastic reticulum..?
>>>.. found this nice graphic, but couldn't find the text that goes with it,...View attachment 871729

>>> :drool: damn, that's some serious sparkle even through the jar! Get us some cleaned-up bud close up's please! ...heavy pine aroma so far, ay? :thumbsup: it'll be fun to see what some cure brings out,.. and what the prime buds will compare like!
I think you get away with little to no "flush" because you don't hammer them to the edge of burn with nutes to begin with, same with pop22,... my feeling is, if the fans are getting well tapped into by harvest, your golden! :greenthumb:

Here's my thoughts on flushing without going too deep for my sanity this morning. The mechanism you refer to is leaf senescence. It is the cannibalization of nutrients which move to the reproductive organs and storage sinks. So the idea of flushing is that you want to remove nutrients and improve the taste somehow? Flushing triggers the opposite response. It adds nutrients to the buds, so I don't get why that should improve taste.

Fantastic picture. That trail of research is on my list, but my list gets big fast. Unfortunately trichomes were glossed over in school. Barely mentioned in either Botany or Physiology. I scoured my notes and old powerpoints for some of that stuff when I looked into UV light for thc production. I found a lot more evidence against it than for it but it's worth studying. The first thing that strikes me in that picture are the plastids. Those might be a UV receptor.

Anyway, here's a few close ups. They're still not dry enough to close the jar, I'm leaving the jar open for now. Stems are all gone, hopefully they dry today.... No lack of rain around here this year.

IMG_20180301_073830.jpg
IMG_20180301_073754.jpg
IMG_20180301_073743.jpg
IMG_20180301_073815.jpg

Last edited:
:greenthumb:very nice, even these lower larfy buds are loaded with resins! Classic Bubba and Dragon ancestor resins that is,.. large trichs', and plenty of'm! :baked:

>> the flushing deal, it's effectiveness is I think very conditional to the method and how heavily they were fed, especially toward the end,... I'm with pop22 and others on most aspects of this,.. there's no actual removing of anything out of the plant, that's the misnomer of the term "flush",... I liked Muddy's term of "cleansing" better :biggrin:..... from what I gather from other hydro-style growers of other plants, namely produce, the flush for them at least is about giving the nutrients that are in transit, in the vascular pipes so to speak, a chance to get cleared out, metabolized, used and/or stored before harvest... this makes for better flavor... I see the same thing with cannabis, clearing out the pipes, and maybe, if applicable, burning through some reserves if the plant is still choke-full of stored nutes from heavy, constant feeding... this is more of a hydro thing too I believe,... soilless less so, true soil least of all,...
The UVB-THC connection,.. I don't know that I've heard or seen if this applies to other cannabinoids? I think the increase is about protection of the more vulnerable seed germ during early formation, shielding the DNA from damage caused by such radiations,.... same way that certain other pigments do!

IMG_20180302_113729.jpg
IMG_20180302_113600.jpg
IMG_20180302_113658.jpg

Breeder:

Mandalorian Genetics

Strain:

ALF5 f3 Indica/sati Pheno

Grow style:

RDWC
600 watt MH/HPS
Green Planet Hydro Fuel, heavyw8, massive, finisher, hydroguard, camg+, Beastie Blooms, ChaChing, superthrive.

Harvest and Grow.

100 days to harvest, very stout and sturdy plants. These had heavy branches that stood straight up and held a lot of weight. Huge fan leaves measuring over 12 inches wide, the plant overall was 65 inches tall and nearly 4 ft wide. Some buds turned purple a few weeks prior to harvest, and all of them were heavy with large trichomes. The scent was astringent, sour, and sharp. There were undertones of pine and citrus with an earthy background. Very sticky, and took several weeks to dry and several to cure. She was larger than many Autoflowers, and extremely resilient. A pleasure to grow.

Weight:

Dry weight 156 grams, wet weight 21 oz.

Smoke:

The smoke is heavy and bright on inhale with a slightly metallic nose hit and noticeable pine notes, primarily taste citrus on the inhale. If there was a citrus fruit betwen a tangerine and a grapefruit, that would be close. The exhale is smooth on the tongue, sweet and somewhat earthy. The stone is quickly apparent and dreamy. The first 15 to 30 minutes were a blur, but after that I was motivated to get some stuff done, and did so without much back and neck pain. The crystals are so heavy that they gum up a grinder. The high lasted about 2 hours but pain relief was longer.

Last edited:
I gota turn off the air and water pumps tommorow for a few hours while family is coming to help me deal with spring cleanup. It's pretty damn well hidden, but chances of a few trips to the garage are pretty high.... It aint the end of the world if they see it, but it's not preferred.

Any bets on whether or not someone finds my grow? I think more than ten minutes in the garage and I'm busted. LOL. My brother aint stupid, he will notice a fake wall eventually. LOL

Sounds like an adventure...let us know how it went I always like to hear coming out stories. Time to get the brother stoned?:pass:

I want to say your good but I to think the smell will give it away

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back