Indoor GG's Giant Greens

:jawdrop: ----:vibe::growing::vibe:--- Holy f'ing pheno'-mindfuck Batsman!! That is a full on Dragon Lady Thai bitch with 3-inch nails!
:bow::bow::bow:
d1.jpg
:crying:............. look at all those gorgeous Sati' buds developing, and check those florets starting to stack! She has a ways to go still as well GG, and I think she'll fill in nicely in the last 10 days-ish,... buds look a lot like the Kali-Tooth I grew last year-- kst6.jpg ... they stayed fairly open, just enough room for all the trich's to stretch out and fill in the spaces :eyebrows:,... she weighed more than the eye said, heavy with resins! What does she smell like now?
:clapper::clapper::clapper: Way to grind this one out Rev'- :d5: .... FD, I see some grey matter stuck to the wall over there when your mind was blown! :wiz:

She has a ways to go still as well GG, and I think she'll fill in nicely in the last 10 days-ish,

What does she smell like now?

I think so too, I have been saying 'two more weeks' to my grow partner every Sunday for a month now. LOL. I'm now just worried about getting through it with no mold, and I have so many busted branches on the bottom from them being so heavy and floppy! I'm gonna go through a spool of line tying it all up...

I wish I could tell you better on smell, I keep getting deceived. But FD asked if they were sticky or greasy, and I went and jerked off one the buds and it was greasy as hell, but today I'm out there pruning and tying branches and I was sticky for hours afterwards. The trichs are coming now big time.

@FullDuplex I got a smoke report from my partner from the first harvest, it's been deemed cured now. When I get my half back tomorrow, I'll add it to my own and post a review/report in cannazone.

I dropped the humidistat to 40, which should translate to 45-50 RH in the room. That with three fans, I hope it's enough.... Last time I had buds this big I lost most of them to mold.

:jawdrop: ----:vibe::growing::vibe:--- Holy f'ing pheno'-mindfuck Batsman!! That is a full on Dragon Lady Thai bitch with 3-inch nails!
:bow::bow::bow:
d1.jpg
:crying:............. look at all those gorgeous Sati' buds developing, and check those florets starting to stack! She has a ways to go still as well GG, and I think she'll fill in nicely in the last 10 days-ish,... buds look a lot like the Kali-Tooth I grew last year-- View attachment 869097 ... they stayed fairly open, just enough room for all the trich's to stretch out and fill in the spaces :eyebrows:,... she weighed more than the eye said, heavy with resins! What does she smell like now?
:clapper::clapper::clapper: Way to grind this one out Rev'- :d5: .... FD, I see some grey matter stuck to the wall over there when your mind was blown! :wiz:

Pretty much mate, my mind is blown and I can tell you that chasing the hash bat has caused these phenos. The taller line is leaning very sativa these days and were hurting for a good sati auto. Tons of hybs out there but nothing that leans this far except back in the days of @La Buena Hierba and his Asian haze lines.

I am with you she still has some time to go, and I know we all love our 70-90 plants but this could be game changing as far production goes for autos.

I think so too, I have been saying 'two more weeks' to my grow partner every Sunday for a month now. LOL. I'm now just worried about getting through it with no mold, and I have so many busted branches on the bottom from them being so heavy and floppy! I'm gonna go through a spool of line tying it all up...

I wish I could tell you better on smell, I keep getting deceived. But FD asked if they were sticky or greasy, and I went and jerked off one the buds and it was greasy as hell, but today I'm out there pruning and tying branches and I was sticky for hours afterwards. The trichs are coming now big time.

@FullDuplex I got a smoke report from my partner from the first harvest, it's been deemed cured now. When I get my half back tomorrow, I'll add it to my own and post a review/report in cannazone.

The reason that I ask greasy or tacky is because there is actually a difference, the greasy buds tend to have a unique hit on them, almost a better profile to the taste, or at least that is what I am getting. I am really curious about the report smell taste and of course the stone. That will be the final cap on this test.

I just cant get over the size, the buds, and just the over all grow im still here in awe tonight.

I dropped the humidistat to 40, which should translate to 45-50 RH in the room. That with three fans, I hope it's enough.... Last time I had buds this big I lost most of them to mold.

That should help and in reality I would say that you could drop the RH more if you wanted but I also know that you have a younger plant in there that could use the rH. Keep the fans on the buds directly right at the heads and if you can the extraction as high as you can to maintain proper temps and rH. Air exchange seems to be key to keep the mold at bay. The only ones that I have seen mold out on the alf line were ones that just didn't have air flow. The big hash bat had a mold issue but that was because it was grown in a room with no proper air ventilation. I think that you should be ok as long as that air moves.

:biggrin: KT played with me too mate,.. she's Kalishnapple (Kali Mist x pineapple) x Sweet Tooth, a Mephisto photo made just for fun a while ago,... she's F1, so what to expect runs the gambit! I got Pineapple's Sati' buds on Sweet Tooth's Indica frame, and aromatics resembled none of the parents... Very spicy, woodsy, some pine and floral,... held against the mold better than most too! Those open buds, and the Sativa influence often carries better mold resistance vs Indica's,...
With your lower pruning/harvest happening, some support ties, and some strategic fan removal she'll get that better air movement provided the fans are dialed in too...I'm with FD there all the way, and it sounds like you got that taken care of- :amazon: :windy:...:rofl: ..... Last season I stuck a cheapo 30'' fan outside at night on low speed, with the right girls lined up in proper order, and it made a BIG difference with the mold,... only reason I got the damn Atomic to finish decently after the shit-show of molding early on! What is your night time low for T?
.... :eek1: whaddya mean you can't tell on the smell? :rofl: Hazard a guess,... right now she may be adding to the chemistry before the final aroma profile starts to settle in, so I do get what you mean by deceiving,...
Ah, greasy resins! I had a great example of that from a friends version of Lambsbread I grew- :thumbsup: a 25gal 4-pot in fact! (funny story there)... anyway, I had no good idea what to expect, my friends bud stash was nearly stems and seeds by the time I got them,... During bloom, I started butt-clenching because the trich's were slow and sparse to show well into it,... last few weeks, they blew up big time, tons of super fine short stalked trich's, like a silvery layer,... Pine and general citrus aroma dominated all through cure, and the resins were literally greasy,.. made for easy trimming, and difficult joint rolling! Weirdest texture buds I've had to date,.... Stellar high, deceivingly potent, and like FD mentioned, she hit very fast, right into the brain! (I think this is a terpene profile thing, pine and citrus both facilitate more rapid penetration of the blood-brain barrier)..... Buds were not that impressive to the casual eye though, so with some of these real "landracey" Sativa's looks are deceiving,.. The Cannalope Haze last season is also like this... no exactly the diamond crusted hootchie-mama's we see so often these days :rofl:-- but these hit with both hands, trust me!
Lamby--> b2.jpg .... CH--> c1.jpg................. you know what Rev', I think the trich's on stems are different in their aromatics content, as well as structure... to my nose, for sure the smell is different significantly than right from the buds or well coated sugar leaf, so that may account for the texture difference too,... I'm very curious about the chemistry that makes the resin textures greasy vs sticky/gummy,....

FDeee! :d5:
tumblr_m48agp1lFD1qa384zo1_500.gif
I know man! Who knows what's gonna get shaken outta the family tree sometimes, right? The Hash-bat pheno' is a worthy pursuit I'm dyin' to see dialed in more! This one I'm super keen on seeing just how much of an outlier she is,...how much is the hydro-monster effect,.. and of course, combined together can make for longer grow worth-it monsters :woohoo1:.. I cite Grey Bear again!
I window shop seeds fairly often, along with strain research,.. there are lots more strongly sati'-dom's out there than even just a couple years ago,... I mentioned the Wild Thai Ryder before, that is a must regrow IMO,... I made some notes on this a while back, but can't find where I put them now :doh:... it was a pretty common complaint/observation by other folks,... LBH is a trailblazer for that! Have you spoken with him recently, I believe he's back working on them again,..?

plants but this could be game changing as far production goes for autos.

:d5::d5::smoking::headbang::headbang: Glad to hear it! I love this game. If I had my way I would do this for a living. Your making me blush, what I love best in life is making lasting change and helping where I can. I've spent a life doing that wherever I go, and AFN was a great spot to land. I am both honored to and feel appreciated, and I hope to continue being a reliable tester for you and others. Especially for the Indie breeders, I know how hard it is to find trustworthy people to do it.

and aromatics resembled none of the parents... Very spicy, woodsy, some pine and floral

Pineapple's Sati' buds on Sweet Tooth's Indica frame, and aromatics resembled none of the parents... Very spicy, woodsy, some pine and floral,... held against the mold better than most too! Those open buds, and the Sativa influence often carries better mold resistance vs Indica's,...
With your lower pruning/harvest happening, some support ties, and some strategic fan removal she'll get that better air movement provided the fans are dialed in too...I'm with FD there all the way, and it sounds like you got that taken care of- :amazon: :windy:...:rofl: ..... Last season I stuck a cheapo 30'' fan outside at night on low speed, with the right girls lined up in proper order, and it made a BIG difference with the mold,... only reason I got the damn Atomic to finish decently after the shit-show of molding early on! What is your night time low for T?
.... :eek1: whaddya mean you can't tell on the smell? :rofl: Hazard a guess,... right now she may be adding to the chemistry before the final aroma profile starts to settle in, so I do get what you mean by deceiving,...
Ah, greasy resins!

Both of these have had pepper, and citrus at various points in the life span. The pepper seems to come out most when pruning. When I walk into the room it is a very earthy sweet scent, Once that settles and I get to work on the plants I start getting citrus but not citrus, it has the acidic citrus sourness but I can't pick a fruit. It's not lemon, orange, or grapefruit. When I harvested the first one it smelled massively sharp, sour, a bit cheesy, but with definite pine scent. I keep remarking on the sharpness, it was slightly uncomfortably sharp, it got in your nose and stayed there. This sati pheno is also sour but smoothly so instead of sharp. If she is like her sister the scent will shift again, I'm expecting pine and hoping for pineapple.

as to greasy and sticky, I'm wondering if it's a measure of how much of it I get on my finger? It was greasy when I got a good lot of it and rubbed my fingers together, but when I'm just brushing my arm against it, it sticks enough to pull some pistils off on my arm. I washed up, but I could still smell it through my shirt, and on my hands for hours.

@FullDuplex here are some more photos you can use in the guess the weight contest. It shows what I removed this morning. I'm going to need to grab a stack of paper bags next time at the store before this girl comes down. That was just a few lower popcorny buds! A whole bag full, maybe a third of what came off my last plant. Thats kind of nuts.... She got junk in the trunk.,.

Now that I've cleaned some of the lower buds up, it very much smells sweet, earthy and pine with a lot less sour than the first one..

IMG_20180223_092238.jpg

IMG_20180223_090629.jpg

IMG_20180223_092211.jpg

IMG_20180223_091453.jpg

IMG_20180223_090352.jpg

And a follow up pic for my topsoil, it's coming along nicely, you can see the sprouts from the spelt grain I put in there. I've turned it all over several times a week, and this is the second round of sprouts. I can't wait to start growing!!! I just keep mixing in green manure and hoping this weather holds. It's been 70-80 all week.

IMG_20180223_091418.jpg

Last edited:
@FullDuplex here are some more photos you can use in the guess the weight contest. It shows what I removed this morning. I'm going to need to grab a stack of paper bags next time at the store before this girl comes down. That was just a few lower popcorny buds! A whole bag full, maybe a third of what came off my last plant. Thats kind of nuts.... She got junk in the trunk.,.

Now that I've cleaned some of the lower buds up, it very much smells sweet, earthy and pine with a lot less sour than the first one..

View attachment 869305
View attachment 869306
View attachment 869308
View attachment 869309
View attachment 869313

And a follow up pic for my topsoil, it's coming along nicely, you can see the sprouts from the spelt grain I put in there. I've turned it all over several times a week, and this is the second round of sprouts. I can't wait to start growing!!! I just keep mixing in green manure and hoping this weather holds. It's been 70-80 all week.

View attachment 869307
Everything looks great man, what a monster plant too!! Nice job bud.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Man she's something and that stalk is just stupid big. Shocked she didn't bust her rockwool like her sister given the size.

Those buds should be along the dryer side now too. What's the odor of the fresh dried buds? As much as I loved watching them grow I can't wait to see your final numbers on that one. I'm trying to be patient lol. It's got to be hard for you.

Back