Indoor GG's Giant Greens

I win. No sneaky little buggers gonna out sneak me today. I hosted mom, bro, neice, and nephew. 2 of em went in the garage for a minute or two and noone found it. I know, because I put a piece of a toothpick against the door, which didn't move. I put some diatomaceous earth on the floor inside the door, no footprints. This all makes me smile. Damn I 'm good at this secret door business. :crying::toke:

I have a lot of yellowing leaves, sparking my Bud Rot fears again. The last few days I have been way too busy to mess with the grow. pH was off in both rez today, water low, and PPM high..... Sheesh, a guy can't catch a day to breathe and relax.... But it seems thats about to change, I'm getting a week off.

Pics and update coming sometime today.

Main rez 50% capacity, 1800PPM, 5.6 pH, GP nutes
Solo Rez 75% capacity, 950PPM, 6.3 pH, AN ntues
temp/RH: +/-10 :: 75f:45RH

Oct 23-Mar8 = 5 months and 1 week... ? or 4 months.... I'm confused.

I removed many of the yellows pictured, and looks like she is about 60-70% brown pistils now.

IMG_20180308_114552.jpg
IMG_20180308_114515.jpg
IMG_20180308_114608.jpg
IMG_20180308_114614.jpg
IMG_20180308_114523.jpg
IMG_20180308_114518.jpg
IMG_20180308_114608 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20180308_114523.jpg
IMG_20180308_114614 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180308_114552 - Copy.jpg

:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::bighug:

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

IMG_20180308_114242.jpg
IMG_20180308_114242 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180308_114328.jpg
IMG_20180308_114315.jpg

IMG_20180308_114441.jpg

LMAO. I managed to drain my solo cup rez into my main rez by accident.

WTF? what are the odds of that? I left the solo cup lines loose, and when the pump kicked on it went bone dry! And not a drop on the floor.

So both rez got adjusted, topped off.

Main Rez/ALF5 :
27 gallons filtered water 1400PPM and 5.8 pH, a crazy mix of nutes. GP hydro fuel, AN 3 part, GP additives, FoxFarm additives, etc.... It's like ordering a dirty ashtray at the bar! All messed up and still got half a bottle to go. But her overall PPM and pH are stable.

Solo Cup: 3BOG
Got a fresh rez:
8 gallons filtered oxygenated water, 750 PPM and 6.0 pH, AN 3 part, FF beastie blooms, GH camg+
removed air pump, it was super loud, and put the stone on the large main pump. Much better. I adjusted the water pump timing to run 15min every 4 hours at night and 30 minutes every two hours in the day.

Last edited:
Yellowing, and desicating leaves concern me. I don't see any mold yet, but got 3 fans on her. and the 6inch extraction turned to medium, and a dehumidifier keeping it at 45. I am less confident that the heater is keeping up at night. I moved it closer.

2 fans on canopy, one oscilating from side and below. I'm thinking of getting out some serenade and q-tips

@Waira what do you think? She needs another week or two.

I'd say maybe a week at this point. The yellowing fans look about right for her age. I'd open up one of the buds and take a peek.

I'll reply more tonight I hate typing on mobile lol

She fucking looks amazing though. She's a sight to see that's for sure.

@FullDuplex I had to trim off a couple more busted branches, they can't handle the weight!!! But two of the three little branches had substantial color. Purple. I saved them in another separate bag to add to the weight already cut off. I will have to harvest sometime next week, hopefully she's ready by mid week.

What if the tops are gonna go purple too!? This show isn't over yet.

:jawdrop:*clank*...... daaAAaamn :pimp:- she's packed on the oz's! Those are some fab' Sati' buds my friend- :d5: ... I'd say she's finishing just fine, leaves tapping out properly, the color burnishing (on leaves) is normal, a bit of P defc. induced, maybe also part of the normal color expression in this line too,...most likely the former though IMO,....Is there color in the bracts as well?

I'm with FD here, she's close, just scope those trichs daily to gauge her ripening speed,... Have you speed-dried a wee nuggie to test yet? :eyebrows: ....Is it me, or are her trich's fine in size and on shorter stalks?

:clapper: Solo girl is a gem too mate! Shapely bonsai goodness, great budding,... :spels: ......... All's well here! :slap:

@FullDuplex I had to trim off a couple more busted branches, they can't handle the weight!!! But two of the three little branches had substantial color. Purple. I saved them in another separate bag to add to the weight already cut off. I will have to harvest sometime next week, hopefully she's ready by mid week.

What if the tops are gonna go purple too!? This show isn't over yet.

Nice to hear that there is color showing on this one too, means that i am close and closer to the color coming in on them. Hearing that it comes in alter makes all kids of since to me. The black comes in late so it makes sense that the colors that you are seeing now are coming in. Seems to come in a little later in the flower cycle than i like but were getting there. Each and every time i look at them it makes me happy cause they are doing so well.

You have done a fantastic job with them man, really impressed with what you did, as well as how they are turning out. I think that she would be ready midweek and have to agree with @Waira on these that the fans look normal for the strain. I dont see abnormal yellowing with the fans that you posted.

If those tops purple out, what a sight that will be to see.

:jawdrop:*clank*...... daaAAaamn :pimp:- she's packed on the oz's! Those are some fab' Sati' buds my friend- :d5: ... I'd say she's finishing just fine, leaves tapping out properly, the color burnishing (on leaves) is normal, a bit of P defc. induced, maybe also part of the normal color expression in this line too,...most likely the former though IMO,....Is there color in the bracts as well?

I'm with FD here, she's close, just scope those trichs daily to gauge her ripening speed,... Have you speed-dried a wee nuggie to test yet? :eyebrows: ....Is it me, or are her trich's fine in size and on shorter stalks?

:clapper: Solo girl is a gem too mate! Shapely bonsai goodness, great budding,... :spels: ......... All's well here! :slap:

I think that you are spot on mate. What we are seeing here is normal ageing out on them. I am also curious as to what they trichs are doing seems that they are a bit different on this gal, and id like to think that she is more a greasy feel than sticky. The greasy has a different profile but the stone is on par for a goot all around hit. Im still curious as to the smell as well as what the report on this will be. That a lot of weight there and i know that itll be put to good use

The colors are a favorite part for sure, I'll snap a photo of the purple buds I cut out later when the sun comes up. That should be easy enough to get a macro of the trich structure too.

Another favorite part of this plant is how damn tall she was, but the weight has brought her down quite a bit. I think she shrunk down about 8 inches across the whole top so far. She also has leaned forward quite a bit, which is at least good for air flow. Reality is starting to kick in, It's gonna be a hell of a job to trim all that goodness.

I have been saving for hash, I got almost a whole grocery bag of clean trim from the last three harvests, and add this one to it, plus about 2 OZ of popcorn buds.... Will add another OZ likely off this harvest. I might need a bigger press.

IMG_20180311_083502.jpg
IMG_20180311_083551.jpg
IMG_20180311_083347.jpg

Last edited:
Back