Indoor GG's Giant Greens

Yesterday I planted a few dozen outdoor plants, today I get back to the potting soil. Getting ready for a Meyer Lemon in the house, so it's time to re-pot some stuff. GG's soil building scribblings shall begin after lunch.

:jawdrop: :drool: just down right BEAUTIFUL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Round 2, here is a recap of what round 1 was like.

2.jpg 1.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg
IMG_20180205_174632.jpg IMG_20180205_174612.jpg IMG_20180205_174604.jpg IMG_20180205_174552.jpg

round 1

4-5 gallon red clay soil, 6+ gallon recycled last years potting mix, recycled peat plugs, partially decomposed roots.
large bag of "garden soil" with a tiny amount of NPK
2 gallon overwintered oak and maple leaves
1 pound roasted buckwheat and 1 pound spelt grain
2 cups jobes compost starter (Archaea inoculant)
cardboard strips, chainsaw curls, sawdust, hardwood ash
2 cups gypsum, 1 cup lime, 2 cups Azomite, 1 cup Epsom
water with hydroguard (bacillus inoculant) solution

turned in till the clay clumps 1/2 inch or less
turn a couple times a week, water sparingly
it should maintain it's own moisture in most environments.
Turn in the sprouts as they come up, let them yellow and struggle in there.
Turn in more leafy biomass whenever you want.

round 2 (one month or more later, most cardboard and whatever but sprouts should me broken down pretty good or gone)

1/2 bag builders sand, 1 brick fine COIR (pre-soaked in water)
2 cups Langbeinite, 2 cups azomite, 2 cups black hen, 2 cups cottonseed meal, 2 cups bone meal, 1 gallon vermiculite
2 cups jobes compost starter (Archaea inoculant)
turn in dry ingredients,
water with hydroguard (bacillus inoculant) solution
1 cup Jobes Bio-Zome fungal/bacteria innoculant
turn it over again, cover and/or leave out in sun

in two weeks, uncover the mix, turn it over again, and it isnow a useful starter potting soil mix.

At potting that is my base mix, and I adjust the final mix with one of several other mediums to get the effect I am after.

1. acid loving plants: add sulfur or aluminum to reduce pH to 5 and mix soil 1/3 perlite/coir/potting soil

2. House Plants: same as acid loving without the sulfur and aluminum

3. Vegetables and Berries: Same as House plants, add fish emulsion or Bio-Fish, eggshells or shell meal, Epsom, and either black hen/guano/blood meal, and a generous heap of pine bark.

4. Succulents, 1/3 sand/gravel/soil

This was designed to have organic forms of nutrients in the soil in multiple forms to fully mineralize the contents and create a base that has a high enough CEC to maintain fertility through several rounds of recycling. The more stages of decay happening at once the better.

I had those mycos laying around from planting trees, but for cannabis I would not use those. I always get the two kinds confused, but I am pretty sure it is the ENDO mycos that we want for cannabis, and not the ECTO's. Studies show the ones that burrow into the roots out compete the ones that surround the root and the positive benefits are reduced substantially.

6.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg
IMG_20180313_121739.jpg

here are several of those mixes, although not with the same batch of soil, this is an older batch. The new stuff from above will go in the grow room, I'm not wasting the super soil on ferns.

I hadn't repotted these in years, they were badly root bound, and the fern on the left was almost dead. I cut out 90% of its foliage. That and the Aloe may not survive, I chopped out some crazy root bound roots.

cant really see in the pics, the aloe has a layer of coarse gravel at bottom, It is 1/3 sand/fine gravel/soil, exactly.. The pics look heavier on perlite than they are.

Last edited:
the plan is to try that soil out for cannabis with no nutes added, except possibly a root tonic, and a flower booster. Perhaps cal/mag if necessary. I don't think I should have to add anything other than what I already got in there. 100% organic, cost about 100 bucks, and mostly slow release products. I suppose I'll make a new journal in Organics when the time comes to try it out, maybe around mothers day.

Harvest Day. I'm tired. This bitch took 10 man hours to trim! All day basically. LOL

So beautiful.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purples, reds, MASSIVE size, damn softball gloves!

Scent if Very spicy with floral backdrop, Sticky, The whole house reeks and probably will for a day or two. I don't even have enough bags to lay her out in a single layer, I'm going to pick up a drying rack tomorrow.

Image1.jpg

_IGP1196.JPG _IGP1197.JPG IMG_20180315_094535.jpg IMG_20180315_101637.jpg IMG_20180315_121429.jpg _IGP1200.JPG _IGP1195.JPGIMG_20180315_094514.jpg

_IGP1201.JPG
IMG_20180315_104920.jpg

_IGP1194.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20180315_104907.jpg
    IMG_20180315_104907.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20180315_103116.jpg
    IMG_20180315_103116.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Harvest Day. I'm tired. This bitch took 10 man hours to trim! All day basically. LOL

So beautiful.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purples, reds, MASSIVE size, damn softball gloves!

Scent if Very spicy with floral backdrop, Sticky, The whole house reeks and probably will for a day or two. I don't even have enough bags to lay her out in a single layer, I'm going to pick up a drying rack tomorrow.

View attachment 877958

View attachment 877959 View attachment 877960 View attachment 877962 View attachment 877965 View attachment 877967 View attachment 877969 View attachment 877970View attachment 877961

View attachment 877971 View attachment 877964
View attachment 877963

Sweet baby Jesus the size of those buds man. You have to be jumping for joy over there.

10 hours to trim is a lot of time to be in one spot lmao. I'm glad to hear of the colors and looks to me she held up against your mold fears. That's what I like seeing.

You nicked this out of the park my friend amazing job and well grown. Glad someone gets to appreciate them as much as I do.

:jawdrop: :drool: :cooldance:.... Dude, I wish I had sympathy for the trim labors, but you're getting so well rewarded,..:rofl: We need color close-ups! Her aroma sounds very Asian,.. spicy, as in complex woods/herbs, incense, with floral whisperings,..?

:jawdrop: :drool: :cooldance:.... Dude, I wish I had sympathy for the trim labors, but you're getting so well rewarded,..:rofl: We need color close-ups! Her aroma sounds very Asian,.. spicy, as in complex woods/herbs, incense, with floral whisperings,..?

Yes, Spot on. I was craving curry and pulling bong rips of her sister....Will do on closeups tomorrow when I rebag them.

10 hours to trim is a lot of time to be in one spot lmao. I'm glad to hear of the colors and looks to me she held up against your mold fears. That's what I like seeing.

Thank you, thank you. :cheers::bighug::headbang::headbang::headbang::yay::yay:

10 hours, only 6 were mine, My grow pal showed up to help, but kids and all.... his wife tells me he finishes quick! I don't know what happened!

Back