Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Awesome doc that's just what I was needing thanks man.
I am at your service, Sir.

You just feed until the plants say it's enough. The ammonia-free formulation won't toast your roots.

My FB WCOG eats no more than 2 ml/l. Green Crack eat 5 ml/l without a single yellow tip. WCOG I have to reduce to 0,5 ml/l of Power House and Sensi Bloom. Tips are more,yellow than I like.
In some adult plants, I experiment with mixing Power House and Sensi. I don't think it makes a difference. My gut feeling is that the two groups will be the same, i.e. no statistically significant difference.

When my Green Crack is done, it will be interesting. I have 3 plants on Big menu and 3 on Advanced Nutrients menu. The big test is the weight of smoking buds from the two groups. Among 6 plants there are 5 phenos, so I have to sum up and calculate average/plant on the measures I will do post mortem; weight of smokables, distance between nodes and thickness of the stem.
I only have growth curves for 2 plants in each group, but the post mortem data I can get from the two plants that I LSTed. Thus I have 3 sets of data and can do simple statistical tests. In a future photo grow - I need mother plants first - I will do the same test on clones. My growth data on autos is inconclusive due to too large phenotypical variation.

Here is 4 FB Green Crack growth patterns. I've shown them before. The diagram is not final. I have one more set of data and will do a last measurement tomorrow.

Big vs AN Sensi, height.jpg
Big vs AN Sensi, diameter.jpg

@tripaholic88, a top notch gardener I trust very much, don't like such high nute levels. He is worried about pH issues. I discussed that with the Big Boss and he said the system itself should regulate that and I should not worry.

yea everytime ive fed high ppm ive gotten salt buildup which then drops my PH to about 4.8-5 resulting in lockout and frying my roots doc:pass:
I do not doubt you, my friend.
Does that happend to all strains?

I learn very much these days, with DP AutoColorado Cookies and 4 FB strains. Green Crack can take more, not a single yellow tip. WCOG sativa get yellow with 1,5-2 ml/l. WCOG indica can take a little more. Gorilla Glue and Stardawg are still young. Stardawg is in my capillary box, currently nutes at 2 ml/l.
Stardawg has just reacted to the amino acids in Power House and are expanding rapidly in width.

Did you see then story on lactic acid bacteria? I think LAB can give bigget weeds.

Also, Sensi has 3 N sources. Urea, ammonium salts and nitrates. Ammonium (NH4+) reacts with water and results in ammonia. Ammonia fry roots. Big Series contains nitrates only.

I use my water at pH 6.5. Now, I read in Rileys masterpiece Growing Elite Marijuana, that 6.3 is the perfect pH.

Another thing that came to mind....the chemicals may act different in an inert medium as coco. I don't know, It's just a thaught that came now while writing. Could it be that the chemistry of soil results in a lot of reactions with the different chemicals present in soil. You know, microbes consume different thing. We use oxygen to produce enegy, some bacteria use ammonia, or methane or sulphur in stead. Just a reflection over morning coffee.

yea everytime ive fed high ppm ive gotten salt buildup which then drops my PH to about 4.8-5 resulting in lockout and frying my roots doc:pass:
Are you sure it is salt deposits?

I have twice messured wrong, while mixing a 2 l and a 1 l jug at the same time, giving double dose P/K. It goes 3 ml/, filling the syrringe, 6 ml to both jugs...no harm, and trust me, the plant was monitored closely and not a single symptom to see. It was a Green Crack.
I have 100 mg Ca/l tap water, so too much phosphate can give salt build ups. Not necessarily salt deposits, but Ca and PO4- can make soluble polymers...it is chemistry above my level of knowledge, but in this type of polymer, the salts is made unavailable.
That's the reason for me NOT using Big Calcium Plus, while @XxxAuto has semi-soft water (he may have soft hair, my hair is automatically styled with calcium carbonate). As soon as my water boils, CaCO3 precipitates on the surface and cover the heatet that carry a positiv current. Boiling water in this city is electrolysis... I feed extra Ca by foliar Rocket Fuel. On the other hand, with Sensi I use Calmag Xtra and never experienced problems.

Today I will do the last measurement of height and with, and complete my growth graphs.
Next set of graphs are made afte the post mortem examination. After harvest I will calculate the average data for the Big and Advanced GC groups; harvested smokables (that is after separation of oil material), distance between nodes and thickness of the stem. These measurements I can do on lst plants also, so I get 3 sets of numbers. Then I can do simple stats and see of there are statistical difference between the average plant. It is a little dodgy, I wouldn't submit the results for publication, but it is a interesting indication, IF stats say there are differences.

I do not doubt you, my friend.
Does that happend to all strains?

I learn very much these days, with DP AutoColorado Cookies and 4 FB strains. Green Crack can take more, not a single yellow tip. WCOG sativa get yellow with 1,5-2 ml/l. WCOG indica can take a little more. Gorilla Glue and Stardawg are still young. Stardawg is in my capillary box, currently nutes at 2 ml/l.
Stardawg has just reacted to the amino acids in Power House and are expanding rapidly in width.

Did you see then story on lactic acid bacteria? I think LAB can give bigget weeds.
Also, Sensi has 3 N sources. Urea, ammonium salts and nitrates. Ammonium (NH4+) reacts with water and results in ammonia. Ammonia fry roots. Big Series contains nitrates only.
I use my water at pH 6.5. Now, I read in Rileys masterpiece Growing Elite Marijuana, that 6.3 is the perfect pH.

Another thing that came to mind....the chemicals may act different in an inert medium as coco. I don't know, It's just a thaught that came now while writing. Could it be that the chemistry of soil results in a lot of reactions with the different chemicals present in soil. You know, microbes consume different thing. We use oxygen to produce enegy, some bacteria use ammonia, or methane or sulphur in stead. Just a reflection over morning coffee.
yea doc every plant i ran it happened to pretty much.

Are you sure it is salt deposits?
yea thats what @Waira pretty much told me salt buildup resuting in a release of K i believe it was. maybe if wairia has time he can explain because im terrible at all explaining these things doc and my WCOG was the first or 2nd to get it in my first grow i think.. just watch your N with the gorilla glue as she dont like N much in flower. the SD loves her nutes i maxed out at 2ml/l and she gave me about 130-140 grams i believe it was. your gonna love the SD and GG and WCOG doc!

An Update from The Auto Tent: DP AutoColorado Cookies and My Poor FB Stardawg.

IMG_0859.JPG
IMG_0861.JPG

Growing well in the capillary box. The small one was trasplanted two days ago, directly in the root channel. The roots grows directly into the rez, supported by soil.

There is a practical problem. The big ACC shades the FB Stardawg growing in the middle position. Next time, I will only grow one strain in the box and see if 3 plants can be maintained properly. Sativa phenos I think would be better than indicas with big, broad leaves. If not, only 1st and 3rd position may be used.

IMG_2488.JPG

The Stardawg is seen in the bottom of the pic, supported by sticks.
First, I tucked the large plant away, keeping it back with a stick.

IMG_2889.JPG

IMG_2891.JPG

Then one branch I could move away using a plant yo yo. The other shading branches aren't big and strong enough to withstand the pull from a yo yo. I need to take 5-6 plants out, so I can walk into the tent, sit down with the biggie, sing for her, caress her, then torture her a little. BBQ sticks and some pipe cleaners are good tools. I neeed to direct branches upwards. I need a custom buildt LST frame for the box. I have carpenter to piece it together. I just need to supply a drawing.

Our Lady of the Blessed Dab Sacrament

My @FastBuds WCOG. My most beautful plant ever!

I hope for a nom, maybe in January. This beautiful sativa has still a long way to go.
@The Elvis, thank you for saving her. I owe you a joint from her. You will have to drop by.

IMG_0868.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG

[QUOTE="Dr. Babnik, post: 1256252, member:
img_0861-jpg.660109
what happened again to this one doc? i believe its the SD correct?[/QUOTE]
No, no, poor Stardawg between the sticks. This is the smallest ACC. She has just a few cm between roots ans rez now. When it takes off, I see the growth from morning to evening.

IMG_2889.JPG

I have checked the posibility for transplant, but that is impossible. The roots are partly down to the re and partly in surrounding soil. Can't dig her out.

I have interesting observations!

Yesterday my 6 Green Crack were out for manicure and inspection. Visually, it seems that the buds in the @BiG Plant Science fed group are bigger and denser than the group on Advanced Nutrients menu. If I'm right we will see after harvest. I may have focused too much of the actual size of my plants, not paying enough attention to the developing buds.

The biggest plant is also a Big fed plant.

Finally, it seems like the plants on Big menu was more resiststant to thrips than AN fed group. This is probably due to the use of Stimulus, which activates the S.A.R. if this is true, Stimulus is a much stronger S.A.R. activator than silicon. All plants were fed Growth Technology Liquid Silicon. This also contribute to bug resistance due to cork formation in the leaves. Bugs like soft lamina, not corky leaves. ;)

Holy Smoke! Our Ladies, grow for us.

Back