Indoor First timer: 12 "Critical Bud" double chamber Led system

Wouldn't recommend scrog because the plant becomes immovable. They get so twisted up in there sometimes you have to cut em out.....which isn't a bad thing. Lemme show ya what I mean with a couple pictures.

These plants have all had the ring around the rosey treatment. They are not unmanageable.....they are still 100% mobile, and look at that cola...lol. These pics are all from in the past month by the way. I can show u some more if you'd like. I am about to start doing my plants like this 100% of the time.

By the way, that's GWK from Mephisto and Blue Mazaar from Dutch Passion, both Autoflowers grow under lots of COBs by my boy
c1519cfc66d54b97b1a0da94efe88712.jpg
32be2760eece4ca9cccccc32910f8761.jpg
00459245e91b624cbff8cf1fa081162c.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Wow,that's quite impressive, i'm aiming for something like that for sure. But do you think that my 7 liters pots (1.85 gal) would work the same? Should i do a transplant at some point?

Cheers

Feel free to play around, but you know the rules. "Never transplant autos". It's all about keeping the roots moving forward...I personally transplant every auto I grow, as I use these approx 3 gallon waste paper baskets that I got for a buck a piece. I don't have the real estate to start babies in those, so we use Starter/Jiffy Plugs along with little peat pots and Canna Coco as a starter and then transplant the whole thing into the 3 gallon when it's time. Thats the only size I have been using....and it seems to be about perfect. No matter the size of the container, your plants will benefit from this hugely. I've got some babies that are a week old that will be getting the ring around the rosey real shortly. And like everything with growing, different strains and phenos will respond differently to bondage...just gotta experiment. Just wait till they're about 5" talk and start the fun. Make sure to get the long pipe cleaners....these make LST so much easier....and they are strong. Best $3 you can spend on your plants.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Feel free to play around, but you know the rules. "Never transplant autos". It's all about keeping the roots moving forward...I personally transplant every auto I grow, as I use these approx 3 gallon waste paper baskets that I got for a buck a piece. I don't have the real estate to start babies in those, so we use Starter/Jiffy Plugs along with little peat pots and Canna Coco as a starter and then transplant the whole thing into the 3 gallon when it's time. Thats the only size I have been using....and it seems to be about perfect. No matter the size of the container, your plants will benefit from this hugely. I've got some babies that are a week old that will be getting the ring around the rosey real shortly. And like everything with growing, different strains and phenos will respond differently to bondage...just gotta experiment. Just wait till they're about 5" talk and start the fun. Make sure to get the long pipe cleaners....these make LST so much easier....and they are strong. Best $3 you can spend on your plants.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Thanks! i'll do it like you say

Make sure to keep the canopy as level as possible. Ax anything that isn't part of the bouquet and keep at it as new shit pops up. The whole idea is the plant has only X energy. By using scissors, we can shape exactly where we want that X energy to go...we force it to go up top to lots of tops, that get great light. I am a 13 year tree surgeon, and I do the exact same thing on big hardwood tree trims 75' up...except we use Stihl chainsaws instead of Fiskars shears. Lollipop it when it starts budding nice...use the pipe cleaners for leaf tucking and pulling things where u want. I've seen a similar technique be done outside...rope a plant right down to the ground more like a pumpkin vine. Good way to make dope plants look way different and keep em short. They can grow 15' long with the right technique, strain and spot, and produce a hedge row of buds. A sight to behold....lol.

There called KAAHBS Joe

Hey AFN guys how's it going, i hope you're all good. I'ts been a busy as week for me so i couldn't make an actualization when i would liked, my apologies in advance. Anyway, here is the continuation of my very first growing journal, i hope you can take a look and share your impressions.

So a few days ago i deceided to move my kids to the flowering tent, which is 1x2x1 meters, as there was nothing inside yet:
28_01_PANORAMIC_c.jpg

As you can see on the picture, there is just 11, KS-CBA03 "Adjetive" just did't do it and it has to be removed.

I also replaced the led panel for a new one, also DIY and built by associate friend:
28_01_PANEL.jpg

The new one have some burple on the COB center, but the rest are full spectrum. I'm not completely clear on this subject so for now i can't give a deeper description than what you can see on the images.
28_01_PANORAMIC_b.jpg

Well, at next i'm sowing you an individual record:

KS-CBA01 "Kopi-kopi"
Width: 10 cm
High: 8.5 cm
KSCBA01b.jpg

KSCBA02a.jpg

KS-CBA02 "Element"
Width: 13 cm
High: 9 cm
KSCBA02a.jpg

KSCBA02b.jpg

KS-CBA03 "Adjetive"

Width: Deceased
High: Deceased
Notes: Deceased
KS-CBA04 "Blank Mind"
KSCBA04a.jpg

KSCBA04b.jpg

KS-CBA05 "Little Palm"
Width: 15 cm
KSCBA05a.jpg

KSCBA05b.jpg

KS-CBA06 "Churro's cutter"

Width: 16 cm
High: 6.5 cm
KSCBA06a.jpg

KSCBA06b.jpg

KS-CBA07 "Bad Iron"

Width: 9 cm
KSCBA07a.jpg

KSCBA07b.jpg

KS-CBA08 "Neumatex"

Width: 10.5 cm
High: 7.5 cm
KSCBA08a.jpg

KSCBA08b.jpg

KS-CBA09 "Little Penny"

Width: 12 cm
KSCBA09a.jpg

KSCBA09b.jpg

KS-CBA10 "Coliform"

Width: 12.5 cm
High: 8 cm
KSCBA10a.jpg

KSCBA10b.jpg

KS-CBA11 "Tepo-tepo"

Width: 4.5 cm
High: 5.5 cm
Notes: The first two leaves, i think is a genetic defect, but i'm not sure. Even tough its size, the new leaves seems to be properly growing, we'll see soon what's gonna happen.
KSCBA11a.jpg

KSCBA11b.jpg

KS-CBA12 "I didn't do it"

Notes: It does look healthy but it have those white dots. ¿What is this? Some kind of deficency? Should i worry about?
KSCBA12a.jpg

KSCBA12b.jpg

To compensate the stretching and the inclination, i've been rotating and changing the pots. But in less than 12 hours you can see again that leaves are pointing to the center of the panel again. ¿It's this an strong stress factor?. I also filled the pots with aditional soil to compensate the oversizing, so now they look OK. Today i'll do something more definitive and i will replace the panel for one more potent.
I'm doing LST as soon as it become possible.

Thank you guys, if you have any suggestion or question i'll be more than happy to answer.

CHeers!

Man....seriously looking good. Nice and healthy. Start bending them real soon. A little at a time. LONG PIPE CLEANERS. Do yourself that favor as I've tried many other methods including nets, strings, and clothes hanger steel....the cleaners are in a different league of gentleness and ease of use. Don't forget to drill about 20 holes around the lips of each pot for anchor points. U got a bunch...I would try both methods. The one being to follow the lip with the main growing shoot and keep it going right around as said above....the other is the more traditional method of the Y shape like the Flux Capacitor from BTTF. @A-Train has a LOVELY guide for LST right here in the forum. Which I will link in the bottom.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/low-stress-training-guide-descriptions-and-pictures.57314/

Pic 1: This is how you want to do the traditional method. Pull the top North and open up the bottom node to light....pull those two grow shoots Southeast and Southwest, respectively. You can also use pipe cleaners for leaf tucking where you roll the top of the plant up like a cone funnel and pin it with a pipe cleaner. Makes the leaves out of the way for a day or so. That will allow the light down to the bottom shoots to catch em up. Don't leave the pipe cleaner on the leaf tucking for more than 24 hours. And just spread everything out. If light can't get to it, lose it. That's the secret to pulling killer quality harvests. I would do half and half. See which method u like more.

Pic 2: The next node up from the bottom one (SE, SW) will be the one to pull Northeast and Northwest respectively. That's a great way to start.

Pic 3&4: Single container SCROG. I would maybe give this a go too if ya got the gear. Notice how the plants are still 100% mobile...for daily twisting and taking it out for a stroll in the park if your feeling frosty.

Pic 5: Balut. This is special for A-Train. He loves this kind of specialty food. Just in case you don't know....Balut is a 21 day old fertilized duck egg that is quite developed. Soft boiled and creamy and crunchy and feathery and beaky. Lots of textural goodness. Thanks for the awesome LST guide bro....here is a little thank u from me. [emoji12]
aa4e0300b9bcb580c08d859cc91a4dc1.jpg
4e9623288c9e7da0c26607392a38cacc.jpg
65e0d7539f58985f8a887995d5b91674.jpg
d33760329b852ddc61a297679e17bef6.jpg
27e5d456c06bbddabf574e8408cdd8ff.jpg

There called KAAHBS Joe

Hey AFN guys how's it going, i hope you're all good. I'ts been a busy as week for me so i couldn't make an actualization when i would liked, my apologies in advance. Anyway, here is the continuation of my very first growing journal, i hope you can take a look and share your impressions.

So a few days ago i deceided to move my kids to the flowering tent, which is 1x2x1 meters, as there was nothing inside yet:
28_01_PANORAMIC_c.jpg

As you can see on the picture, there is just 11, KS-CBA03 "Adjetive" just did't do it and it has to be removed.

I also replaced the led panel for a new one, also DIY and built by associate friend:
28_01_PANEL.jpg

The new one have some burple on the COB center, but the rest are full spectrum. I'm not completely clear on this subject so for now i can't give a deeper description than what you can see on the images.
28_01_PANORAMIC_b.jpg

Well, at next i'm sowing you an individual record:

KS-CBA01 "Kopi-kopi"
Width: 10 cm
High: 8.5 cm
KSCBA01b.jpg

KSCBA02a.jpg

KS-CBA02 "Element"
KSCBA02a.jpg

KSCBA02b.jpg

KS-CBA03 "Adjetive"

Width: Deceased
High: Deceased
Notes: Deceased
KS-CBA04 "Blank Mind"
KSCBA04a.jpg

KSCBA04b.jpg

KS-CBA05 "Little Palm"
Width: 15 cm
KSCBA05a.jpg

KSCBA05b.jpg

KS-CBA06 "Churro's cutter"

Width: 16 cm
KSCBA06a.jpg

KSCBA06b.jpg

KS-CBA07 "Bad Iron"

Width: 9 cm
KSCBA07a.jpg

KSCBA07b.jpg

KS-CBA08 "Neumatex"

Width: 10.5 cm
High: 7.5 cm
KSCBA08a.jpg

KSCBA08b.jpg

KS-CBA09 "Little Penny"

KSCBA09a.jpg

KSCBA09b.jpg

KS-CBA10 "Coliform"

Width: 12.5 cm
High: 8 cm
KSCBA10a.jpg

KSCBA10b.jpg

KS-CBA11 "Tepo-tepo"

Width: 4.5 cm
High: 5.5 cm
Notes: The first two leaves, i think is a genetic defect, but i'm not sure. Even tough its size, the new leaves seems to be properly growing, we'll see soon what's gonna happen.
KSCBA11a.jpg

KSCBA11b.jpg

KS-CBA12 "I didn't do it"

Notes: It does look healthy but it have those white dots. ¿What is this? Some kind of deficency? Should i worry about?
KSCBA12a.jpg

KSCBA12b.jpg

To compensate the stretching and the inclination, i've been rotating and changing the pots. But in less than 12 hours you can see again that leaves are pointing to the center of the panel again. ¿It's this an strong stress factor?. I also filled the pots with aditional soil to compensate the oversizing, so now they look OK. Today i'll do something more definitive and i will replace the panel for one more potent.
I'm doing LST as soon as it become possible.

Thank you guys, if you have any suggestion or question i'll be more than happy to answer.

CHeers!
They are just leaning towards the light source, if you want them to stop you have to add more panels or make your current panel more spread out. They don't look like they are stretching too much so the power is ok at this point.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41]

Man....seriously looking good. Nice and healthy. Start bending them real soon. A little at a time. LONG PIPE CLEANERS. Do yourself that favor as I've tried many other methods including nets, strings, and clothes hanger steel....the cleaners are in a different league of gentleness and ease of use. Don't forget to drill about 20 holes around the lips of each pot for anchor points. U got a bunch...I would try both methods. The one being to follow the lip with the main growing shoot and keep it going right around as said above....the other is the more traditional method of the Y shape like the Flux Capacitor from BTTF. @A-Train has a LOVELY guide for LST right here in the forum. Which I will link in the bottom.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/low-stress-training-guide-descriptions-and-pictures.57314/

Pic 1: This is how you want to do the traditional method. Pull the top North and open up the bottom node to light....pull those two grow shoots Southeast and Southwest, respectively. You can also use pipe cleaners for leaf tucking where you roll the top of the plant up like a cone funnel and pin it with a pipe cleaner. Makes the leaves out of the way for a day or so. That will allow the light down to the bottom shoots to catch em up. Don't leave the pipe cleaner on the leaf tucking for more than 24 hours. And just spread everything out. If light can't get to it, lose it. That's the secret to pulling killer quality harvests. I would do half and half. See which method u like more.

Pic 2: The next node up from the bottom one (SE, SW) will be the one to pull Northeast and Northwest respectively. That's a great way to start.

Pic 3&4: Single container SCROG. I would maybe give this a go too if ya got the gear. Notice how the plants are still 100% mobile...for daily twisting and taking it out for a stroll in the park if your feeling frosty.

Pic 5: Balut. This is special for A-Train. He loves this kind of specialty food. Just in case you don't know....Balut is a 21 day old fertilized duck egg that is quite developed. Soft boiled and creamy and crunchy and feathery and beaky. Lots of textural goodness. Thanks for the awesome LST guide bro....here is a little thank u from me. [emoji12]

There called KAAHBS Joe

Thank you bro, i'll do it as you say. Nice balut XD, i may try it sometime.

So today my friend made some improvements to our DIY LED panel and this is the monster that we got:

DSCN2408.jpg
DSCN2411.jpg
DSCN2415.jpg

Although the many kind of leds, now the light is more spread and the potency is even stronger :), i don't think i'll have problems again.

Last edited:

There called KAAHBS Joe

I' down with most.... and your correct I love my dining.. but I ain' eating that.. that' a whole nother level to get my mind past lol

Back